What’s the most bombastic name in your stable

liveevil2000

Most of my character names are anagrams of their real names that usually end up being nonsense.

But when "Avast Moon Cry" came up on the anagram server I knew I had to use that. The character's entire concept is her name is Anastasia Romanov and she is entirely sick of explaining that no, she's not that Anastasia Romanov(a). (She goes by Stacy.)

• Haha 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

• Game Master
6 hours ago, Gobbledigook said:

Haha i have that name on Excelsior. Pretty much unused so if you wanted it on that server also i would let it go.

That's very kind. I don't tend to reuse names too much though as all the alts I keep have a back story and I've often spent ages trying to find a power set that works with the name.

• Thumbs Up 1

Undoubtedly Jingo Updog Esquire (and to a lesser extent, his daughter, Jingo Updog Esq. Jr (titles are apparently inherited strangely in their universe) ).  He is a hyper-patriotic broadsword/regen brute and he is very effective at what he does.

image.thumb.png.4f145b8405e24b4d715a1372daccec7a.png

The roleplaying is almost entirely just in my own head, but it's as bombastic as it gets.

Who run Bartertown?

Shaggy - Because not only is he Mister Boombastic but he's truly fantastic.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 9/24/2023 at 6:43 PM, liveevil2000 said:

As the title says. 

I have a love for names like this. 

what is the most over the top bigger than life name for a toon you have.?

and what is the concept of the toon?

I’ll go first. 
HyperSonic MegaClaw

born with the ability to morph and mold his bones into any basic shape. Usually barbs and spikes.  Coupled with the ability to move so fast he practically teleports. 

Well..not to gild the lilly here.

<----------

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I have a character in a nice suit and tie with orange hair named "Orange 45."

He's, you guessed it, a Thugs Mastermind.  😁

• Haha 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Yuge!

• Like 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Two I feel are highly bombtastic and fun from either side

Red  - Máistir Fiach

Blue - Nameless Witch

• Like 1

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

I had thougth to make a plants/Water something called JustWetMyPlants, but waited too long, I saw it in use in Atlas some months back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 3 weeks later

KangaRuPaul
Symphony control

KangaRuPaul was once a simple joey, finding his way in the bush. But he got separated from his mother. He wandered his way into Alice Springs where a drag convention was being held. 

Seemingly abandoned, a kindly drag queen took him in. Her drag mother, unbeknownst to most, was also a powerful magician. Out of a perhaps misguided anthropomorphism, she began giving ‘Ru’ increasingly human attributes. She also gave him singing powers as she saw he absolutely loved the lip sync contests. Unfortunately she passed away, but not before casting an adaptive spell on him that would self-execute new protective powers, with a few failsafes. KangaRuPaul is still magically evolving and also perfecting his drag show. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 11:10 AM, PeregrineFalcon said:

This where we could really use physique sliders in order to properly portray the "magnificence." Also the battle cry needs to be longer, so you can include this gem:  “The day I realized it can be smart to be shallow was, for me, a deep experience.”

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I love pun names so, while not bombastic, there's...

Farmer Brawn - ss/fire brute on my alt account that I use for AE

Permadonna - dark/psi dom (but thinking of remaking as symphony/psi)

Repeat Offender - a solo defender and part of the villain SG The Usual Suspects

My Hero - I have yet to level this one; chose the name so that NPCs will say things like "No way! You're My Hero!"