I For One, Welcome Our New Forum Overlord....

Shinobu

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

7 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.

I was voting to have you ousted. Β  Guess I was overruled by the new overlords. Β They probably picked wisely... Welcome back everyone. Β I really like that we have a mobile format, since that’s where I do 80% of my postingΒ  Edited by justicebeliever

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Β 

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

13 hours ago, justicebeliever said:

Β They probably picked wisely...Β 

Not if I have anything to say about it!Β 

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

Just for clarity, how does one earn Reputation/"The Artist Formerly Known as Inf"? I thought it would be the Like/Reaction button, but doesn't seem to be the case.

• Like 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus PerformersΒ |Β TelepathyΒ |Β Symphonic Inspiration
OldΒ Powerset Suggestions:Β Β Probability DistortionΒ | MagnetismΒ | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to die.Β https://twitter.com/trickshootah

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well, I thought it'd be the little green cross under your name, but that seem to just take you to the person's profile. Maybe reputation giving is turned off right now, and they just transferred the old karma from the SMF boards as a starting point before turning it on here?

• Thanks 1
I'm out.

5 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well, I thought it'd be the little green cross under your name, but that seem to just take you to the person's profile. Maybe reputation giving is turned off right now, and they just transferred the old karma from the SMF boards as a starting point before turning it on here?

Hm... mine just went up 1, so maybe it IS the Like button, but only when you give a Like? I tested earlier giving someone a Thanks and that didn't seem to change it. Or maybe there's just a delay.

Edited by Trickshooter
i have the dumb

OldΒ Powerset Suggestions:Β Β Probability DistortionΒ | MagnetismΒ | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to die.Β https://twitter.com/trickshootah

I'll tell you one thing, I sure as heck am NOT digging this:

Β 

image.png.de62e9742f107a8a890aadf7a4093b9a.png

I think the addition of reactions is a FANTASTIC addition to our forum community. It let's people "say" something quickly without having to actually make a post. Limiting this is a hindrance, I think.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
I'm out.

1 minute ago, Vanden said:

Yeah, what's that about? Maybe something about the new software making it impossible to set up new game accounts?

I do SecDevOps for a living, I am wondering the same.

It sounds like the lever they use to make accounts cannot be tickled by the new forum code...as in it is not 'allowed' to execute the script or something like that.

Could be backgroud reasons, but this seems to be the big one.

Would be happy to help, but I think they have a lot of cooks in the kitchen...

• City Council
20 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

I do SecDevOps for a living, I am wondering the same.

It sounds like the lever they use to make accounts cannot be tickled by the new forum code...as in it is not 'allowed' to execute the script or something like that.

Could be backgroud reasons, but this seems to be the big one.

Would be happy to help, but I think they have a lot of cooks in the kitchen...

The account system is actually working totally fine; the problem is actually that emails aren't getting sent out for new forums accounts which I haven't fixed yet because there is a high likelyhood that we'll be migrating back to SMF today and we'd rather not allow new accounts until a decision is made.

Cipher

City Council

Β 

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Β 

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

4 minutes ago, Cipher said:

The account system is actually working totally fine; the problem is actually that emails aren't getting sent out for new forums accounts which I haven't fixed yet because there is a high likelyhood that we'll be migrating back to SMF today and we'd rather not allow new accounts until a decision is made.

Cool.

That makes it sound more like a product choice than a technical issue. πŸ™‚Β 

• City Council
2 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

Cool.

That makes it sound more like a product choice than a technical issue. πŸ™‚Β 

Yep, that's exactly what we're deciding on at the moment; there are a lot of factors to consider so we'll be talking about it and taking action ASAP.

Cipher

City Council

Β 

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Β 

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

There are serious technical issues with SMF 2.0.Β  The most serious are that it uses an old, seriously outdated password hashing function, it has very low spam protection, doesn't support two-factor authentication outside of the box, and doesn't recognize IPv6 at all when more and more of the Internet is moving to it as IPv4 is at a dead-end.Β  Then there's the issue with newer versions of PHP in that it only works up to version 7.1, which reaches the end of life in just five months.

I strongly, strongly recommend that if y'all decide to revert to SMF, please use SMF 2.1 RC 2 because at some point soon, y'all will have to move away from SMF 2.0.

21 hours ago, Shinobu said:

Β 

Have you Browsed the Leaderboard yet?Β  ^_^Β  Apparently The PhiloticΒ KnightΒ is winning by a landslide!

Β 

...winning what, I have no idea.Β  πŸ˜„Β  Influence and Infamy I'd suppose...

He ain't called Post Kount for nuttin'!

I haven't figured out how to update your forum picture...anyone else crack the code?Β  Clearly it may not matter in the slightest...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Β 

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

2 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

I haven't figured out how to update your forum picture...anyone else crack the code?Β  Clearly it may not matter in the slightest...

Β