What is wrong with these people?

Snarky

So i start a Posi 1. I am on a Blaster.  We fill.  There are 3 Tanks and 2 Brutes

First question; is there equation that desribes the fact of the less damage a team does the more that team wants to attack more objectives?

It was not horrid.  It was not great.  My fully ranged AR Blaster still had to use tricks to lock down the agro. Oh and we had a dom or troller too, they were purple anyway.  Still i caught agro

We get to the last mission. You already know.  After the team wiped and reassembled one of the group says “congratulations, the is the most agro I have ever seen pulled on that map”

They were not kidding.  After we freed the four heroes we moved near the city hall steps.  I will take the blame for saying nothing.  In my defense I have never had a single instruction given on that map followed.  So, I just watched and hoped for the best.  Yeah, we missed the best by a wide margin. I am flying.  I see the larger part of the team play it smart.  There is a big spawn of CoT at the base of the steps.  That needs to be knocked down before we…..I watch as one of our team flies above the city hall like a drunk bee.  Then alights ever so calmly right in front of the door.  Then walks down the stair to where the team has started the fight with CoT. I dont know where all the CoT came from. I have done that TF a lot. It seemed like WAY more than what pours out the door.  We gave it a helluva try. I used a few team purples and team greens.  Level 15 so a few was all i had. After about 4 minutes we were down. When i made it back they were just finishing off CoT at our spawn point.  The only ones left in the scrum below the steps were about 8-9 ruin mages.  We finished in about 35 min. There was no reason the last 10 min had to be so bad.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Gotta give the team credit for sticking it out, at least. Yeah, things got whacky at the end, but that's where people usually drop if they're going to. I've seen people drop out in the first mission of a TF if it's not 100% perfect for them, a lot lately.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Wow.  Did a Posi 1 the other day, I forget the composition, I was on my Storm/Dark sentinel, and there was a MM that was the first target for the doppelfight.  One of the smoothest Posi1s I've done with a PUG.

I did find you can teleport to the ambush door without triggering.  Pretty sure the trigger area is the top of the steps.

You can avoid the cutscene and free A by teleporting past the threshold of the doorway too.  Not that saves you anything since you have to trigger the scene to get the doppels to show up.

• Like 1

As a tanker - when aggro is being held by another tanker I automatically want to go and grab more aggro.  It's what tankers do.

It takes effort to stop and assess the situation and decide if the team can handle more aggro or not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I believe it's clicking on the City Hall doors that starts the Chaos. I maybe wrong. Been a couple of weeks since I did a Posi. Last one with Snarky and went pretty smooth. He was supposed to talk about that one, lol 😆

31 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

I believe it's clicking on the City Hall doors that starts the Chaos. I maybe wrong. Been a couple of weeks since I did a Posi. Last one with Snarky and went pretty smooth. He was supposed to talk about that one, lol 😆

I do not talk about the smooth runs.  Kind of like writing a story.  No drama no interest.  Last night...wow...drama.

I am still trying to figure if it was mostly just door spawn and the team was just really slow killing so it looked like more, or if the tanks and brutes had agro as they came in and dragged extra mobs.  Maybe a combo.

37 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

Used to be that way.

Now you just gotta make it to the top of the stairs to trigger it

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I do not talk about the smooth runs.  Kind of like writing a story.  No drama no interest.  Last night...wow...drama.

I am still trying to figure if it was mostly just door spawn and the team was just really slow killing so it looked like more, or if the tanks and brutes had agro as they came in and dragged extra mobs.  Maybe a combo.

So the smooth runs are equal to " You do not talk about Fight Club " 🤣😂

fight-club-rules.gif

• Haha 1

beating the ambush in posi is simple

first launch the mission from ORO hospital in oro zone so easy to get back in mission

first step stay together as you go work as a team

Second step DO NOT rescue the last hero, 

I repeat DO NOT rescue the last hero, rescuing the last hero shifts the mission to defeat incoming COT which triggers the door as soon as you get clost to the stairs

leave the last hero until you have cleared the mobs around the stairway first THEN rescue the last hero. Stack melee on the doors and use blaster and controller aoe to clear then waves watch your backs for the third wave which comes in from behind  and is larger and more scattered then the initial door waves

enter city hall go left stay left clear the mobs on the left first so you dont side agro them, THEN clear the main mob in the lobby

stack your Inpirations and clear out the dopples make sure to combine fire and take out problematic dopples such as time controllers, or cold/ice users who can flat out disable your entire team and so on melee tanks and such can go down last because theyll crumble under combined fire

cleat out the last mobs surrounding poor azuria and voila TF done profit

• Thumbs Up 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

4 minutes ago, catsi563 said:

As stated before the team NEVER listens to my instructions on this mission.

But I will TRY to get them to do this next time.  I always want to clear around City Hall steps first.  If I am on any non melee then the doors are not an issue.  I have enough DPS/Control to overwhelm the CoT egressing that political hellhole.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, catsi563 said:

beating the ambush in posi is simple

first launch the mission from ORO hospital in oro zone so easy to get back in mission

first step stay together as you go work as a team

I repeat DO NOT rescue the last hero, rescuing the last hero shifts the mission to defeat incoming COT which triggers the door as soon as you get clost to the stairs

leave the last hero until you have cleared the mobs around the stairway first THEN rescue the last hero. Stack melee on the doors and use blaster and controller aoe to clear then waves watch your backs for the third wave which comes in from behind  and is larger and more scattered then the initial door waves

enter city hall go left stay left clear the mobs on the left first so you dont side agro them, THEN clear the main mob in the lobby

stack your Inpirations and clear out the dopples make sure to combine fire and take out problematic dopples such as time controllers, or cold/ice users who can flat out disable your entire team and so on melee tanks and such can go down last because theyll crumble under combined fire

cleat out the last mobs surrounding poor azuria and voila TF done profit

When you enter City Hall you can go to the right and pull the center group of CoT and only fight 1 mob instead of both groups of CoT.

I know it's only 1 mob you don't have to fight if don't want to but everyone always goes left thinking you have to clear both groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

When you enter City Hall you can go to the right and pull the center group of CoT and only fight 1 mob instead of both groups of CoT.

I know it's only 1 mob you don't have to fight if don't want to but everyone always goes left thinking you have to clear both groups.

I fell fortunate when the team doesnt split and charge both.  try to get them to do something smart?  you kidding me here?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just an FYI, there are times that a sufficiently beefy DPS Blaster will literaly TEAR aggro off of even tanks.

Not OFTEN.  But on occasion.  Had this happen with a couple of experienced tanks on a Tank, Blaster, Tank team when I was, strangely, rocking a Blaster.

I kept getting a huge chunk of the aggro turning around and whaling on me.

At first, I thought I wasn't giving the tanks enough time to aggro grab, and thus was drawing the alpha strike.

So I'd sit back for a moment, let them go in and engage, then let loose.

Yet again, "MACROSS MISSILE MASSACRE!" *OOH!  NUMMY FLOOR!*

None of us could figure out what was going on.

And if I had to sit there and wait for half the spawn to die, there was no point in playing...

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

44 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Just an FYI, there are times that a sufficiently beefy DPS Blaster will literaly TEAR aggro off of even tanks.

Not OFTEN.  But on occasion.  Had this happen with a couple of experienced tanks on a Tank, Blaster, Tank team when I was, strangely, rocking a Blaster.

I kept getting a huge chunk of the aggro turning around and whaling on me.

At first, I thought I wasn't giving the tanks enough time to aggro grab, and thus was drawing the alpha strike.

So I'd sit back for a moment, let them go in and engage, then let loose.

Yet again, "MACROSS MISSILE MASSACRE!" *OOH!  NUMMY FLOOR!*

None of us could figure out what was going on.

And if I had to sit there and wait for half the spawn to die, there was no point in playing...

This might be what was happening. I am on an AR, not a Fire.  But still, I purposefully did not overlevel the TF.  Exactly 15, no exemplar effect.  Snipe and M30 at 95% dam, and all other attacks at 90% PLUS rocking the P2W procs and the Blaster proc in M30.  (for accuracy I rely on DFB bonus, targeting drone and a Kismet in concealment)   So, if there was a way for me to pull from a meat shield I might have achieved that.  And I would bet a good chunk of infamy not one of those Brutes or Tanks had Taunt.  (My tanks and lately my Brutes always take Taunt, even at low level if teaming)

Edited by Snarky

For Posi 1 play a psi/electric dominator.

In the final mission use static field at the door to sleep the ambushes as they come out.

Keep paralyzing blast and domination for the fight with your shadow duplicates.   Dominate and hold them.  The fight should then be easy.

Psi because it works great on clockwork.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

For Posi 1 play a psi/electric dominator.

In the final mission use static field at the door to sleep the ambushes as they come out.

Keep paralyzing blast and domination for the fight with your shadow duplicates.   Dominate and hold them.  The fight should then be easy.

Psi because it works great on clockwork.

I have had great success on a Dom the two times I ran one there.  None of the doppels appear to be able to handle serious mezz

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

As stated before the team NEVER listens to my instructions on this mission.

But I will TRY to get them to do this next time.  I always want to clear around City Hall steps first.  If I am on any non melee then the doors are not an issue.  I have enough DPS/Control to overwhelm the CoT egressing that political hellhole.

What the hell are you doing rescuing any heroes? Any vampire worth his salt should be deceived into getting bound away forever with a demon in the power system of Cap Au Diable.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Snarky said:

So i start a Posi 1.

image.png.d1c5cc440e9bba44f20e545ecbce9a5a.png

Seriously, I feel your pain. (Do the vampirically-challenged have pain?) After many, many, many Posi 1's with people charging the door and wiping the team...repeatedly...I've vowed to only do a P1 when a new character needs it for the badge.  Otherwise, forget it.  (Some of those knuckleheads knew it would trigger and deliberately did it.)

8 hours ago, Andreah said:

You have the worst luck with PUGs. I've been in plenty of Posi-1 PUGs and almost never have these kinds of problems.

YMMV, as they say.  I'm glad you've had little in the way of problems with this. Truly.  As I mention, like the Snark-meister, I have had enough problems with this, that it has ruined that part of the game for me.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I just solo Posi 1. It makes it quick and usually pain free.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

21 hours ago, RCU7115 said:

yeah you dont have to clear that left mob but is the last mission and its good exp and a chance for drops and inspirations for the final battle so doesnt hurt unless your speed running

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?