This will take some getting used to.

Heraclea

Like what it does to posted videos.  But what happened to the AT specific forums (Blaster, Tanker etc.)?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• City Council
4 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

Like what it does to posted videos.  But what happened to the AT specific forums (Blaster, Tanker etc.)?

These will be visible in a few moments.

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Can anyone tell me how to get a code editor rather than a WYSIWYG editor? I want to do some editing on my guides to get rid of the extra spaces the conversion included, but if I copy and paste stuff into Emacs it loses the formatting. I need to be able to see and paste stuff with the BBcode intact.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

19 minutes ago, Robotech_Master said:

Can anyone tell me how to get a code editor rather than a WYSIWYG editor? I want to do some editing on my guides to get rid of the extra spaces the conversion included, but if I copy and paste stuff into Emacs it loses the formatting. I need to be able to see and paste stuff with the BBcode intact.

You can't.  Invision Power decided that WYSIWYG is "the one true way" and removed the BBC code editor in version 4.  See here.

2 hours ago, Robotech_Master said:

What you can do is copy the text then there will be an option to paste it as plain text. That should remove the formatting.  There's also a button for CODE as well. 

Also the desktop version of the editor has more editor buttons but the admins can change the editor toolbar and add in some missing buttons. 

Edited by Alty

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

Well, it looks sleek, sure.  Jury is still out on functionality.

EDIT: another +1 in favor, there - you CAN still use BBC tags for bold, italic, etc, and the forum translates them properly when you post.

Edited by PaxArcana
more info

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

• City Council
3 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

Well, it looks sleek, sure.  Jury is still out on functionality.

EDIT: another +1 in favor, there - you CAN still use BBC tags for bold, italic, etc, and the forum translates them properly when you post.

The forum can parse and translate BBCode, it is just not possible to continue using BBCode to maintain a post unless you keep a copy of the BBCode source somewhere else as when it is posted it up it is translated one-way.

• Like 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Well, you can still add to it with BBCode (I did, above, just now).

Just, I suppose if you want to change the spelling (etc) of a word you've italicised or whatever, you have to delete the whole word and type it, and the BBCode, all over again.  A bit of an extra hoop to jump through, but overall not too bad IMO.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I like it! 

Now, how about the damn off-topic forum so we can talk about things like Comic Con news! I need like minded people who aren't all insane to talk about Marvel movies, Star Trek and Doctor Who! :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coin said:

I like it! 

Now, how about the damn off-topic forum so we can talk about things like Comic Con news! I need like minded people who aren't all insane to talk about Marvel movies, Star Trek and Doctor Who! :D

Also, this ^^^^

• Like 1
I'm out.

14 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

I'm kind of liking the newer color scheme, it's a little bit easier on the eyes since it's slightly darker.

I'm sure for you it is.  As you've said in the past you spend a great deal of time on these forums.

However, it lacks visual differentiations between posts that the previous ones had for more quickly seeing threads.    The current scheme blends in to where its just a sea of azure and white only. 

But I'm sure your satisfaction on these things will remain for the foreseeable future.  Again its just a shame.

11 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

I'm sure for you it is.  As you've said in the past you spend a great deal of time on these forums.

However, it lacks visual differentiations between posts that the previous ones had for more quickly seeing threads.    The current scheme blends in to where its just a sea of azure and white only. 

But I'm sure your satisfaction on these things will remain for the foreseeable future.  Again its just a shame.

No shame.

Shame implies guilt and wrong-doing.

What has been done here is not shameful, even if it 'disappoints'.

It's a frickin' Internet forum color scheme, not a sin against humanity.

Fine, you don't like the changes.

Trying to literally make the HC team feel _shame_ or any other negative emotion over changes they felt like making on thier servers is BS.

If you don't like the format, use one of the many plug-ins for browsers that alter interfaces, not passive-aggressive guilt.