Wait... no Super Strength for Scrappers?

Omnicron

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Maybe not but he does use explosive batarangs that leave people covered in rubble nonetheless. More to the point Spider-Man is more of a scrapper and he does have super strength, even punched the Hulk into orbit once with the Power Cosmic boosting him.

With the Power Cosmic, Aunt May could punch the Hulk into orbit. 

Spider-Man is 25 ton on the Marvel strength scale. That puts him ahead of the average Eternal (15 tons) and on par with Man-Beast and Armadillo and slightly behind Loki (30 tons).

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I'm honestly not opposed to having sets for stalkers with a couple changes to fit in an AS (maybe call it Sucker Punch?) and a placate to make it fall in line . Even making an Blaster Secondary or Domi Secondary could be interesting, as tons of characters across every publisher have varying degrees of super strength. We have Blaster Blapper builds already what's one more?

I'd like to see the retention of some uniqueness among the archetypes.

I like the fact that comic books were historically very stark in their delineation.

I'm not a fan of the "everything is a grey area" 

I brought up super strength about blasters ... but I known in Seismic on test they can throw boulders at this point and summon meteors, so I guess we are sort of heading that way anyway.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

Spider-Man is 25 ton on the Marvel strength scale. That puts him ahead of the average Eternal (15 tons) and on par with Man-Beast and Armadillo and slightly behind Loki (30 tons).

ZOMG! You're not going to tell us his strength without giving us his full FASERIP stats, are you?

IIRC, Spider-Man's strength is either Incredible (40) or Amazing (50).

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

16 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

ZOMG! You're not going to tell us his strength without giving us his full FASERIP stats, are you?

Don't own a copy of it, but by the magic of Google I can confirm Spidey's strength was Incredible. So too Armadillo. By comparison Loki was Amazing. So similar scaling there.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

F RM

A AM

S IN

E IN

R EX

I GD

P IN

There you go!

It's from the Marvel Super Heroes RPG from the 80's.

Fighting

Agility

Strength

Endurance

Reason

Intuition

Psyche

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

It was incredible in that game

Fighting remarkable

Agility amazing

Strength incredible 

Dont remember the others. 

Back then he supposedly could only lift 10 tons though.  Marvel has power creep peoblems too. 

25 tons still would have been incredible though, Amazing was the province of the 50 ton lifters.  Which there were a lot of.  Rogue, She Hulk, Doc Sampson, Vision.  

It was a weird system since Remarkable Strength (1 ton) did 30 damage.  While Amazing Strength did 50 damage.  Decidedly non linear.  

Those stats never seem to matter except in the Marvel Universe Stat Guides though. Comic book authors ignored them  completely.

You would often see Spider Man struggle to lift things that weighed a lot less than 10 tons.  Meenwhile Luke Cage who is supposed to be comprable never seems to lift anything.  Or Hulk would lift things far in excess of his supposedly normal angry strength level with no coment made.

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

You would often see Spider Man struggle to lift things that weighed a lot less than 10 tons.  Meenwhile Luke Cage who is supposed to be comprable never seems to lift anything.  Or Hulk would lift things far in excess of his supposedly normal angry strength level with no coment made.

While their strength was comparable in the 70s, Cage has be upped to be at 50 tons currently. 

Of course in the comics strength varies as needed by the storyteller and raw strength does not necessarily win as Spider-Man has shown he can take down Juggernaut and strengthwise Spider-Man does not come remotely close.

6 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Still one of my favorite Spidey moments....

How the heck did he beat Firelord and Masterson Thor ? - Spider-Man - Comic  Vine

How the heck did he beat Firelord and Masterson Thor ? - Spider-Man - Comic  Vine

No cosmic buffage... just Spidey getting pissed enough to take out a herald of Galactus.

That was right after the same Herald had beat up the Thing without even working up a sweat.

3 hours ago, BrandX said:

I'd say there's also the fact that the writers don't seem to know just how much weight is going into things.  50 ton range...even 100 ton range...they think that's enough to stop a moving train or stop a commercial jet from failing.

Its like the Supergirl show.   Everyone who has super strength is ahown able to go toe to toe in a fight, at leaat for a time.

Even though Supergirl is shown lifting an entire mountain prison complex thing.  

Edited by Haijinx

48 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

That was right after the same Herald had beat up the Thing without even working up a sweat.

Isn't Spidey wearing a venom symbiote in the above comic though? I would think that Spiderman's strength would be enhanced because of venom and maybe this comic was even hinting that this was the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Haijinx said:

It was incredible in that game

Fighting remarkable

Agility amazing

Strength incredible 

Dont remember the others. 

Back then he supposedly could only lift 10 tons though.  Marvel has power creep peoblems too. 

25 tons still would have been incredible though, Amazing was the province of the 50 ton lifters.  Which there were a lot of.  Rogue, She Hulk, Doc Sampson, Vision.  

It was a weird system since Remarkable Strength (1 ton) did 30 damage.  While Amazing Strength did 50 damage.  Decidedly non linear.  

Those stats never seem to matter except in the Marvel Universe Stat Guides though. Comic book authors ignored them  completely.

Well, FASERIP had a colored chart.  Spidey's baseline Strength was Incredible (10 tons), but with a yellow feat roll he could push that into the 50 ton range, representing a massive, all-out focused effort.

You're right, of course, that the writers mostly ignored the stats of the RPG, but many of the powers/stats (STR, at least) in the RPG were probably derived from the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe Comics that starting coming out in the early 80's.  I always felt the RPG stats were reasonably accurate, in most cases, based on the abilities of the characters during that era.

18 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

No cosmic buffage... just Spidey getting pissed enough to take out a herald of Galactus.

Not sure how to post pics without cluttering up my small hard drives storage, so for the sake of my sanity, I'll post the thread I saw in Quora, complete with scans.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-Spider-Mans-greatest-feats-of-strength

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gwyrddu said:

Isn't Spidey wearing a venom symbiote in the above comic though? I would think that Spiderman's strength would be enhanced because of venom and maybe this comic was even hinting that this was the case.

Symbiote yes, he had just gotten it around that time 

The Symbiote and eventually Venom storyline would come later.  Originally the next Symbiote host was a massive body builder.  Him lifting weights a lot was specifically shown. 

There were no mention in any of the books I read at the time that the symbiote increased his strength.   There was an effort though to portray Spidey as a much more capable fighter than in earlier works.   He had fought the entire Xman team to a standstill (not beating them but fighting his way past them) a few months prior to that when they were "conspiring" away from the group during the Super Secret Wars.    

7 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

Well, FASERIP had a colored chart.  Spidey's baseline Strength was Incredible (10 tons), but with a yellow feat roll he could push that into the 50 ton range, representing a massive, all-out focused effort.

You're right, of course, that the writers mostly ignored the stats of the RPG, but many of the powers/stats (STR, at least) in the RPG were probably derived from the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe Comics that starting coming out in the early 80's.  I always felt the RPG stats were reasonably accurate, in most cases, based on the abilities of the characters during that era.

Yeah.  I think they were lifted wholesale based on the Marvel Comic Handbooks also. 

Back then my friends and I specifically preferred Marvel over DC, one of the reasons is they Heroes had more defined limitations, and the power level was a bit more reasonable.  In hindsight though, that is pretty funny.   

1 minute ago, BrandX said:

When Doc Oc became Spider-Man, by taking over Parker's body (Calling himself The Superior Spider-Man), Doc Oc came to realize just how much Spider-Man holds back his strength.  Even MCU put Spider-Man into at least 40 ton range I believe.

SMDH

Another writer's excuse for more power creep.   

Hated that whole story line though, lol. 

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

SMDH

Another writer's excuse for more power creep.   

Hated that whole story line though, lol. 

Same.  Didn't want to support it, just because I was worried it'd become something permanent.  Had me give up Spider-Man comics for quite awhile with that storyline.  Same as OMD.  Same as Miles Morales.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:45 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

More of a feat of Super Reflexes than Super Strength, though, isn't it? He clearly just popped Elude.

Edited by Vanden
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later

I mean have you seen ANIME there are characters with hulk strength and are martial artists, don't get me started on Chinese comics they are kung fu masters with SUPER strength in their Manhua, I think its a western culture of comics that says only numbskull can lift 100 tons, and don't get me started on this guy below who's a martial artist scrapper with SS. so i think it's safe to say that other countries define super strength a lot different then we do I believe super strength for scrappers would be AMAZING. Jiren (244) – FiGPiN

Edited by MIGHTYMOUSE1981

Stronger looking Female Aesthetic and stance {Let's make this happen}

Superhuman Assault (Super Strength port for Dominators idea)

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33605-superhuman-assault-super-strength-port-for-dominators-idea/

• 1 month later