Vet levels after maxing Incarnates?

Also, don't forget that you'll still get emp merits every three levels up until .... level 100 I think?  And emp merits can be turned into reward merits at a rate of 20 reward merits for each emp merit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marijuanaut | Man of Granite | Xuku

In addition to those practical reasons, there's the joy of continuing to play a favored character, who if you have managed to get to 50, fully incarnated and IOd out, you must have some affection for and getting to continue to play brings you some kind of satisfaction.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ed_anger said:

You can make multiple incarnates per slot and switch then out as you like. So swap pets, nukes, see what bonuses benefit you the most, etc

Definitely this.  Back in the day, I had four powers for my Destiny slot that I could choose between for high level content.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Don't ever spend your Emp merits on anything but Incarnate Rare and Very Rare's. Reason is you can send the Emp merits to your alts to help them out. Considering they slow down in the pace that you get them, even for a farmer it is still a finite commodity meaning save your Emp merits for when you really need them. 

19 hours ago, Moonshades said:

In addition to those practical reasons, there's the joy of continuing to play a favored character, who if you have managed to get to 50, fully incarnated and IOd out, you must have some affection for and getting to continue to play brings you some kind of satisfaction.

Really I was asking in the context of, should I turn exp off once I max Incarnates? I'm still going to play him regardless. I don't care about badges and I doubt I'll change any of my Incarnates now, but I guess Emp Merits are worthwhile.

4 hours ago, TungstenShark said:

Really I was asking in the context of, should I turn exp off once I max Incarnates? I'm still going to play him regardless. I don't care about badges and I doubt I'll change any of my Incarnates now, but I guess Emp Merits are worthwhile.

Personally i aim to get to vet lvl 100 for a nice round # (100 just seems so much better than 99) and then turn off xp for good and double my influ.

On pure farm toons I honestly dont care about my vet lvls at all so turn off xp right after getting tier 4 on important incarnate powers. If its something i dont use or has no affect on my farming, I dont bother to tier 4 it at all.

But aside from badges theres really no benefit to grinding vet lvls past 99 in any case. Well, exept for the HUGE epeen factor, of course.

Is that because you need emp merits for the higher tier stuff? And is having xp turned on and gaining vet levels the only way to gain emp merits? That part is not entirely clear to me, but I am approaching tier 3 for incarnate, so would love to clarify this a bit. 

Thank you.

Edited by dmaker

Having just completed the last of my 6 Incarnate T4 powers, I can attest to this personally!  You want those Empyrean merits, and as many of them as you can get!  The fact that you are awarded 20 (?) of them for each three Vet levels achieved is nothing to sneeze at, and without XP turned on, you are missing out on a free bonus/reward for your endeavors.

What was no more, is REBORN!

On 8/7/2019 at 7:00 AM, dude_242 said:

Also, don't forget that you'll still get emp merits every three levels up until .... level 100 I think?  And emp merits can be turned into reward merits at a rate of 20 reward merits for each emp merit.

I think I like this idea, the choosing of a significant number, and mine will be 111.

"Today is my one hundred and eleventh birthday! Alas, eleventy-one years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

• Like 2

On 8/9/2019 at 11:57 AM, Justisaur said:

You can make rare and very rare components from threads, but you need huge piles of them, it's orders of magnitude faster to get them either directly through itrials/da and/or emp merts.

I have a tier 4 Alpha and need 1 component for my tier 3 Judgement to make a tier 4 Judgement. And, I haven't had to use any Emp Merits in the process. I've just been lucky with my rewards from the Heather Townsend arc in Dark Astoria.

6 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

I'm gonna have to visit that place more often!  I did a few missions there last night, and the rewards were very nice!

Her arc is super short and repeatable via Ouro. My first attempt to speed through it took me about 13 minutes. With practice I've heard that can get below ten minutes. Not bad for a guaranteed Emp Merit and a piece of random rarity Incarnate salvage.

On 8/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, SlimPickens said:

Personally i aim to get to vet lvl 100 for a nice round # (100 just seems so much better than 99) and then turn off xp for good and double my influ.

On pure farm toons I honestly dont care about my vet lvls at all so turn off xp right after getting tier 4 on important incarnate powers. If its something i dont use or has no affect on my farming, I dont bother to tier 4 it at all.

But aside from badges theres really no benefit to grinding vet lvls past 99 in any case. Well, exept for the HUGE epeen factor, of course.

Unfortunately if you turn off your XP you don't get double your influence from 50+ content. That only works while you're exemplared, and is a separate setting.

And Empy merits are easy to farm, the first arc of DA gives up to two each run, and with a stealth power or proc it only takes about 15 minutes to clear.

48 minutes ago, Jeagan said:

And Empy merits are easy to farm, the first arc of DA gives up to two each run, and with a stealth power or proc it only takes about 15 minutes to clear.

And if you're on a melee character, you don't even need stealth, just run past enemies, take the hits or kill mobs or eat purples to grab the glowies.  😄

So, I noticed my EMP merits dropped from 20 every three levels to just 10. I'm at work now, so I can't check to see if I'm Vet level 100, but is that why it would drop to just 10? 

I use the EMPs mostly for Winter sets, but if it's just 10 now, I think it would be quicker to just turn off XP and farm for inf. I have yet to run the numbers on efficiency, though.