Macros for the Masses(and keybinds too!)

TrexelCat

On 4/28/2021 at 4:35 PM, EnnVee said:

this looks like where I need to post..... kinda long story into a question, here we go

My SG does a monthly in SG costume contest, I have a Character that needs to say certain phrases and then change costumes. Is there a macro string that can be written for each costume change along with each section of her "speech" I have been through this entire thread and I guess I just got overwhelmed by it cause Im more confused now than before I started looking for an answer ........ PLEASE HELP ME ! the costume changes are for slots 1 through 4, 4 being her main look, 1-3 are the speech and looks that require macros for faster changes. If you need more info to help me, please send a PM !

Here are a few specific example macros from the Wiki that sound like they would fit your situation:

/macro cc1 "em none$$cce 0 ccspin$$l Wheeee!"

Clears any emote/combat stance, then changes into costume slot one with the Spin CCE, while saying "Wheeee!" in local chat.

/macro cc2 "em none$$cce 1 cclightning$$l Kablam!"

Clears any emote/combat stance, then changes into costume slot two with the Lightning CCE, while saying "Kablam!" in local chat.

I'm having issues with a particular bind for some reason and wondering if it's just a limitation I was unaware of…

I cannot seem to combine a costume change emote (cce) with loading a bind file (bind_load_file).

The idea is an animal alt which, say, has a wolf and a bird form. When I switch to wolf form, the costume chages, with emote, and the travel power binds to my mouse buttons would switch to Beast Run and Sprint via loading/over-writing the existing binds. When switching to bird form, same idea, only now is hover/fly.

Tried cce, then bind_load_file (using $$ to separate of course), also tried loading first, then emoting. In both cases the first half works, the second half does not. Seems I can emote or load, but not both in a single keystroke?

• 4 months later

I have a question.  I've done a little looking around but haven't had any luck.  Is it possible to set the color of a macro button when you create it?  I know we can use icons, but I'd like to change the color while naming them the way it's normally done.  Thanks!

Was reading this thread.. Seen something on Oil Slick but didn't work.. Figured I would post up what is working 

/macro OIL "target_custom_near oil slick$$powexec_name Apprentice charm"  - It was the Under Score between Oil Slick and Apprentice Charm that was the issue..  You need the Quotes.. 

• 1 month later

So I'm trying to create macros to turn on and off my sprint and ninja run this is what I typed...

/macro M-On "powexec_toggleon Sprint$$powexec_toggleon Ninja Run"

/macro M-Off "powexec_toggleoff Sprint$$powexec_toggleoff Ninja Run"

The M-Off seems to work all the time but the M-On only works on one of the powers but I have to press it again for it to turn the second power on. What am I doing wrong?

• 1 month later
On 11/14/2021 at 9:49 AM, Hardship said:

Macros and binds will only allow one power to be executed per button push, but they will allow multiple powers to be turned off with one button push. If you hit the M-On macro a second time, it should toggle on the second power.

I think you can get around this by using a bind that activates a power when you press key and does something else when you release that key.

3 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I think you can get around this by using a bind that activates a power when you press key and does something else when you release that key.

That, and several other techniques.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• 1 month later

Is there another way to list current zone in a macro or bind?

Im looking to create a macro that will call out giant monsters in the current channel that will include coordinates and zone. Having trouble getting the zone part to actually work. $whereami doesn't seem to actually show in the channel.

This is what I have so far.

/macroimage "MunitionsMastery_Surveillance" "GMs Location" s Hey! $target is at $loc in $whereami! Come get some!"

EX: Hey! Bababge is at [xx.x xx.x -xxx.xx] in Boomtown! Come get some!

Edited by insome1

• 4 months later

Coming back in from a long time gone, and discovered an issue with my keybinds. One of my characters has the F key bound like this:

F "powexec_toggleon Fly$$powexec_toggleon Hover"

In the past, one press would give me Hover. A second would give me Fly, with Hover turned off because the two are mutually exclusive. Now a second press gives me both Fly and Hover activated. Is this a change in the game, or has something changed with the commands?

6 hours ago, Justice Blues said:

Coming back in from a long time gone, and discovered an issue with my keybinds. One of my characters has the F key bound like this:

F "powexec_toggleon Fly$$powexec_toggleon Hover"

In the past, one press would give me Hover. A second would give me Fly, with Hover turned off because the two are mutually exclusive. Now a second press gives me both Fly and Hover activated. Is this a change in the game, or has something changed with the commands?

Hi, yes, this is a change in the game. They are no longer mutually exclusive. Using both powers together gives you the speed of fly with the maneuverability of hover (and of course the endurance drain of both, as well). It's useful for certain situations. I'm afraid I can't help with your keybind, though.

• 3 weeks later

I've been trying to make a bind or macro to use one of the base teleport power to insta-travel to my SG base without clicking it. One-click base portin'!

I've tried things like the one below (and the other prestige/day job powers) but it seems the different base teleportation powers doesn't "work" like other powexec-commands? Do they just have really convoluted unknown names? I mean they do exist on the popmeny that we know as Fast Travel so they should be able to be added to macros and binds?

If I understand things correct I should also change the order of them because things execute backwards? But in the log it first says the power doesn't exist, then that it can't use the passcode without (being close to) a portal

/macro_image "Veteran_TeleportBase" "Base Tp" "Supergroup_Portal$$Enterbasefrompasscode PASSCODE-196"

Edit: I got this working: /macro_image "Veteran_TeleportBase" "Base Tp" "Powexec_location Me Monitor Duty Teleporter$$Enterbasefrompasscode PASSCODE-196"  but I have to double click the macro. Still beats moving the mouse about or having a second macro/bind. Seems I was too eager to put under scores in the powers?

Also works for powers that doesn't spawn a portal: /macro_image "Veteran_TeleportBase" "Base Tp" "Powexec_name Base Transporter$$Enterbasefrompasscode PASSCODE-12531"

Edited by HairyLou

Helpful hint:

You can do PowExecLocation commands with numerical values
For example, I use /bind p PowExecLocation 0:5 Portable Workbench

The fiirst number can be between -359 and 359 and represents the location relative to where you are facing (90 or -270 is to your right, -90 or 270 is to your left).
The second number is distance. (having a non-zero value can prevent some issues with getting stuck)

Another way this can be used is to combat teleport a set distance (near max range) from your target.
/bind j PowExecLocation Target Combat Teleport
/bind k PowExecLocation 180:-60 Combat Teleport

This allows you to Jump into melee combat and Kick back to ranged combat.

I also like to bind number keys on summons. This allows you to see the timer while having a one-touch execution of the summon...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• 5 months later
1 hour ago, theeasy said:

Long bump but if could maybe get some help...? I'm trying to create a macro to switch costumes and use a power. Preferably with that power's icon.

Specifically, Cryo Ammunition and my third costume slot.

/macro ice "powexec_name Cryo_Ammunition$$cc 2"

powexec_name powername - triggers a power with name powername

I had to fiddle with it to figure out the power name as it didn't take the first time for some reason

cc # - switches to a costume slot.

first costume slot is 0 so the third costume slot is 2 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Just thought I'd post this here.

If you switch computers/monitors regularly

/bind home "ChatLoad$$WdwLoad$$OptionLoad"

So, when you set up a new monitor you can go/ChatSave$$WdwSave$$OptionSave and then whenever you change monitors simply hit the "Home" button.

You can add filename to each command to preserve character-specific settings.

Edited by Zepp

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• 7 months later
On 6/27/2022 at 1:03 AM, HairyLou said:

I've been trying to make a bind or macro to use one of the base teleport power to insta-travel to my SG base without clicking it. One-click base portin'!

I believe it works with the P2W base teleporter, but no other. As you have it in the first example, just the other 'porter. One click and away you go.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• 2 months later

I'm sure someone covered this already... but I'm a noob so I'll post it again.

(All credit goes to Belicia for teaching me how.  :)
If you want a macro for posting mob coordinates in whatever chat channel you're in:

/macro X s $target @ $loc

Edited by Uden
Cos.

Was wonderin if there is a bind that would turn off 2 powers and then turn them back on when clicked again?

I skimmed through the first page and didn't see anything. However, there are 7 pages of text that I have no clue

as to what it means.

I have read that macros won't do this so I'm hopin a Key Bind will.

I want a bind to turn on sprint and athletic run and able to turn them off.

Thanks

@Etched

35 minutes ago, Etched said:

Was wonderin if there is a bind that would turn off 2 powers and then turn them back on when clicked again?

I skimmed through the first page and didn't see anything. However, there are 7 pages of text that I have no clue

as to what it means.

I have read that macros won't do this so I'm hopin a Key Bind will.

I want a bind to turn on sprint and athletic run and able to turn them off.

Thanks

@Etched

First, macros and keybinds are about 99% identical and use the same command strings to accomplish their function. About the only significant difference is that binds allow a few subtleties, such as activating one string on press and another on release. I think too many players become macro-centric and try to use click-buttons for commands that need to be activated quickly and frequently, but there's a place for both.

You will find pretty much everything you're looking for, from the very basics and theory to finished bind/macros, in the Guide linked in my sig.