Four Billion Influence

Player2

9 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

image.gif.d80d65db4a8cc9870e666347c4052d96.gif

I was thinking how cool of an arc would be if there was a dragon who could shapeshift and was the one selling and buying the stuff from heroes. "Man, they always got such great stuff."

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Zewks said:

The big question:

How did you all get it?

What I do:

1) On creation a character gets 200-300 million starter funds, buys all the travel stuff, some temp powers, and grabs the freebies from P2W, including double XP.

2) That character runs around to level 7-12 and then hits the base and character email to scrounge whatever he might find that he can slot now or soon.  He might find some ATOs, WinterOs, level 10 PvP procs, etc.

3)  What he doesn't get he puts patient bids on; somewhere between 20-50% cheaper than the last 5.  I don't mind if I have to wait as I won't be able to slot them for a few levels anyway.

4)  They usually fill within 24 hours.  If they don't, I raise the bid a bit, or perhaps go with the going rate if I really want it now.

5)  I play that character to 50.  Along the way, I get drops.  I vendor white recipes and I craft whatever I have the salvage for and sell or convert and sell.  I use merits I get from running TFs, arcs, and exploration accolades to buy the converters.  When I get full on salvage I'll sell white and yellow salvage on market under going rates just to sell fast, help others out, and get badges that let me hold or sell more.  I'll hold on to rare salvage unless I get a bunch of one kind.

6)  I continue to play after 50 until at least T3, more if I really like the character, rarely less but it has happened.  Playing at level 50 generates huge amounts of influence and once again, I continue vendoring white recipes and craft, convert, sell everything else.  Almost without fail that character will have the amount of money that he was initially seeded or more!

7)  When I feel the character is done or I get the itch to play something new, I'll put down cheap bids for low level recipes as the lower the recipe, the less it costs to craft it, or I might put lowball bids for attuned IOs that aren't very popular.  When I convert those I might keep some in storage and sell the rest.  Oh, don't forget to put in some lowball bids for the salvage to craft your recipes.

8 )  Those characters might sit there for a week or for several months.  When I log them in, I'll grab their buys, craft/convert, and put stuff for sale.  I usually have 25-100 million in sales sitting on them.  I'll play them for a bit and will drop off any Prismatic Aethers or Enhancement Catalysts in storage.  If he has over 500 mill he might buy some super packs or send an email with 200-300 mill for the next character.  Don't forget to replenish your bids and place your stuff for sale before logging off.

Once you start playing at 50, vendoring, and crafting/converting/selling it is almost impossible NOT to become a billionaire in time.  Buying and selling on idle characters means you are making bank even when you aren't playing.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 1

• Game Master
5 hours ago, BlackSpectre said:

Yeah, but you’re a GM and have the cheat codes!!! 😜

kidding! Kidding! Sheesh. One little comment…

You'd think that, but sadly we can't grant stuff to ourselves any more than we can to players

• Haha 1

I have almost 500 million on one character. Add that with the 100 or so other alts, I have 500 million and 42! 

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

I think if I went through all my alts and pooled all their cash on hand into one pile, I'd have like 200 million. Ish.

But that's what happens when you have a cycle of coming up with a new concept, leveling them to 50, getting them all kitted out and incarnated, and then moving on to the next concept, rather than parking at 50 and farming. 🙂

Though I do have somewhere around 4000 merits sitting between characters, and my three bases split between my various characters that have around 200ish rare salvage in each one. I try to keep about 4-6 of each type on hand, as well as 10-20 of all others (common and uncommon), so I can make anything at a moment's notice.

• Haha 1

• Game Master
2 minutes ago, WumpusRat said:

I think if I went through all my alts and pooled all their cash on hand into one pile, I'd have like 200 million. Ish.

But that's what happens when you have a cycle of coming up with a new concept, leveling them to 50, getting them all kitted out and incarnated, and then moving on to the next concept, rather than parking at 50 and farming. 🙂

Though I do have somewhere around 4000 merits sitting between characters, and my three bases split between my various characters that have around 200ish rare salvage in each one. I try to keep about 4-6 of each type on hand, as well as 10-20 of all others (common and uncommon), so I can make anything at a moment's notice.

I have 49 alts. I have deleted far more than I've kept, and I've stripped the deleted alts of everything of value. 39 of the alts are incarnate tier 4 and retired. I have 2 farmers but I use them for levelling not inf as the inf I get from teaming is better. I also have a base full of useful enhancements and sets so it doesn't really cost me that much to slot new alts. Considering how many purple sets I have on all those retired alts I dread to think how much inf I'd have if I sold them 😛

13 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

I have 49 alts. I have deleted far more than I've kept, and I've stripped the deleted alts of everything of value. 39 of the alts are incarnate tier 4 and retired. I have 2 farmers but I use them for levelling not inf as the inf I get from teaming is better. I also have a base full of useful enhancements and sets so it doesn't really cost me that much to slot new alts. Considering how many purple sets I have on all those retired alts I dread to think how much inf I'd have if I sold them 😛

If you don't count superior ATOs, I think I have a single character with purple sets. Everyone else just uses normal stuff. 🙂 

I've my eye on you, all of you!money-our-economy-explained-with-cookies.gif.e4f2b8b6d8ffcfecbd4bc4d4a1604d88.gif

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, Luminara said:

*saunters into @GM Crumpet's account, picks up one Hero merit, licks it, throws it back in the pile, mixes the pile, saunters back out*

8 hours ago, High_Beam said:

And that people is how you prevent your brother from eating the last cookie.

Sorry to derail, but that just reminded me of a funny story my late father used to tell.  In his college days (1950s), the university he attended was a bit formal, and served a family-style dinner several times a week.  A faculty member was assigned to oversee each table. It was their duty to see the trays were passed around, and they received the final portion.  One faculty lady was known for selfish behavior.  When the wait staff brought the dessert tray around, she'd lick her finger, place it on the biggest piece and say "That's mine", obviously intending for everyone to leave it alone.  The students eventually had enough.  When a nice cake was brought around one day, and the ritual concluded, the student receiving the cake tray from her licked his finger, stabbed it in the cake slice she'd marked and declared "That's hers!". All the others at the table followed suit, reducing the piece to rubble. 

It fixed the problem.

scrooge-mcduck-money-bin.jpg

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

11 hours ago, Zewks said:

The big question:

How did you all get it?

Many of the people responding on this thread have been playing on Homecoming now for about 4 years. Like others said, it just piles up after awhile. Many people just give away money to random people, or costume contests or whatever. If you play this game for any length of time, you will have way more than you ever need.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Game Master
5 hours ago, Techwright said:

Sorry to derail, but that just reminded me of a funny story my late father used to tell.  In his college days (1950s), the university he attended was a bit formal, and served a family-style dinner several times a week.  A faculty member was assigned to oversee each table. It was their duty to see the trays were passed around, and they received the final portion.  One faculty lady was known for selfish behavior.  When the wait staff brought the dessert tray around, she'd lick her finger, place it on the biggest piece and say "That's mine", obviously intending for everyone to leave it alone.  The students eventually had enough.  When a nice cake was brought around one day, and the ritual concluded, the student receiving the cake tray from her licked his finger, stabbed it in the cake slice she'd marked and declared "That's hers!". All the others at the table followed suit, reducing the piece to rubble. 

It fixed the problem.

See. I'm the kind of person who wouldn't really care and would pick that piece out of spite and eat it in front of her. A licked finger? Baby I've had much worse than that in my mouth in my time 😛 

Plus I'm not bothered by other peoples germs. I've probably got more on my finger than she has!!

17 hours ago, Herotu said:

If you'd have said sister, I'd have believed you.

I have a two inch scar on my left buttock from the knife my brother stabbed me with fighting over the last Rice Krispies Treat.  Granted he also has a similar scar from the same incident.  True story.

And in the end, the dog got the treat.  Mom was supremely unhappy with the mess.

• Sad 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

image.png.0727617083dc4c72f3a6d59213a2d08b.png

at some point counting is replaced by simply 'a lot'.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I bet I'm close to Player2's total.  Now I have to count.  *twitches*

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

16 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

You'd think that, but sadly we can't grant stuff to ourselves any more than we can to players

I investigated myself for creating influence and found the allegations baseless. Case closed. 😉

• Haha 2