End drain build

You

I was wondering about how viable will an elec/mental blaster be for end-draining.

Doing short-circuit then drain-psyche to put a 30 sec of -recovery to keep their endurance empty.

The problem with end drain is that if you don’t drain all the way and keep them drained you did nothing. If mobs can resist end drain they nullify your entire concept. So, is end-drain viable at 50?

Electric/whateveryouwant controller or dom.

Nothing will ever have endurance again, period.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

my elec/elec tank drains quite well. And opposite to the other recommendations, she can actually stand inside mobs all the time without getting slaughtered to actually drain end to rock bottom.

My Ele/Rad controller will challenge you to a "sitting in the mobs without dying" competition :p

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Electric/whateveryouwant controller or dom.

Nothing will ever have endurance again, period.

Electric/Poison, to add in the -1000% Recovery debuff from Poison Gas Trap. Finally get some use out of that otherwise useless debuff :p

Back in Live I built up my Elec/Storm Corruptor specifically for endurance drain.  I got my Short Circuit up to a point where I was draining half the endurance of the average boss, then went Mu Mastery with Power Sink to drain the other half, and slotted the Deflated Ego proc into Hurricane so I could further debuff their recovery.  Finally, I got the Musculature Radial Paragon alpha slot ability because it does literally everything an Elec/Storm character could ever want, including EndMod for even more draining.  If you want to go way overboard, go with Gravitic Interface.  I didn't feel the need at that point, so I went with Reactive.

All told, it was pretty obnoxious and shockingly (hah) effective at shutting down tough foes.

Kin electric defender. Its weakish until transference but short circuit with endmod and recharge combined with siphon speed hasten and transfusion/transference will get the job done. Have to be careful with targetring to make sure you got the right boss or LT.

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

Ice/Electric Tanker here, I drain pretty dang well.

As mentioned above, drain works, but only at 100% drained.  Which is kind of a bummer.  It does make a difference, you can absolutely see drained foes skipping their attacks, but not as much as it maybe should.

Kin electric defender. Its weakish until transference but short circuit with endmod and recharge combined with siphon speed hasten and transfusion/transference will get the job done. Have to be careful with targetring to make sure you got the right boss or LT.

Kin/elec was my main on live. I rerolled to Elec/kin controller, and honestly see no reason to go back.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Do you have an archetype preference? Electric powers is an obvious choice. Less obvious is looking at defender Powers such as EMP, EMP Arrow, Transference, Lightning Storm...all have AoE endurance drain. You can pair that with Power Boost from Soul Mastery to turn each of those into double drain.

But pretty much anything with Electric Blast (Short Circuit, Ball Lightning, Thunderous Blast each can hit 16 targets) should be enough to sap enemies of their endurance.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I'm really happy for folks making END drain work for them. I've always wanted to make that happen. I've made several variations over the years and never once have I been able to SOLO kill END on anything other than one target. AoE -END as damage mitigation has always required someone else to help.

The big problem isn't just the challenge of zero END, but just how little END the mobs need for their attacks. They attack so slowly and their attacks take so little END that they appear to have zero END but are still able to attack. The mechanics of how they are built make END not really an issue for them.

In PvP it can be quite ugly (again that's largely one-on-one).

Now, the -RECOVERY is great but can't be slotted so you have to figure out where that is and how to make sure it is there when you need it.

Don't expect a mobs toggles to ever drop. Doesn't work that way, they don't have them. And don't expect it to help vs AVs. Though I seem to remember dropping Babbage out of END one time with my El/El blaster and help from a Kin Defender. That was a long time ago so I don't know of GMs are still built the same way.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

I should know this, but I don't.

If you put the Performance Shifter proc into an offensive power, what does it do when it activates?

Going off memory, but I think it is a 1.5PPM proc, so it would work like any other PPM proc. Based on recharge of the power and the type of power it is, there is a probability of proc that can be calculated, and that probability is applied to every target it hits. If you have a power in mind, I can give you an idea of the probability.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

I do not have the numbers in front of me but I'd also suggest Kin/Elec defender.  Defenders get some very nice end drain numbers, for example transfusion can completely drain anything short of an EB with a single cast.  My melee defender just went ham with the entire idea, full end mod in every power that supported it, the Alpha slot that does End mod, the judgement that did end mod, Epic pools that give me more end mod, the interface that does end drain.

I find I can make an EB miss maybe 60-80% of it's attacks which is pretty nice actually.  This build can also give a good amount of -neg recovery in short circuit, ball lightning, power sink from the epic pool, Thunderous blast, Ionic Judgement, heck even small amounts from the fighting pool if your going that way.  Most Kin powers also drain some end so if your spamming you can keep hitting them down.

If you put the Performance Shifter proc into an offensive power, what does it do when it activates?

Going off memory, but I think it is a 1.5PPM proc, so it would work like any other PPM proc. Based on recharge of the power and the type of power it is, there is a probability of proc that can be calculated, and that probability is applied to every target it hits. If you have a power in mind, I can give you an idea of the probability.

So it has a chance to provide +end to the mobs it hits?  Or to you?  Or something else?

Who run Bartertown?

There are two specific powers I know of that are good for sapping. 

In the Electric Control set (Dominatiors and Controllers) there is Conductive Aura.  Out of the box it drains 10 endurance every 2 seconds PBAoE and accepts endurance modification enhancements.  Which means you can be draining 18 to 20 endurance every 2 seconds properly enhanced.  Since it's a toggle, it is very good at keeping an enemy drained once they're drained.

The second is Short Circuit from the Electric Blast set.  (That means Blasters, Defenders, Corruptors and Sentinels can use it.)  Out of the box, it does 35 endurance damage on a 20s cooldown PBAoE.  It also accepts endurance mod, which can push it up to draining 64-70 endurance per hit. In addition it accepts recharge, so you can fire it off every 11-8 seconds with depending on your investment in recharge enhancement and the Hasten power.

In comparison, everything else I've discovered is either too weak, or too slow.  For example Electric Armor's Power Sink has a good 40 base endurance drain, but a recharge of 60 seconds.  Electric Armor's Lightning Field drains endurance every 2 seconds, but has a base 3 endurance damage, making it significantly slower than Conductive Aura.  The ranged crowd also can get Power Sink from Mu Mastery, but this version has only a base 35 endurance damage and a 120s recharge.

It doesn't seem that your archetype's base stats will affect endurance drain or recovery from powers, so your choice of Archetype should match your preferences.  Defenders, Corruptors, and Controllers can do very well surviving until the enemy is drained using a Radiation, Dark Miasma, or Time defense set.  Blasters and Dominators will be at higher risk in the beginning of a fight, but relatively safe once the opponents are properly drained.

I don't have a full build for you, but this should help a bit get started on one.

So it has a chance to provide +end to the mobs it hits?  Or to you?  Or something else?

To you.

Conductive Aura is the answer imo.

That basically means that you are a Dom or Controller in Electric Control.  Add in the pets draining a bit, and that is about all you need.  You can add Electric fences and/or Jolt but they are mainly unnecessary vs anything short of an EB.

End Drain becomes something that just 'happens' when you wade into a fight.  You can focus your active play on other aspects such as damage, control or support while also providing passive soft control after 7-10 seconds. 

I managed to completely end drain an EB using my Elec/Elec Stalker.

Just using Power Sink a couple times plus hitting it a lot.

My Elec/Elec Dominator is amazing at drawing the end out of things.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I'm really happy for folks making END drain work for them. I've always wanted to make that happen. I've made several variations over the years and never once have I been able to SOLO kill END on anything other than one target. AoE -END as damage mitigation has always required someone else to help.

The big problem isn't just the challenge of zero END, but just how little END the mobs need for their attacks. They attack so slowly and their attacks take so little END that they appear to have zero END but are still able to attack. The mechanics of how they are built make END not really an issue for them.

In PvP it can be quite ugly (again that's largely one-on-one).

Now, the -RECOVERY is great but can't be slotted so you have to figure out where that is and how to make sure it is there when you need it.

Don't expect a mobs toggles to ever drop. Doesn't work that way, they don't have them. And don't expect it to help vs AVs. Though I seem to remember dropping Babbage out of END one time with my El/El blaster and help from a Kin Defender. That was a long time ago so I don't know of GMs are still built the same way.

I've detoggled bad guys.  End drain to zero is great for getting rid of that dang Hurricane on Sorcerers for example.  You're right in saying that it doesn't seem that foes need more than one END to use their powers, and I sure wish that wasn't the case, but you can definitely see the difference when they're sitting at zero and standing there placidly waiting to get something back.  That poor minotaur at the end of the alpha slot quest chain didn't attack me any more than five times as I whittled him down. 

In terms of good powers don't overlook Ice Armor's Energy Absorption.  Three slotted with END MOD level 25 IO's it's pulling ~75% of the endurance from 10 foes in a PBAoE circle around me.  Follow that with Electric Fences (AoE immobilize and end drain for ~28%).  That's a hefty chunk of foes fully drained in two attacks with a 100% Recovery debuff, a buff to my Defense, filling up my END bar, and immobilizing the bad guys.  And of course there's Ball Lightning, Havoc Punch, Chain Induction, and Charged Brawl that all drain END as well (Tanker Ice/Electric with Mu Elite Pool).

You can't count on endurance drain as a primary source of mitigation, there are foes out there that it won't even scratch.  But it's not a bad tool to have in the toolbox, especially when it's probably a secondary effect on powers you're going to be casting anyway.

I used Emp/Elec on live, and here.  Right now, even with just Efficacy Adapter and Performance shifter, and slotting everything with EndMod, I can drain most EBs relatively easily.  Combine that with Tesla cage, and Whatever the hold is from Electric Mastery, and I can drain as well as hold most EBs.  Usually i can solo EBs that con up to red to me.  Well, not really SOLO, since I can't put out enough damage to actually KILL the things, but I can stand there all day.  :)  I would assume any of the more damage focused ATs with Electric could drain as well as damage them.  Teaming with my wife's Radiation Blaster, most things are pretty simple to take out.  I absolutely love setting up as a sapper.