Seed hamis on the market please

kelika2

Some of them are getting insane in prices.

acc/dmg and end/tohit/def specifically

10-15m each would be perfect

I wont give examples on what characters are now super expensive out of fear of creating even more of a demand but my fucking [blanks] and [redacted] are getting expensive to build.  ugh even the [deleted] that are typed defense based are suffering from frankenslotting the [removed] set with acc/dmg hamis.  hell even the archetype [erased] just cant anymore needing at least [out of synonyms] to min/max every single slot available to me.

• Thumbs Down 3

... join hamis? *shrug*

That said, given that yes, some are expensive, the others are insanely cheap (under 100k.) So seeding generally, I don't think would really be a good idea, and selectively seeding... ugh.

Now, people had suggested converters working on hamis, which might do what you're looking for - making the super-cheap ones worth converting and driving down the prices of the more expensive ones. And while the owner-of-many-cheap-ones in me likes the idea... not sure what the end market (or raid) result would be.

• Thumbs Up 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I thought for hami-o's to be convertible,  they would need to be made into a 'set'.  That would make it where you could only use 1 of each type in a power,  not 2 or more of end/to hit/def or acc/dam like people do now.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

... join hamis? *shrug*

But @Greycat, then people would have to actually play the game and participate in **gasp** cooperative group content...

Or, y'know, run one of the TFs that gives the equivalent.

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

... join hamis? *shrug*

catch 22.  160 merits can be turned into a lot of converters that i can use to get what i want instead of getting another acc/mez or dmg/range

but the well is drying up

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I don't think we need to seed, or make Hami-o's convertible.

Here is why, and I know this may be controversial to some, but here it goes..

Build a fire farmer and use it to make so much in game currency that it does not bother you to spend whatever something cost on the market. Or do the content required to get the drops  you want. I have done both. I have participated in countless Hamidon raids in order to get drops that I have no use for at the time. Sometimes I get what I need, sometimes I don't.  I generally store the unneeded away for later or drop them on the market for 1 inf.  I have also farmed billions upon billions of inf over the lat 2 years and have bought countless Hami-os and IOs, at full market price. I don't really try to get stuff for real cheap, I just keep on upping the bid until I win the auction.  my point is, anything in this game is easily obtained, without changing the current mechanics, it is just a matter of playing the game to succeed in you endeavors!

My fear is this; It seems that most of the time things like this get "fixed" , there is an unexpected consequence that causes more problems down the line, and the player base suffers in the long run for it.

Edited by Mr. Apocalypse
grammer/spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, biostem said:

One possible solution, (though I am loathe to introduce a new currency), would be to replace the choice of a Hamidon enhancement  with a "Hamidon token", which can be turned in for your choice of HO.

I could be down with this, or a store/contact that lets you trade them 2 for 1 to get the one you want.

Edited by Mr. Apocalypse
  • Thumbs Up 3

Y'all know that frankenslotting and boosting set IOs will get you to almost the same values as most hami-o's, right? There are only a very rare few powers that benefit fully from a hami-o, mostly those that have multiple control effects or both tohit and defense buffs/debuffs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

9 hours ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

I don't think we need to seed, or make Hami-o's convertible.

Here is why, and I know this may be controversial to some, but here it goes..

Build a fire farmer and use it to make so much in game currency that it does not bother you to spend whatever something cost on the market. Or do the content required to get the drops  you want. I have done both. I have participated in countless Hamidon raids in order to get drops that I have no use for at the time. Sometimes I get what I need, sometimes I don't.  I generally store the unneeded away for later or drop them on the market for 1 inf.  I have also farmed billions upon billions of inf over the lat 2 years and have bought countless Hami-os and IOs, at full market price. I don't really try to get stuff for real cheap, I just keep on upping the bid until I win the auction.  my point is, anything in this game is easily obtained, without changing the current mechanics, it is just a matter of playing the game to succeed in you endeavors!

My fear is this; It seems that most of the time things like this get "fixed" , there is an unexpected consequence that causes more problems down the line, and the player base suffers in the long run for it.

This is a big issue because on one hand you have the:

Purists: This game is perfection change nothing or I will leave!

and on the other hand you have the,

Moar crowd: i want more powers, more ios, more accolades more more more.

I know there are more, the "power creep crew" & the "nerf herders" but there's little wiggle room regardless. 

This game cannot exist in a bubble. There must be changes or it will stagnate. 

In the end Balance is the key, so we must ask ourselves,

Will making Hamios convertible upset the balance?

• Thumbs Up 2

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

6 hours ago, Rigged said:

Y'all know that frankenslotting and boosting set IOs will get you to almost the same values as most hami-o's, right? There are only a very rare few powers that benefit fully from a hami-o, mostly those that have multiple control effects or both tohit and defense buffs/debuffs.

This is what I've been doing for most of my characters.  Throw in a crushing impact or mako acc/dmg and you are 78.8% of a nucleus.  Higher percentage if youre running into diminishing returns.

Edited by 0th Power
math
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Rigged said:

cant beat 3 enzymes in radi infection or beta decay.

or 4/6 basilisk gaze and 2 dmg/mez hamis in holds that allow it

From min/maxing many, many toons for a very long time...

IO sets nearly always result in superior overall builds. There are a few powers and very limited instances that a hami is superior, but this is rare.

In fact, for the marginal gain a hami could represent, in a single power on a rare build, it's hardly worth the effort to gain a fraction of a percent.

38 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

From min/maxing many, many toons for a very long time...

IO sets nearly always result in superior overall builds. There are a few powers and very limited instances that a hami is superior, but this is rare.

In fact, for the marginal gain a hami could represent, in a single power on a rare build, it's hardly worth the effort to gain a fraction of a percent.

i cant argue this without threatening the rarity of the two hamis i listed in the op.  i have to let this slide

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, TheZag said:

I thought for hami-o's to be convertible,  they would need to be made into a 'set'.  That would make it where you could only use 1 of each type in a power,  not 2 or more of end/to hit/def or acc/dam like people do now.

This is my understanding as well.  I believe Faultline was the one who said it.  It may have been on a Discord or DM.

But I wonder if you could create a "recipe" that required an HO (or equivalent) plus say 10 million inf ( or whatever the number crunchers can come up with as fair and appropriate) to make the initial HO into a different HO?

As a rule, I am against seeding the market.  It was needed initially because we were starting with completely empty shelves.  Those really expensive HOs and D-Syncs are expensive because they are highly desirable AND rare.  High demand and low supply = high price.

However, I would be in favor of slightly tweaking the drop rate among HOs (and equivalents) to make the more expensive ones a little more likely to drop and therefore increase the supply, which will ultimately lower prices.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bionic_Flea said:

This is my understanding as well.  I believe Faultline was the one who said it.  It may have been on a Discord or DM.

But I wonder if you could create a "recipe" that required an HO (or equivalent) plus say 10 million inf ( or whatever the number crunchers can come up with as fair and appropriate) to make the initial HO into a different HO?

As a rule, I am against seeding the market.  It was needed initially because we were starting with completely empty shelves.  Those really expensive HOs and D-Syncs are expensive because they are highly desirable AND rare.  High demand and low supply = high price.

However, I would be in favor of slightly tweaking the drop rate among HOs (and equivalents) to make the more expensive ones a little more likely to drop and therefore increase the supply, which will ultimately lower prices.

Do we know if the drop rate is straight random or weighted? if it is already straight random, as in every HO has an equal chance to drop as reward, then I don't see tweaking the drop rates as really doing anything. If it is weighted, then I am of the opinion it really shouldn't be. (Full disclosure: I am of the belief it is straight random chance and not weighted. I've been wrong before though.)

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, biostem said:

One possible solution, (though I am loathe to introduce a new currency), would be to replace the choice of a Hamidon enhancement  with a "Hamidon token", which can be turned in for your choice of HO.

No Thank you Homecoming has too many in game currencys atm.  But I would in favour of being to convert them into another Hami set.

Edited by Charming Aloof
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, Charming Aloof said:

No Thank you Homecoming has too many in game currencys atm.  How about a random chance to get an Hami enchancement drop during a tf\sf.

No. Hami raids are run like clockwork every day. Getting an HO is easy. Making HOs have a chance to drop as a TF/SF reward takes away the need to either go join one of the many Hamidon raids done daily (and are scheduled to be available for others regardless of when they play) and opens the door to also asking for Hydra Origin, Titan Origin, and D-Sync Origin enhancements to also drop randomly from TFs and SFs.

And if players don't want to do Hamidon raids to get HOs? Inf' is not exactly a rare commodity and they can usually be found on the AH.

(Edit: Besides, the OP seems to be about getting specific ones rather than just getting them at all.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Charming Aloof said:

No Thank you Homecoming has too many in game currencys atm.  But I would in favour of being to convert them into another Hami set.

Allow HOs/Titan-Os/D-syncs to be converted using enhancement converters like set IOs; all enhancements of a type (all HOs, all D-syncs, etc) are considered a single set, and there is no out-of-set conversion (i.e., you can't turn an HO into a D-syncs). You put in your enhancement, pay the 3 converters, and out pops a random new enhancement. There are enough different enhancements in each group to make it a crap shoot to get the specific one you want at any roll.

• Thumbs Up 3

No on seeding, possible on converting.  Conversion will probably flatten the market though initial turmoil since we have prices from 1000 to 800M depending on a few factors.

Not too invested myself.  I have a couple powers that would be better off with a Hami instead of current, but not enough to make a difference.  Then again, I don't try to tweak out the last few percentages.

• Thumbs Up 1