Focused Feedback: New Player Experience (NPE) Improvements

8 hours ago, Laucianna said:

So two things I noticed when making a Kheldian:

If Kheldians are getting their roles defined in the diversity bonus, would it not make sense to add PeaceBringer to Melee Damage and WarShade to Crowd Control sections? Because at the moment both are just tanks and range damage.

Also the numbers used make PeaceBringers just seem worse the Arachnos Solider in 4/6 ways and the same in survivability and ranged damage.

- Lauci x

I would say the opposite is true. Fix it in the Role Diverstiy screen. A lot is just incorrect in that screen.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Cyclone Jack said:

Mids is great, I use it all the time, but I feel that the Power Description page for the powers is fine.  Why?  Because the numbers are already available in a nice, clean Power Details window, available for every power.  There is no need to dump all of that into a basic description of a power.

I would suggest allowing the player the ability to view the Power Details of powers they have not yet unlocked.  If I'm L10, let me right-click on a L12 or L20 power and view the details.

Good idea overall but, even with a tutorial message that'll be forgotten in a few minutes, Damage Scale doesn't really mean anything; I've been playing since 2004 and I've never used Damage Scale in any conversation.  If you're going to show numbers, just show the base damage of the power at that level.

But, the problem with showing 1 or 2 numbers, is that then people will then want all of the numbers, which will absolutely clutter the Power Description.  That's why we have a Power Details screen.

I was operating on the assumption that the power description text is static text and designed in a way that it *can't* show level-scaled damage figures.

Other posters have already noted that the in-game power details window is often misleading, inaccurate, or simply information overload.  Either way, I'm not married to Damage Scale as a unit either; *any* consistent unit is fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Global: @Reiska, both here and back on live.

I was Erika Shimomura and Nagare Yuki on Virtue during the Live era.

Now I play on Everlasting. 🙂

Ok. Is this the right place to put feedback on Exploration Badges now award Patrol XP?

Can we have Patrol XP be a trackable combat attribute with the usual color change if it's at max?

And also, that Patrol XP has been rewarded in our logs (Good point Yuro)

Edited by lemming

On 1/26/2024 at 10:42 PM, Booper said:

Access to Travel

• New characters will automatically start with Athletic Run (players can swap this out at P2W for another version).
  • Passport (and Long Range Teleporter) is now unlocked by acquiring any 10 exploration badges, instead of one exploration accolade. This doesn't affect characters who already own Long Range Teleporter, and the Pocket D unlock method is still present.
    • Note: For technical reasons, this only counts exploration badges collected after the patch.
  • New characters are given 30 minutes of the P2W Jet Pack when training to level 2. The description informs players how to get more.

I want to add that I think it is VERY IMPORTANT that somewhere along the way, probably in the SAME description that tells you how to get more Jet Packs you should ALSO be told about Travel Powers, and how they are stronger than the p2w versions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I want to add that I think it is VERY IMPORTANT that somewhere along the way, probably in the SAME description that tells you how to get more Jet Packs you should ALSO be told about Travel Powers, and how they are stronger than the p2w versions.

An extended tutorial, even it it just info dumps information on you, would be a good idea for some of the suggestions in this thread.  Trying to do too much at the beginning is going to overload players, but pacing it out would help a lot.

I'd like to see:

Pool Powers in general are poorly explained, imo.  I think I'd like to see the pool powers added to the regular power screen.  Right now the right side of that screen is just blank, with a button way up at the top, and I think that can be confusing.  Either add the pool powers to that screen, greyed out and blank, or maybe add four buttons that say "Choose a pool power!" or something, just so there's a more obvious thing to click so players will be encouraged to explore the pool power menu.  A more general explanation (part of some extended tutorial) of pool powers, what they do, and how they work would re-enforce this.

I'm not sure where I'd put this tutorial.  I'd say add it to Twinshot's second arc, but I don't know how many players actually complete that arc.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a pop up telling me Twinshot wants to talk to me again, and I think I frequently blow past it with out realizing it's available.  Some NPC with a pop-up would be preferable.

This maybe addressed already if so I apologize but thread is 11 pages long now.

Suggestion, make this button bigger!

button2.jpg.a5d6e4068997f13cfbf65f77d492f750.jpg 

\

Make it a big enough button to have a name on top of it.  "Difficulty Settings" is probably to big but something to draw there attention to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Minor things I noticed:

-The screenshots for selecting a Mastermind show only one pet in both senses of the term.  It only showcases one type of powerset--Robotics.  On top of this, it only shows the Assault Bot.  Having at least one of the screenshots showing multiple Henchmen would be a better showcase of the AT.

-While START looks better as a store name than P2W, the START vendor doesn't seem to mention what the acronym means.

-Saw something that's probably more of a typo but I felt was worth bringing up.  When you go to the Atlas Mutation contact, Prince Kiros Nandelu, he says in his mission offer, "A group of gangsters has taken over an abandoned office in one of my old neighborhoods. It's probably the Hellions. They're always looking to take over new territory in their ongoing war with the Skulls. Will you put a stop to the gang activity in that office? You may have heard that before I joined GIFT, Genetic Investigation and Facilitation, I was in a gang. I used my mutant powers to take whatever I could grab. I'd like to prevent these youngsters from making the same mistake."  But this is a copy/paste from Antonio Nash's old text when he was the Atlas Mutation contact.  Nandelu originally said, "A gang of youths has taken over an abandoned office building in the area. Sources say it is probably the Hellions. Will you put a stop to the gang activity in that office? Some of these young people may still be able to reform their lives."

Edited by ZamuelNow
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/1/2024 at 11:48 PM, The Curator said:

Pay 2 Win (and Transact 4 Victory) have rebranded as S.T.A.R.T.

An important element of writing (even patch notes) is to define acronyms the first time they are presented, so as to eliminate confusion.

4 hours ago, ZamuelNow said:

While START looks better as a store name than P2W, the START vendor doesn't seem to mention what the acronym means.

Case in point!

Pretty much guaranteed that the community is going to keep using "P2W" and confusing new players. It's going to be "Ancillary Powers" all over again because people hate change and this is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1. Special Transmissions for Advancement and Retention of Treasures
  2. Superior Trading and Resource Transfer
  3. Strategic Tools and Rewards Terminal
  4. Specialized Trader for Advancements and Role-playing Tools
  5. Superior Tactics for Advancement and Rapid Triumph
  6. System for Trading and Releasing Treasures
  7. Skilful Transformation and Reward Transactions
  8. Sequential Tool for Accumulating and Releasing Treasures
  9. Superlative Trading for Advanced Role-playing Technology
  10. Synchronised Tactician for Accruing and Releasing Treasures

I like the 3rd one but mix and match can be done with these ten.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sovera said:
  1. Special Transmissions for Advancement and Retention of Treasures
  2. Superior Trading and Resource Transfer
  3. Strategic Tools and Rewards Terminal
  4. Specialized Trader for Advancements and Role-playing Tools
  5. Superior Tactics for Advancement and Rapid Triumph
  6. System for Trading and Releasing Treasures
  7. Skilful Transformation and Reward Transactions
  8. Sequential Tool for Accumulating and Releasing Treasures
  9. Superlative Trading for Advanced Role-playing Technology
  10. Synchronised Tactician for Accruing and Releasing Treasures

I like the 3rd one but mix and match can be done with these ten.

I can't help but think of this:

"What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for, Agent Ward?"

"Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division."

"And what does that mean to you?"

"It means that someone really wanted our initials to spell out SHIELD."

😜

• Haha 8

• City Council
5 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

An important element of writing (even patch notes) is to define acronyms the first time they are presented, so as to eliminate confusion.

We have defined the acronym internally - but we also aren't married to our own option and wanted to see guesses from the community. You might come up with something better!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

So we're actually doing a backronym for S.T.A.R.T.? Okay, few ideas below:

Superpower Technology And Resource Trader

Super Training And Resource Tools
Selling Temporary Auxiliary Restrictive Toolkits
Switching The Acronym for Recent Testers
Supplementary Tools for Ability Refinement Trader

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

Like the name change. I'll start thinking of possible acronym for it. So far I have.

Supe's Temporary Abilities and Resources Trader

This is assume Supe isn't trademarked. If it is maybe us Super's or some other S word that can be replaced with players.

Edited by SaxyGuitar

Super Teams Accelerated Resources and Training

...thanks to ChatGPT.

• Like 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

Going with the concept of immersion, the ELITE office for Atlas Park seems a little empty.  It stands out compared to the other offices that have things that represent their origin as opposed Natural getting nothing.  I don't know if there's room for suggestions but I do have a few small ideas if so.  Susan Davies left as is for easy accessibility for players who are given her as contact after Outbreak.  Derek Amberson could be in front of a training dummy practicing martial arts or swordplay.  On the opposite wall where Rachel Torres is could have a poster ranging from a conspiracy board with connecting strings or a map of the city with her rotated so she's looking at it.  This would be a suggestion to try to be on theme but keep characters coordinates the same.  More could be done if willing to change their locations but I figure that might break things and take more time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ranagrande said:

You should make S.T.A.R.T. stand for something different in each location.

Hero - Superpower Technology And Resource Trader ( I like this one best from my post above)

Villain - Shameless Trafficker of Arachnos Reserve Tactics

Praetoria - I can't come up with anything that starts with START that fits Praetoria. Additionally, I liked that it had a different but similar name altogether (Transact 4 Victory), so I propose calling their vendors:

P.O.W.E.R. - Praetorian Operational Warfare Equipment Requisitions 

Alternatively Praetorian OverWatch Equipment Requisitions if you want to keep the no war/utopia in Praetoria lore point 

Edited by Lockely
Added Praetoria options
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

Out doing some testing of exploration tips - are you supposed to randomly get additional tips when out picking up Exploration badges?  (This was not the one you get for finding your second Exploration badge.)

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)