Testing Needed for Upcoming Hot-Fix (Jan 8th, 2024 approx. 8PM EST)

Booper

• City Council

Hello Everybody!

With the recent influx of new players (how exciting!), we are in work on a hot-fix for performance issues experienced on our more populated shards. Sometime tomorrow, we plan to update Brainstorm with this hot-fix and will need as many players as possible to test it out. We know we will not be able to come close to the load demands of the Live game, but we would like to do as much as we can to mitigate the risk of introducing unintended issues.

Ideally, we will want 25+ testers available for this test.

At this time, we do not have a set schedule on when we'll be ready to perform this test. However, if you are interested in being notified to participate in the test, please reply to this post indicating you are interested and I (or someone on the team) will message you when testing is ready.

Thank you for the help and consideration,

Booper

• Thanks 1

• City Council
8 hours ago, FupDup said:

For the test, would we just log in and derp around with random missions and stuff on our own during the time frame, or is there highly specific content that would be done?

not specific content, but not derping around either. There will be coordination involved.

3 hours ago, DawL said:

How are you planning on notifying? 

Via a forum message. I (or someone else) may also make an updated post here.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Booper changed the title to Testing Needed for Upcoming Hot-Fix (Jan 8th, 2024 approx. 8PM EST)
  • City Council

I have updated the title. At this time, I am estimating a start time around 8PM EST (0100 UTC). If you wish to participate, please be logged into Brainstorm prior to that start time.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Moose 1