Badges: puzzled why teams never seem to go for these ones

Techwright

I realize not everyone is a badge hound, but I'm puzzled why, over the last couple of years, I've consistently seen teams ignoring earning the following badges, sometimes deliberately ignoring them:

1. Safeguard Mission exploration badges (presumably Mayhem missions as well, though I've not been on these enough to gauge.) If you know where to look, it takes maybe 30 seconds longer.

2. Doorbuster Badge - Jail doors destroyed badge.  Yeah, it will not be had on any one try, but considering the number of times people run the Penny Yin Task Force, taking an extra minute or two to destroy all the jail doors would add up over time.  Citadel TF has a lot of them too, and I believe the map is reused several times in that one.

And as a side note, no matter how long I've been in the game I'm still learning things I would have thought obvious to me.  Today's discoveries, while reading the Safeguard page is:

1. Weapons Raid Side Mission Rewards - these are actually separate from the Mission Completions rewards.  Those times I've found them in my powers tray, I'd assumed they were there as Completion rewards.  Gives me a bit of a reason to do the side missions now, especially the stealth-spotting IR Goggles.  Those would really help against annoying Night Widows once yellow inspirations run out.

2. Farming Safeguard missions for badge credits - certain conditions apply, which is probably why I didn't know it could be done.

Edited by Techwright
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find it much easier to badge solo, or on a pre-made SG team specifically focused on badging.  On most pick-up teams there's always a few people who aren't really paying close enough attention to team chat to know the team is doing something other then mission completion or kill all.

That said, I would encourage everyone to try getting their teams to do badges.  I think most people would do it if they are paying attention.  

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Originally some of these badges in specific on the Redside, the badge tracker would only count up on the person that interacted/finished the side mission. So it was easier to solo them to maximize the badge progress. I am not sure if it was the same for Safeguard, but it might of been possible.

Now with the contact where you can run any safeguard/bank robbery mishes, it makes it smoother to run. I know on Excelsior a guy runs bank robbery exploration mishes for anyone to get the Invader Accolade.

Still I think shouting in LFG would bring people in to help with the hunt, as badge progress is tied to team now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

Becky!

OMG Becky!  Hi Becky, what are you doing at the entrance of the mission

Hey!  Are we going to try for the Becky Badge?  All we have to do is . . . 

Mission Complete.

-- Every Aeon Strike Force EVAR!

• Haha 4

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

the Penny Yin Task Force, taking an extra minute or two to destroy all the jail doors would add up over time.

I tend to hurry up to the jail portion and start on the doors before others get there, but unless I'm on a high-damage toon I rarely get more than one of them down before the mission complete.  So they're getting 1% badge progress whether they like it or not!

• Haha 2

RE:  Mayhems and Safeguards

Why NOT always have the temp powers Resuscitation (Skyway), Endurance Increase (Talos), Health Increase (Brickstown), and Regeneration Increase (PI)?  Unlock Agent Hassell/Lord Schweinzer and refresh them whenever they run out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

4 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Just ask

As a badger I always do.

It truly should be that simple.  Unfortunately, in my case, that goes back to...

5 hours ago, Techwright said:

I've consistently seen teams ignoring earning the following badges, sometimes deliberately ignoring them

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Why NOT always have the temp powers Resuscitation (Skyway), Endurance Increase (Talos), Health Increase (Brickstown), and Regeneration Increase (PI)?  Unlock Agent Hassell/Lord Schweinzer and refresh them whenever they run out.

Those don't refresh from the same side.  You can cross sides to get a new charge of these temp powers and then you're done.  By that I mean do Skyway mayhem and get the rez, when it runs out run the Skyway safeguard and it will refresh, then that's it.

So we don't get into a back-and-forth "yes it does/no it doesn't" I just ran Skyway mayhem on someone who had done it long ago (and therefore no time left on the power) and did not get it rewarded.

Edited by Hedgefund2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Techwright said:

I'm puzzled why, over the last couple of years, I've consistently seen teams ignoring earning the following badges

Badges emanate a discernable odor of an unpleasant nature, and are not required.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Bring It On (The Matrix) | Reaction GIFs

I I had any skill at this, I would upload the Sting "I will him!" 😠 scene from Lynch's Dune.

But since I don't, I submit to your Keanu Reeves clip.  That's Ted, right? 🤔

😂

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Does rerunning the missions actually give you the temp power again? I thought it was a one and done kinda thing.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I rarely see teams do Safeguards or Mayhems.  Much less badge while doing them.  I have seen it.  But its like finding a dollar bill on the beach.  Possible but not a daily occurence.

This baffles me more than skipping badges honestly.  It's right there in the same zone.  It takes like a minute to pop in there, "protect" the money, and leave. It's a quick mission complete and a shot at an EB/AV.

And maybe 1 in 10 radio teams actually does it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZemX said:

It's a quick mission complete and a shot at an EB/AV.

You're forgetting the part where most PI Radio teams are often a collection of rag-tag players from (literally) level 1 to 50+++ with a median somewhere between 30-35. Jumping into the Mayhem requires bypassing a map full of figurative nasty to get to a bank entrance that has a chance of spawning none-other than Lord Recluse himself. Combine these factors and this is why the average PI "team" passes on the Detective's request and scoots on to the next mission in the list.

5 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Unless it gives me an accolade power, I couldn't care less about badges most of the time.

As for the original topic, this is somewhat where I stand. I'll collect them out of convenience, but if there isn't a long-term net value out of the effort involved, I'm highly unlikely to delve into it, especially having a roster of 40+ characters I actively rotate through.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

rag-tag players

Are the looking for a shining planet known as earth?

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

6 hours ago, Hedgefund2 said:

Those don't refresh from the same side.  You can cross sides to get a new charge of these temp powers and then you're done.  By that I mean do Skyway mayhem and get the rez, when it runs out run the Skyway safeguard and it will refresh, then that's it.

So we don't get into a back-and-forth "yes it does/no it doesn't" I just ran Skyway mayhem on someone who had done it long ago (and therefore no time left on the power) and did not get it rewarded.

6 hours ago, Arbegla said:

Does rerunning the missions actually give you the temp power again? I thought it was a one and done kinda thing.

Well I will be a monkey's uncle.  To be honest, I had just finally gotten around to unlocking the contact for safeguard/mayhem on demand and frankly I hadn't gotten around to re-upping any of the temps, and I hadn't seen anything in the wiki or City of Data (all hail Uberguy) that indicated there was any limit.  I will certainly look into this!

Who run Bartertown?