What would you say to trash talk each enemy group?

The Lost guys with TVs on their heads: Do you get anything but the ugly channel?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

14 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Tsoo: My sidekick could kick your butt? (Big Trouble in Little China reference)

Warriors: Come out and playyyeee! (Warriors movie reference)

Freakshow: Radio shack wants their parts back!

Are any of the enemies we fight old enough to get these references? I mean, how long ago did Radio Shack stop selling electronics?

Edit: I suppose Nemesis and Lord Recluse might be old enough.

Edited by Major_Decoy
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Are any of the enemies we fight old enough to get these references? I mean, how long ago did Radio Shack stop selling electronics?

Edit: I suppose Nemesis and Lord Recluse might be old enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RadioShack

In February 2015, after years of management crises, poor worker relations, diminished revenue, and 11 consecutive quarterly losses, RadioShack was delisted from the New York Stock Exchange and subsequently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

You know the "Warriors" are just a bunch of copycats from the movie, so of course they have watched it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RadioShack

In February 2015, after years of management crises, poor worker relations, diminished revenue, and 11 consecutive quarterly losses, RadioShack was delisted from the New York Stock Exchange and subsequently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Yeah, but they'd switched over to selling mostly phone type stuff and out of electronic components before then. Johnny Five would have died in a 2014 Radio Shack.

Edit: After doing a duck-duck-go search for "Warriors" I cannot see any connection between the guys in the game and stills from the movie. I mean, I guess some of them wear headbands?

Edited by Major_Decoy
  • Confused 1

Hellions: "All this for devil worship, really? Can't you just play Dungeons and Dragons like normal people?"

Skulls: "Hey, my emotionally insecure teenage neice called, she wants her aesthetic back."

Vhazilok: "I don't care how you dress it up, they're still just zombies; stop pretending you're clever!"

Arachnos: "The thing with a Darwinian anarco-autocracy is lack of dental insurance; allow me to demonstrate why that's about to be a problem for you."

Council: "What, no mummies?"

Sky Raiders: "Is all this because someone took 'I beleive I Can Fly' too litterally?"

The Lost: "Look, just tell me where you want to go and I'll teleport you there, there's no reason for all this!"

Outcasts: "HEEEEYYYY-YAAAAHH, Heeeyyy yaaah!"

Trolls: "U mad?"

Maybe more later.

Edited by EmperorSteele
Wording
  • Haha 6

Gaia Redeemer, being a reincarnating warrior who has been fighting since ‘mutant origin’ meant ‘Neanderthal’ would probably insult enemies like this…

Warriors: *Angry Ancient Greek noises*

Tsoo: *Angry Vietnamese noises*

Fifth Column: *Angry German noises*

Council: *Angry Italian noises*

Circle of Thorns: *Angry Oranbegan noises*

Tuatha De Dannan/Fir Bolg: *Angry Irish Gaelic noises*

Red Caps: *Angry Scots Gaelic noises*

Arachnos Mu: *Cancelled Oranbegan noises*

Arachnos: "Good luck not tying yourselves up with that web of madness!"

5th Column: "This isn't WW2 anymore, so stop acting like it is."

Circle of Thorns: "Demon worship? I thought you'd be sharper than that."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

n February 2015, after years of management crises, poor worker relations, diminished revenue, and 11 consecutive quarterly losses, RadioShack was delisted from the New York Stock Exchange and subsequently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

What irks me is, if they had stuck to their remit and not tried to become Mall Circuit City, they could have been the favorite store of the Maker movement! What a waste...

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Freakshow: Give it up you Decepticon never-will-be's! 

Tsoo: Okay...enough with the Naruto chunni routine you losers.

Warriors: The Fonz will always be cooler than you muscle-brained rejects.

5th Column / Council: You call yourselves ubermensch? More like uber-morons if you ask me.

Lost: I'm not sure if you idiots are trying to cosplay the THING or the Melting Man but you for sure got the ugly right.

Sky Raiders: No matter how much you pretend to be a Sky Captain...you won't be in the world of tomorrow.

Circle of Thorns: *sings "I ain't got no body!" mockingly*

Banished Pantheon: Unfortunately for you deadheads I shop smart at S-Mart! *sound of chainsaw revving up*

Arachnos: Strung along fodder and shoddy second rate machinery...you guys are an insult to arachnids.

Family: Oi! Last century fashion disaster...the only thing good about that suit is the stripes won't be outta place in the Zig.

Skulls: As dumb as you idiots are you should just call yourselves Boneheads. 

Hellions: Oh save me! save me! The cute little fire monkeys are gonna sic a daemon on me...*derisive mocking*

Rikti: You be scarier if you went the chest burster route rather than the ugly mental case route. 

Devouring Earth: Sticks and stones? Talk about your Lovecraft let downs. Pathetic. 

Snakes: Thanks for showing up! I was needing a new jacket and pair of boots!

Clockwork: Oh look...the tinker toy rejects finally showed up! 

Syndicate: You bozos are nothing more than corporate crooks without a politician to back. Mental...the lot of ya. 

Destroyers: Temper temper....tantrums will only get your spanked. Though from the looks of how y'all dress that might excite some of ya. *ewwww*

Carnival: So which of you clowns feels daring cause I feel like making you fly  through the air with the greatest of ease!

Nemesis: Nice uniforms...let me teach ya why they're circa Napolean Blown-a-part!

Edited by Go0gleplex
  • Like 1

Often with the 5th Column I would say "Master Race, more like Smashed Your Face."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

The one thing no one ever comments on about the Carnival is that they really smell bad. Worse than most Vahz, even.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 3/5/2024 at 12:36 AM, DoctorDitko said:

What irks me is, if they had stuck to their remit and not tried to become Mall Circuit City, they could have been the favorite store of the Maker movement! What a waste...

I did project work for RS/Tandy over the years. They were a strange, strange, strange company from the top down.

Not really evil, like Nemesis. Just sort of walk-into-walls stupid, like Clockwork.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 3/4/2024 at 6:02 AM, Marshal_General said:

My cop character, Minimum Force, uses her all purpose standard battle cry for everyone.

"Halt! You are in violation of being stupid in a No Stupid Zone."

Please tell me you hit Dr. Aeon with that one on a MLTF.  He'd get so mad at you, and probably start incoherently sputtering.

• Like 1