Any teaser what is being worked on?

Folks check in here from time to time to see if there is anything new.

We know teams are doing things behind the scenes.. it could be nice if we had some general notice of what is being considered, debated, or retooled.

With many thanks, congratulations, and acknowledgement of the epic path of successes, we sheepishly ask 'what-cha-doin?'.

I for one enjoy even a cryptic peak behind the curtain.

For those not on discord discussions, an occasional summary could be nice...

anything..

the hunger grows..

• Like 4
  • Microphone 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I don't disagree, it would be nice (we're all at least a little curious, aren't we?) although I can imagine why they might be reluctant to do that, given that whatever they are working on, people will probably gripe loudly because they will feel that they are working on the wrong things, or doing it the wrong way, or not working fast enough, etc.

As the old saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished.  😝

I only think about this topic maybe daily…. 

• Haha 2

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

• Game Master
Posted (edited)

I predict there will be stuff that people love, and things that people hate.  And that these stuff and things will be on open beta SoonTM.  

And finally, that when these things and stuff do get revealed that I will spend hours refocusing the focused feedback threads.  😔

Edited by GM_GooglyMoogly
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Microphone 1

42 minutes ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

And finally, that when these things and stuff do get revealed that I will spend hours refocusing the focused feedback threads.  😔

I'll try to remember that. 😁

Danger3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

16 hours ago, Troo said:

Folks check in here from time to time to see if there is anything new.

We know teams are doing things behind the scenes.. it could be nice if we had some general notice of what is being considered, debated, or retooled..

Nice, maybe. Practical, no.

"Hey, in a sort of pre-alpha we're thinking about doing this, but it might not even make it to beta" becomes "KFC bucket blast was PROMISED!" so...

Yeah. 'Til it gets to open beta (and even not then, always) it's best to just wait.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, Greycat said:

Nice, maybe. Practical, no.

You can say that about any public/community relations exercise. These forums themselves are nice but impractical.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

People could always just get in on the Gold Standard discord, then they’d always know what’s being worked on 🤷🏾‍♂️

Assuming thats fair to say

• Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

20 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

🌊 🐮

Water Cows?

Tidal Cows??

Wet Livestock?

Swell Hearding??

Waving Bulls?

image.gif.400230f778b095bad3ee6af1ca984371.gif

SURFING BOVINES!!!??

I NEVER KNEW THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE EVER WANTED!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Per my above comment, these are the two clues that have been publicly stated. 

🌊 🐮

Sirenia!

1024px-Sirenia_Diversity.jpg

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

31 minutes ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

I might get in trouble for posting this, but the people have a right to know!

Hide contents

4842f5b0f320f6835b266c49a2fa47ef.jpg

spiderman mind blown.gif

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

On 6/17/2024 at 4:30 PM, Seed22 said:

People could always just get in on the Gold Standard discord, then they’d always know what’s being worked on 🤷🏾‍♂️

Assuming thats fair to say

I can't stress this enough.

If you're interested in what's being worked on and would like to have a good opportunity for input, then joining the Gold Standard Testers group is the best thing you can do. The group doesn't bite, it's friendly and filled with knowledgeable people that want the game to succeed.

There's no cost to people to join, and it's a pretty easy process that takes a couple days at most to get all the necessary permissions to actually test stuff out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I can't stress this enough.

If you're interested in what's being worked on and would like to have a good opportunity for input, then joining the Gold Standard Testers group is the best thing you can do. The group doesn't bite, it's friendly and filled with knowledgeable people that want the game to succeed.

There's no cost to people to join, and it's a pretty easy process that takes a couple days at most to get all the necessary permissions to actually test stuff out.

IF you can get on it. I tried to apply and got no response.