Be Aware, VideotMaps Mod Tampered With

Solarverse

Just got through reading everything, but for those who want (or want to verify) mods that "I" had gathered from the original HC discussion on mods, then here's the Google Drive archive that's been available. I just uploaded what appears to be the file being asked for of (at least one version of) the COH_Modder version. I've not touched these in so long that they're likely either the original or at least from the time the modder was being worked on.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

When last we left our intrepid investigators, evidence of a heinous crime had been unearthed.  Witnesses were questioned, clues followed, and the facts began to surface, and we hoped the identity of the perpetrator of the pernicious perfidy was pending.  Who threatened harm to the hallowed halls of our home?  How and when were these salacious skins sequestered in the sanctity of a simple file mod?  Will the villain be victorious, or will our team of talented truth-finders unveil him?

*the audience scoots forward in their seats, giddy with anticipation*

Tune in next time to find out on...

Paragon Vice.

*several actors mug for the camera as cheesy guitar riffs wail in the background*

*the screen fades out and a Hero-O's commercial cuts in*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

20 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Do uh we have any screen shots of this mod in action?  Asking for a friend...

Your blind friend, the one with the white stick? I think he's seen them already.

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

18 hours ago, biostem said:

Does this just make those little slivers flesh colored?  I mean, people have done something similar since like launch, by using other skin tones that are easier to match with the colors available... 

Okay all joking secured for the moment.  The lower body work renders it down to a "landing strip of hair" that can be colored while the rest of the area is whatever skin tone you have.  The breasts are similar in that there are darker areolas that do not change well with skin tone and there is a slight degree of color you can select in the center that I imagine could be altered to render the illusion of a nipple (which there isn't otherwise).  If you have darker skin tones selected you will not really see the benefit of the areola and thus makes it just like when you choose a skin tight smooth top and skin tone to a hue that looks like skin.

It works on my plant/nature dome because her skin is green-ish and brown.  Runeslinger is a bookish magic gun girl so she is a little pale so again, when skinny dipping in Platinum Lake it works.

Edited by High_Beam
Spelling
  • Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

The nude mod is available in City Mod Installer if anyone wants to check it out ("Female Nude Patch"). Y'know, for scientific purposes. There is also another one out there one can find with a Google search. Again, for science. I have not installed either version so I cannot speak to their quality.

Alas, there is no such patch for males. Truly a sad day. Hmm...maybe I should start a new project...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Probably because there's nothing to texture downstairs.  No polygons.  All you could possibly do is the Buffalo Bill.

Well that's a phrase I haven't heard in a LONG time LOL!

I wonder if a belt piece could be modified, since they have their own polygonal structure. In conjunction with a Buffalo Bill costume mod, of course. There are a few belt pieces that have dangly cape-like bits, so maybe it's even possible to have a todger with physics! 🍆

Mind you I'm cackling so hard right now.

1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I wonder if a belt piece could be modified, since they have their own polygonal structure. In conjunction with a Buffalo Bill costume mod, of course. There are a few belt pieces that have dangly cape-like bits, so maybe it's even possible to have a todger with physics! 🍆

A tube steak hanging off of a dude's midriff is just going to look like a homicide victim who hasn't collapsed yet.  Or like a muppet performed genital reconstruction surgery (and forgot about the yam bag).

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

24 minutes ago, Luminara said:

A tube steak hanging off of a dude's midriff is just going to look like a homicide victim who hasn't collapsed yet.  Or like a muppet performed genital reconstruction surgery (and forgot about the yam bag).

I've never wanted to make a custom costume piece as much as I do right now. Again, for purely scientific purposes. 🤭

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Well that's a phrase I haven't heard in a LONG time LOL!

Mind you I'm cackling so hard right now.

Yes, with physics! And, as Luminara suggests, a yam bag as well.  AND and aNd … sliders!   But just for the yam bag.  

• Haha 1

Update: As of right now, we don't know exactly where the mod came from since I cannot remember for certain if I downloaded it off the original CoH Modder Tool or if I had downloaded it prior to the Mod Tool's invention off of another website. I think I know where I downloaded it from, but where I think I downloaded it from contradicts what others are saying on these forums. So until I know for sure, I am going to keep speculation to a minimal. @AboveTheChemist is going to take a look at the Mod version that I personally had and see if he can help shed some light on the subject, but unless he comes up with some definitive answers, I suggest just for caution, it doesn't hurt to check your character creation and make sure your Eden Top and Bikini 3 bottoms are...normal. If they are not normal, then you have inadvertently downloaded your mod at the same time that I did and from the same place that I did. However, if you downloaded the newer version on the most recent mod tool, you're safe; @Michiyo has verified that the rogue mod is not a part of the version on their mod tool and that they are also very diligent to make sure all mods uploaded to their tool are free of shenanigans such as this one, heh. I'll update one last time if we discover the origin of the mod that I downloaded so that you can compare dates and what-not, but even without that info, it's easy to find out if you have the rogue mod or not by simply checking your character creation options mentioned above.

Also, please remember, this rogue mod is not harmful in any way to your game or your computer, it's simply somebody's practical joke is my best guess. So if you happen to have the mod running and you did not knowingly install it, no worries, it's very easy to remove. Just follow the steps provided and poof...no more nude mod. Hope I did not panic anyone, that was not my intention. My only intention was to spread awareness. My apologies. Also, no accusations are being made, I have simply tried keeping the information up to date and if any information turns out to be wrong, I will update.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Silence of the Lambs.

For the record, my wife said there was an actual slit. Even though the scientific side of me wanted to see for myself, let's just say I knew better, so I took her word on it, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

For the record, my wife said there was an actual slit. Even though the scientific side of me wanted to see for myself, let's just say I knew better, so I took her word on it, lol.

Could just be implied texture from joints coming together.  Or…..

image.gif.b6a28067c1554c13318fb687b5992f83.gif

• Haha 3

Well, Titan Weapons could use an upgrade...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

9 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I'm torn. On the one hand I want to lock this thread as it seems to have run it's course, on the other hand it is making me cackle like a witch throwing reprobates into her oven 😛

Eh, Leave it open, but encourage the miscreants to a new thread 😛

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

8 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Update: As of right now, we don't know exactly where the mod came from since I cannot remember for certain if I downloaded it off the original CoH Modder Tool or if I had 

Did that GDrive archive help any? The one file I uploaded was the newest I bothered to have for some reason and it's in the right month, so I figured if nothing else it's a reference point for time.