Okay Hotshot: aDOORable

aDOORable  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Where Is My Talos Island Mission Obviously Located?

• A: THAT Warehouse!
    • B: THOSE Offices!
    • C: The STUPID Island Cave
    • D: Oh God. SKYWAY!!??

It’s the office building at night, surround by the Banished Pantheon and some Tsoo that I couldn’t see skulking around.  Died once getting in the mission door.

And crap.. it’s a 2 part mission, with the 2nd part at a cave, on the other side of the freaking map...

I knew I should have taken a travel power by now...damnit...how did the forums say I could skip a mission?!?!

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Most of the time it's the offices.  Only had the island cave like, once or twice.

Why are those islands even there?  For what purpose, map man?  The buildings in the southeast corner I can understand because around here there's a bunch of office complexes that were built, to wit, in bumfuck parts of the terrain with the most obscure roads leading to them, so that's kind of realistic.  But these are tiny islands with a single emergency phone.  The Circle of Thorns isn't going to use them!  They're still using crossbows, for god's sake.

• Like 1

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

1 minute ago, Zumberge said:

But these are tiny islands with a single emergency phone.  The Circle of Thorns isn't going to use them!  They're still using crossbows, for god's sake.

The CoT still let their victims have one last phone call before they steal their soul

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

The pizza run/fedex missions that drag you around the map for no other purpose than to waste time (and make you wish you had a different travel power) still exist, and can be ridden.  They're tedious, but they're more a nuisance than a crisis.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

51 minutes ago, GM Fiddleback said:

Do the old phone missions still exist at all?  I dunno.  Who does them?

Gotta run the original story arcs to get them. Wheel of Destruction has it, and the monster of a contact has the gall to say “you’ve been working hard, so here’s and easy one for you! Patrol I.P. for Family!”  

You monster. I still only have Ninja Run!

Door is Manhole on upper level of Freeway in Skyway, Surrounded by Purple Bosses.

Part 2 in a Blue Cave in the middle of Perez Park.

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

11 hours ago, GM Fiddleback said:

Do the old phone missions still exist at all?  I dunno.  Who does them?

ZOMG!!!! I did one just the other day!

Had completely forgotten about them of course so it took me far longer than it should have to realize what was going on since, at first, I thought that the navigational system was being wonky again.

And yes, I'm actually weird enough that it was honestly kinda fun!

Point is though that everyone's got some weird thing or another that just tickles them absolutely pink. I mean, this is the game with The Saga of Null The Gull after all, so I have officially surrendered any question of why something is in the game llooooonnnnngggggg ago (probably around the time of the candlelight vigils iirc LOL),

Just to show that there's no hard feelings though, here, have a shrubbery. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go finish the I.P.E.C.A.C. tutorial. No one else ever seems to get that one but I always seem to think it's funnier than heck for some unknowable reason.

But, again, as I mentioned: I'm weird. 😄

Edited by Dallayna
grammer
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, n00baka said:

Gotta run the original story arcs to get them. Wheel of Destruction has it, and the monster of a contact has the gall to say “you’ve been working hard, so here’s and easy one for you! Patrol I.P. for Family!”  

You monster. I still only have Ninja Run!

I have to say using Sprint with Ninja Run is actually pretty darn good. In addition I have a Celerity+stealth in the Sprint base slot. I also somehow got a temporary jetpack that I use very sparingly. Although now that I think about it I completed a bank Mission from the radio so I think that's how I got it. Good for an hour of game time.

Citadel's task force always strikes me as having the most ridiculous examples of this.  First, to IP,  then to Talos, then to IP, then to Talos, et cetera.....

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Just now, Heraclea said:

Citadel's task force always strikes me as having the most ridiculous examples of this.  First, to IP,  then to Talos, then to IP, then to Talos, et cetera.....

It’s better than when it took us to Dark Astoria for Vandal.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 minute ago, Heraclea said:

And yet somehow, they seem like all the same place, right?

I pulled up a tip that I had gotten in Talos, and it sent me to...Atlas Park. Of course, I was level 49 at the time. I just like to run my tip missions in Talos because I've been sent to IP a couple of times, from PI. It's just easier to do Talos to IP than PI to IP. Unless, of course, you have an Oro Portal handy. However, getting back to PI can be a hassle. So, Talos is my main tip mission headquarters. I refuse to do tips missions in IP. It would invariably send me from the north end of the zone to the south, then back to the north end...like I need the exercise or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twisted Toon said:

I pulled up a tip that I had gotten in Talos, and it sent me to...Atlas Park. Of course, I was level 49 at the time. I just like to run my tip missions in Talos because I've been sent to IP a couple of times, from PI. It's just easier to do Talos to IP than PI to IP. Unless, of course, you have an Oro Portal handy. However, getting back to PI can be a hassle. So, Talos is my main tip mission headquarters. I refuse to do tips missions in IP. It would invariably send me from the north end of the zone to the south, then back to the north end...like I need the exercise or something.

Tip: you can use the LFG teleporter to get to Atlas, Talos, or PI really easily. The "Descent to the Hydra" Trial is in Atlas, the Citadel TF is in Talos, and Terra Volta Respec #3 is in Peregrine. Just select the appropriate TF or trial from the LFG screen, lock to your group, and queue. Boom, you're there.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!