If you wanted new powers what would it be?

Not necessarily a new power, but the ability to have a Staff to cast powers from as a Blaster/Def/Cor/Con would be awesome.  

• Like 3

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

I think we just need a “super-person” epic archetype. Inherent flight, super strength-esque moves, laser beam eyes, frost-breath, etc.

Edited by Azari

4 minutes ago, Azari said:

I think we just need a “super-person” epic archetype. Inherent flight, super strength-esque moves, laser beam eyes, frost-breath, etc.

I highly doubt they'd do something quite so on the nose, and it's probably why we never got an APP with both laser beam eyes and frost breath.

Being too lazy to go back reading thru the pages of prior posts: (chuckle)

Air Blast / Control-  example possibilities;

Wind Blades

Air Hammer / Wind Ball

Downdraft

Dust Devils (multiple small tornadoes for AoE light damage and To Hit Debuff)

Vacuum (dmg and sleep)

Air Lance or Drill

Wind Chill

Humidity Control

Implosion 

I know we got Storm type sets but those are more weather than simply air type manipulation and some can cross propagate...

Would also be cool to see an Optic (eye) based Power set someday too. :) 

• Like 1

I put this in Suggestion and Feedback while back, but I still think it is a good idea, just needs some work from others. Would make a interesting Goldside EAT.

Mimicry

T1: Borrow Melee attack - Scan a melee AT and borrow an attack  for 15 minutes

T2: Borrow Ranged attack - Scan a Ranged AT and borrow an attack for 15 minutes

T3: Refresh - Clock start over for your borrowed powers

T4: Borrow Ranged attack - Scan a ranged AT and borrow an attack for 30 minutes

T5: Borrow Melee attack - Scan a melee AT and borrow an attack for 30 minutes

T6: Duplicate - Copy all the primary  powers of any blaster or scrapper

T7: Permanence - Keep all your borrowed powers for good

T8: Wipe - Get rid of all your borrowed powers

T9: TBD - Teleport to an ally and borrow a random attack power

Mimicry Defence

T1: Borrow Defence  - Borrow a defence power for 15 minutes

T2: Borrow Damage Resistance - Borrow a damage resistance power for 15 minutes

T3: Borrow Taunt - Borrow a taunt aura for 15 minutes

T4: Borrow Damage Resistance - Borrow a damage resistance power for 30 minutes

T5: Borrow Defence - Borrow a defence power for 30 minutes

T6: Refresh - Clock start over for your borrowed powers

T7: Permanence - Keep all your borrowed powers for good

T8: Wipe - Get rid of all your borrowed powers

T9: TBD - Teleport to an ally and borrow a random defence power

Thinking on it...

L;ight-based powers as a counter to all the Dark melees, blasts, and what have you.  Yeah, there's Energy or Rad, but this wouldn't have all the stupid knockdowns.  Its just holy light that does energy/fire damage, maybe returns back buffs or a minor heal as its special trait.

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

Panda Roll Travel power. (imagine that with whirlwind)

I have very simple needs.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Well, given my name lol. I would love to see a list of like 20 powers in a powerset that you can mix and match to simulate magic spells. BY THE HOARY HOSTS OF HOGGOTH!, By the mists of Paragon and the will of Enchantica! let it be SO!OIP.jpg.a16a2c80ffd7eb3c9b49159650b25052.jpg

11 minutes ago, Enchantica said:

Well, given my name lol. I would love to see a list of like 20 powers in a powerset that you can mix and match to simulate magic spells. BY THE HOARY HOSTS OF HOGGOTH!, By the mists of Paragon and the will of Enchantica! let it be SO!OIP.jpg.a16a2c80ffd7eb3c9b49159650b25052.jpg

BY THE HAIRY BEARD OF HAGRID!

I should not have said that!

I should not have said that!

• Like 1

So...by now, most of us have seen the mini-me costume, where you spend 250 prismatics to get a toggle/costume of a miniature of your character...sort of. I think the head and cape stay the same size, but everything else seems to get smaller. 

I think it would be quite amusing for a teammate to pick up a mini-me teammate and throw them into the npcs for some sort of unspecified damage type. 

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 3/21/2024 at 1:50 AM, Ejlertson said:

Not necessarily a new power, but the ability to have a Staff to cast powers from as a Blaster/Def/Cor/Con would be awesome.  

Definitely would like to see Power Customization options for Fire, Electric, Dark, Ice, etc. for the blasts to come from a wand or staff or talisman or even sword or dagger, for magic types, or a gun, power gauntlet or handheld gadget for the Captain Cold / Heatwave / Iron Man types.  

The Star Trek looking tech that appear in your hand when you use the Medicine Pool powers would be a cool example, but applied to all sorts of powers, for the hero who derives their powers from technology, and other activation options could exist, like a Tank or Scrapper who drinks a magical elixir or casts a spell or injects themself with a super-serum to activate a defense power.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ukase said:

So...by now, most of us have seen the mini-me costume, where you spend 250 prismatics to get a toggle/costume of a miniature of your character...sort of. I think the head and cape stay the same size, but everything else seems to get smaller. 

I think it would be quite amusing for a teammate to pick up a mini-me teammate and throw them into the npcs for some sort of unspecified damage type. 

Red Caps throw a mini-me who stabs your eyes out.  We should have that!

• Like 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

*** Apologies if listed already, lots of posts to look through ***

Air / Wind

Blasts, Blades, Whirlwinds, Holds, DoT's, etc.

Energy

Not a redo of Energy, something more along the lines of force and/or lasers, etc.  NO KB!

Command of Animals / Insects / Aquatic Creatures

[ Pet Archetypes ]

Birds, Bees, Bears, Fish, Dolpins, Sea Horses, etc.

Body Manipulation

Giant Growth, Shrinking, Elasticity, Shapeshifting, Cloning / Duplication, etc.

Light

Light stuff!

Healing Offense

Using healing offensively.

Necromancy

Absorb life, life stealing, holds, etc.

Reflection

Reflecting attacks or back at attackers.

Magnetism

Use objects to cause damage, holds, etc., (small objects used)

Gravity

Increase or decrease gravity for dmg, holds, etc.

Edited by Champ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later

more sentinel specific powers, instead of assault rifle I would like an arsenal set. For those who want to "gun fu"

LmpwZw

Edit: forgot to mention but a mix up for a MM or maybe even controller > turrets, non traditional stationary minions, huge damage, staying power, that sort of thing

Edited by Ashford

• 1 month later

A super power I would also love is to be able to deliver a hefty, visible V sign to vanquished or departing foes, especially Rikti as they retreat from their invasions with their proverbial tails between their legs.

I know it's different for our American cousins but ,like god, I am an Englishman and I uphold our noble traditions by maintaining positive Anglo-Saxon gesturism.

https://www.oxfordreference.com/display/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803120300620

Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs dies aged 84 | Daily Star

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

Shapeshifting:  Take the forms of the different S.T.A.R.T. vendor travel powers (panther, wolf) + different creature types from the game (Spirit Panthers, Lions, Wotans, Hawks, ect.) and each power in the set changes you into one of these things, which in turn gives you different melee attacks and defense/resist modifiers, movement types/speed boosts, etc.  Like Beast Boy or Changeling from DC.

55 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I want a boomerang powerset. 

I like this idea, too.  I feel like the various shuriken powers could be mated to new animations and repurposed for a set like this.

I'm all about using existing powers, animations, and game models by mixing them in new ways, to add more power sets in the game.  Seems like it would be less work than trying to build completely new things from the ground up (not that I'm opposed to the latter, but I recognize that the Devs have lives outside of the game).

• Like 1

Staff Blast

A blaster set that uses Staves and Wands, like the Nemesis Staff is used at the moment. 

- It doesn't suit only magic origin characters, but also others, for example: there are already Vanguard techno-"mages".

- Choice of staff/wand costume parts.

It could be implemented in several ways.

I have previously pondered the feasibility of an overhaul to powersets that would involve choosing a visual source for your power effects (hand, pistol, wand, etc) at character creation. That would make this suggestion moot, but considering that it will never happen, I propose the following.

Either;

• One powerset with lots of different damage types on different powers, or
  • One powerset per damage type. This could take for years and years and thus is much less feasible, or
  • Switchable damage types via a power like the Dual Pistols damage type power, "Swap Ammo". The downside to this, I suspect, is sound effects, which I don't think can change?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.