The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Patch Notes for July 23rd, 2024 - Issue 28, Page 1

Yippee!

Edit: Minor stuff!

Badge Art for Protector of Paragon City and Deep Strike Agent are the same:

image.png.7b711b630a65137079c96e53dd005596.png

Should be:

• badge_streetcrime_PNG.png.1aac60d2e532c5c27d2f75a87de818f2.png 'Protector of Paragon City / Traitor to Paragon City'
  • badge_i28_accolade_strikeforce_commander.png.9e0bd7ac57a9bb233607638b709ab24f.png  'Strike Force Commander / Deep Strike Agent'

Time Bound Artificer Dialog error on number 6:

image.png.3c0d32b460f1db0ccb556f46f145b508.png

It should say 15 minutes, per the patch notes:

Many Floors & Corridors!

• The raid zone begins with the labyrinth's entrance lobby.
    • Reviving at the hospital while in this zone will return you to the entrance lobby.
    • Idle players are returned to the Midnighter Club after 15 minutes of inactivity.

When running 'Only Love Can Hurt Like this' - Ashling Corlett (Level 41-49) via Ouroboros, the flash back Level shifts the player to Level 44 instead of Level 49 (the max Level range of the story arc). See image below:

image.png.2c9ec875ad6891624cc68fd2a7e67201.png

Also, is this an @Widower reference or...? 

image.png.266832ec7213238a4ebecd4c4d609276.png

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let the waves of saltwater from Marine Affinity wash over the salty masses as they enter The Labyrinth of Fog... and get slaughtered.

• Thumbs Up 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

• Developer
58 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Badge Art for Protector of Paragon City and Deep Strike Agent are the same:

image.png.7b711b630a65137079c96e53dd005596.png

Should be:

• badge_streetcrime_PNG.png.1aac60d2e532c5c27d2f75a87de818f2.png 'Protector of Paragon City / Traitor to Paragon City'
  • badge_i28_accolade_strikeforce_commander.png.9e0bd7ac57a9bb233607638b709ab24f.png  'Strike Force Commander / Deep Strike Agent'

Caught this, should be fixed in the next update, weird nonsense happened on the back end!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

image.png.d5183e29ae9cd7ea7ca0a7531e4bf84b.png

Wow, that was fast!

Beta Issue 28, Page 1! We hardly knew ye!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Americas Angel said:

Big congrats to the team.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and eye laser everything.

DITTO ಠ_ಠ======

but, also hey...no more INF macro? 

Miscellaneous

• Remove /emailsend, /emailsendattachment, /gmailclaim, and /gmailreturn slash commands.

I made a post about it in Suggestions/Feedback

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/52984-sending-yourself-inf-after-issue-28-an-open-question/

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Pure Sunlight | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Persephone Yin | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem | Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Sandweave | Jetfuel | Plasmahead | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Danger Dancer | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage | Star Huntress | Kat Huntress | Violet Vycanthys | Edge Witch | :.

5 hours ago, Americas Angel said:

Big congrats to the team.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and eye laser everything.

Anyone have a video of the laser eye beams change? 

Energy Mastery:

• Laser Beam Sweep alt animation/fx for Energy Torrent (only applies to versions of Energy Mastery with Laser Beam Eyes).

Now that this code had been cracked, are we going to see eye-beam alt animations for Beam Rifle soon?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 1

So, regarding the Labyrinth, the only issue I ran into was when fighting the minotaur after the league did a certain amount of damage to him, we ( I presume all of us) were prompted to join the minotaur in some arena, and after acceptance, it seemed like every 10 seconds or so, I was asked again. I kept saying yes, because I wasn't sure if it was some easy way out if we didn't feel like we were making a dent. 

Other than that - folks who didn't visit brainstorm have tons of questions. I had some answers and shared what I knew, as did others. But I am certain there will be more questions to come from other folks who didn't/don't read. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ukase said:

Other than that - folks who didn't visit brainstorm have tons of questions. I had some answers and shared what I knew, as did others. But I am certain there will be more questions to come from other folks who didn't/don't read. 

The Labyrinth is a great proof of concept for anecdotal evidence of just how few casuals read Patch Notes at all.  It's very funny. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

Hi, could not get into testing because real world blah blah blah so was a bit stuck when I went into the Foggy TF (Trial?) just to see and could not fnd anyway to quit out of it.

Asked in Help and got the “wait afk for 15 mins” or “zone out” answers. Used the Oro portal and yes I arrived in Oro without the Foggy stuff.

Is this WAP with no select type “Quit” option? I also got a few “I was also caught until zoned in desperation” replies.

Cheers

PS edit to clarify it is a Raid Zone!

Edited by Jacktar
  • Haha 1

I don't see any big difference in Laser Beam Eyes. Am I just blinded by the light?

• Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

9 hours ago, Jacktar said:

Hi, could not get into testing because real world blah blah blah so was a bit stuck when I went into the Foggy TF (Trial?) just to see and could not fnd anyway to quit out of it.

Asked in Help and got the “wait afk for 15 mins” or “zone out” answers. Used the Oro portal and yes I arrived in Oro without the Foggy stuff.

Is this WAP with no select type “Quit” option? I also got a few “I was also caught until zoned in desperation” replies.

Cheers

PS edit to clarify it is a Raid Zone!

There is an exitl in the lobby gets you back to the Midnight Club.

While in the Labyrinth, the power "Escape from the Fog" gets you back to the lobby.  (Or if you fall, hospital puts you back in the lobby)

2 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I don't see any big difference in Laser Beam Eyes. Am I just blinded by the light?

I didn't see it at first either but the change is to Energy Torrent.  IF you have Laser Beam Eyes you have the option to customize Energy Torrent to Bright/Dark Laser Sweep.

image.thumb.png.d0185dc30f760e7418d9d15c0ff1a942.png

• Thanks 2

Very fun raid experience. 👍 Found the Mapserver room with help of a team mate.  Found the mote at the end of the maze by reading the inspiration, with another team mate, though going to say this WHEN! someone TPs to me / my location from the team/league and I've used one of those the benefit of the inspiration disappears and can't' be found and then, I have to then cancel the inspiration and use a new one for the benefit to reappear again.  That had to happen twice to finally understand what was happening with it.  Thank you for putting in the servers with the names in the Mapserver room that was touching and a nice homage. 💗

One of our league mates on Excelsior was found by the Minotaur - however as soon as we all tp'd to that person and fought for a little bit the Minotaur ran away.  I followed it up a rampway (yellow) in an elevator (green) it came out the elevator went back in the same elevator (came out orange) and then it ran though a doorway and then into a large group (another league) and started fighting that league.  The league I was on TP'd to me and then both leagues took him down I chose the inspiration reward at the end and had the arena confirmation pop up before the end of the fight.  I did not get a badge for that.  Was I supposed to?

I liked finding the motes and I liked clicking all the side doors in the caves and falling like Alice into another zone.  Good job development team it was good fun last night playing this.  Unfortunately I left the zone to go buy a Minotaur costume because of some door and didn't know it would wipe my motes *I was one away, after that I had to go snooze. 

Those baddies tho. I hadn't done a final build on my main but will need to at this point. 

Edited by Zappalina
  • Thumbs Up 1

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

In the patch notes, the description of Shifting Tides has the text "...and provide you and your allies a stacking Rising Tide buff that increases ToHit, Damage, and Recharge time."

Unless this power slows the recharge of you and your allies, this description should be "Recharge speed", not "Recharge time" -- increasing recharge time is not a buff.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Did Tide Pool finally get a proper animation before this went live?

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Can we please get Marine Affinity Dark Water Only Customization fixed on Tide Pool and Barrier Reef options, they are using bright water effect while Dark Customization works fine as intended. 

Spoiler

8fFF2vU.png

Spoiler

5UO9SBl.png

Spoiler

KW4xCdA.png

Spoiler

7UOz8Rp.png

Edited by robobl4de

Can you please remove the tp on whitecap, really ruins the power when you don't want it to be tp'ing you constantly, especially for classes that the majority play at as ranged, especially given that the set itself boosts range making it even more practical to play with a ranged playstyle. Or at the very least give a no-tp alternate option for the power, but its just really dumb having it there on mainly ranged classes on a support set that also even has it's main heal as a cone that doesn't really work in melee either. Just really terrible synergy and again, really bad on generally ranged ATs for it to force you to tp into the mob.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

31 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Can you please remove the tp on whitecap, really ruins the power when you don't want it to be tp'ing you constantly, especially for classes that the majority play at as ranged, especially given that the set itself boosts range making it even more practical to play with a ranged playstyle. Or at the very least give a no-tp alternate option for the power, but its just really dumb having it there on mainly ranged classes on a support set that also even has it's main heal as a cone that doesn't really work in melee either. Just really terrible synergy and again, really bad on generally ranged ATs for it to force you to tp into the mob.

Whitecap doesn’t immobilize you after the teleport or anything like that. If you genuinely think the set must be played at range, you are 100% free to jump backwards right after casting Whitecap. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1