Jump to content

Incarnate Abilities - What are you using?


remarefka
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a level 50 Invulnerability / Super Strength tank.  Currently I'm using the following incarnate abilities:

 

Alpha - Musculature or Agility

Lore - Drones

Destiny - Ageless or Barrier

Interface - Diamagnetic

Hybrid - Assault

Judgement - Ion

 

I am curious to hear what other people are using and why.

 

Tank you in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My primary Tanker is Dark/Elec.   I use the following:

 

Alpha - Resilient core - brings up my resistance numbers allowing me to focus slotting more on Defense set bonuses and optimal slotting for certain key powers

Lore - Vanguard core - for character backstory purposes, might make a Longbow core here as well to help on some of the higher-end runs

Destiny - Ageless radial - for the DDR, though the endurance is sometimes helpful too.

Interface - Paralytic radial - while degenerative, diamagnetic and reactive are the most popular and for good reason, I prefer something that both plays into my tanking role and is unlikely to be saturated even on large league encounter.    Reactive will saturate almost immediately as the most popular, but sometimes the others will too.   If I did more solo I'd probably opt for diamagnetic

Hybrid- Support core - for the extra Defense and for the endurance 

Judgment - Void radial - similar rationale to Paralytic as it offers -damage to help me tank and doesn't suffer from the target lockout you can get if you inadvertently use Ion right after someone else

 

 

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Heraclea:

 

Alpha - Musculature; damage boosts are always helpful.

Lore - Cimerorans.  May also pick up Talons.  Pure concept reasons. 

Destiny - Barrier (duh) or Clarion (to help teams)

Interface - Cognitive (for the lols)

Hybrid - Melee (seemed the obvious choice)

 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dark/Staff

 

Alpha- Cardiac: end problems of running 10 toggles go away, and provides RES boost to cap most of the typed res numbers.

Lore- Banished radial for the buffs and the untouchable pet that casts aoe and gathers even more aggro over taunt cap.

Destiny- barrier: godmode for a little while and nothing else really was needed. I also have ageless tier 3 to swap out if Im doing content that wants more rech/ability to just spam aoes witout any end worries.

Interface- Degenerative.

Hybrid- melee radial for the def and taunt aura. Anything you go near sticks to you like glue and nothing can taunt them off you. Also caps defs with just a few mobs in range from an already high def base (35%+)

Judgement- Void radial. pbaoe fits my melee scheme and the -50% damage to all mobs hit makes an already insane res set laugh at incoming attacks.

Edited by SlimPickens
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DP/WP Sentinel

Alpha: Musculature Core

Judgement: Mighty Core
Interface: Paralytic T1/Diamagnetic Radial
Lore: Vanguard T1
Destiny: Rebirth T1
Hybrid: Support Genome T1

Still kinda feeling my way through the incarnate system being fresh off my first level 50. My choices are made either thematically or regretfully. I would've liked to test drive most of the choices they offered, but incarnate salvage seems too limited to do so.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shield/StJ

Alpha: Agility for recovery and defense.

 

Judgement: Mighty Radial for concept, and because watching the enemies get knocked into the air is so satisfying.

 

Interface: Degenerative Core for MaxHP debuff.

 

Lore: Longbow Core (She's an ex-Rogue that now gets paid by Longbow to do Hero work)

 

Destiny: Ageless Core for more recovery and recharge.

 

Hybrid: Melee Core for more resist, Assault Radial for more damage, alternate as needed.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't yet have an incarnate tanker on Homecoming but here's what CMA had on Live:

 

Call Me Awesome, Inv/Stone tanker

Alpha - Cardiac - Stone Melee is very end heavy and the resist bonus was useful for non-S/L

Interface - Reactive

Lore - Warworks (Currently I may choose another)

Destiny - Rebirth - Another heal for when Dull Pain was recharging and I was taking too much damage

Hybrid - Assault  (This was my default on all my incarnates since it was the only one that seemed to be beneficial)

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later

SR/Claws (and Claws/SR)

Musculature - More Damage

Degenerative - More Damage

Assault - More Damage

Barrier - Prevents More Incoming Damage

Pyronic - More Damage

Carnies - More Damage + Heal + Buff for More Damage + More Sexy

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Change is often good but if you're losin the OG crowd, you're doin somethin wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My invul/SS main has 2 sets of incarnates, one for solo, one for team (listed once if the same for both)

Alpha: Musculature (damage)/Cardiac (resistance/endurance reduction)

Judgement: Void radial final (-dam, my team build uses Soul APP soul masters for additional  -dam)

Interface: Reactive (75% damage/25% resist)/Degenerative Core for MaxHP debuff. 

Destiny: Ageless Radial Epiphany (+recovery) / Barrier Core Epiphany (when -res/def gets too big)

Omega: Assault Radial Embodiment (more damage) / Melee Core Embodiment (extra regen, extra status protection)

Lore: Banished Pantheon / Cimmereons (though I tend to just use BP)

 

 

Edited by tellania
defined omega used
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have 2 tanks with 6 unlocked incarnate slots.

 

RadArmor/WM:

Alpha - Musculature or Vigor

Lore - Knives or Storm Elemental (just for the funz)

Destiny - Ageless

Interface - Preemptive

Hybrid - Assault

Judgement - Ion

 

IceArmor/Stone:

Alpha - Musculature 

Lore - Vanguard

Destiny - Barrier (overkill?)

Interface - Diamagnetic

Hybrid - Melee

Judgement - Cryonic

  • Indom: Schtick
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Thug Therapist, Tzapt
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damage all the way. Including Reactive instead of Degenerative. The only real important one is Barrier for panic buttons and combating debuffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Sovera said:

Including Reactive instead of Degenerative.

I know you stated why at some point in the past but remind me again? Because more people choose Degen and you going Reactive avoids hitting the Degen stack cap?

Change is often good but if you're losin the OG crowd, you're doin somethin wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I know you stated why at some point in the past but remind me again? Because more people choose Degen and you going Reactive avoids hitting the Degen stack cap?

 

I think its about if someone else has the same Interface Incarnate you still get the benefit from Reactive's higher damage DoT.

Edited by Maxzero
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my Radiation/Titan Weapon:

Alpha: Musculature Radial - Only the Immobilize bonus is unused, and it gives +EndMod
Judgement: Vorpal Radial: 40 Targets, 120ft cone AoE, +def, with a unique targeting mechanic. Great for pulling on MSR
Interface: Reactive Core. Also has Paralytic Radial available. 
Lore: Knives of Vengeance Core - stylish winged ladies ftw
Destiny: Barrier Core - Used more for the team than for myself, it's still nice to "turn off" incoming damage.
Hybrid: Assault Core. I also have Assault Radial, but I don't like that I can't see when doublehit occurs.

 

On my Bio/ War Mace:

Alpha: Agility Radial, for the +defense. I'm not sure this is the best choice.

Judgement: Vorpal Radial: see above, the best pulling judgement in my opinion.

Interface: Paralytic Core for -def
Lore: Banished Pantheon Radial: Ice Monsters were more in theme, and that radial pet is hilarious until he gets "adjusted"
Destiny: Barrier Core - Vital for creating time for debuffs to fall off.
Hybrid: Melee Core for front loaded +Regen and Resistance.

 

On My Super Reflexes/ Claws:

Alpha: Musculature Radial - Damage, End Mod and the Defense Debuff
Judgement: Vorpal Radial: Have you spotted the pattern yet? 🙂
Interface: Degenerative Core. The -HP seems more valuable on Claws 
Lore: Longbow Radial - I wanted the -Regen Bot, and the Warden heals
Destiny: Rebirth Core - I read on the forums that SR/ could use a heal, so here we are 🙂
Hybrid: Assault Core - Again, I'm following the SR/ pioneers here.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I know you stated why at some point in the past but remind me again? Because more people choose Degen and you going Reactive avoids hitting the Degen stack cap?

The -HP effect on mobs with lower HP than AVs/GMs is less felt than the -res + DoT. On a pylon Degen sliiightly edged ahead but on such a small scale it is hard to differentiate from whiffing.

 

And then yes, the matter of stacks reaching max immediately on a full team and only the Dot bringing something. Without a DPS meter I can't say how much the DoT actually brings to the table, but why skip? Musculature 45% is also a 15% damage increase so not much, and Leadership's Assault in the same vein isn't much either. But when all are piled together it starts showing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2020 at 7:15 PM, Sovera said:

The -HP effect on mobs with lower HP than AVs/GMs is less felt than the -res + DoT. On a pylon Degen sliiightly edged ahead but on such a small scale it is hard to differentiate from whiffing.

 

And then yes, the matter of stacks reaching max immediately on a full team and only the Dot bringing something. Without a DPS meter I can't say how much the DoT actually brings to the table, but why skip? Musculature 45% is also a 15% damage increase so not much, and Leadership's Assault in the same vein isn't much either. But when all are piled together it starts showing.

What is the stacking rule for interface? I can't seem to find a reliable answer, I thought it didn't stack from different sources but wasn't sure, and your reply seems to indicate there is a some level of stacking going on. Cheers.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2020 at 9:26 AM, CaptainLupis said:

What is the stacking rule for interface? I can't seem to find a reliable answer, I thought it didn't stack from different sources but wasn't sure, and your reply seems to indicate there is a some level of stacking going on. Cheers.

As a rule everything from Interface stacks five times. Period. So five stacks of -HP, five stacks of -res, etc, etc. It is not per character though (5 stacks from player A plus 5 stacks from player B equal 10 stacks). It's just five stacks on a given enemy.

 

Usually a single person can get those five stacks going depending on how fast their recharge and animation is, so more players with the same Interface just means that the five stack limit is reached faster. This is usually the reason why there is this sort of underground advice about diversifying the Interface choices so more effects come into play instead of stacking the same -HP or -res effect.

 

But.

 

This advice fails to register how pretty bad the other Interface choices are. People will happily say how they are using the -regen one and how they are helping the team, but without having followed the math that shows the -regen is pretty damn low in the first place and then further falls off the higher level enemies are. A +3 enemy resists the effect by a fair bit and AV/GMs (the enemies for which  -regen would be useful) on top of the extra levels giving resistance also have a baked in extra resistance to said debuffs. So small numbers + resistance = inconsequential results despite 'gut feelings'.

 

This applies to the -ToHit one (same deal of weak effect + resistances), the -recovery one (does this even do anything? I tried hitting level a level 54 boss and it died without its blue bar having moved), etc.

 

 

This is why despite the underground advice we still all focus on the -HP and the -res Interface choices. Partly because the other choices are just bad, partly because whenever we split up, or solo, or are taking an isolated mob over that corner of the room there while the team is wailing on the other enemies over the other corner, then those stronger Interfaces still kick in.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sovera said:

As a rule everything from Interface stacks five times. Period. So five stacks of -HP, five stacks of -res, etc, etc. It is not per character though (5 stacks from player A plus 5 stacks from player B equal 10 stacks). It's just five stacks on a given enemy.

 

Usually a single person can get those five stacks going depending on how fast their recharge and animation is, so more players with the same Interface just means that the five stack limit is reached faster. This is usually the reason why there is this sort of underground advice about diversifying the Interface choices so more effects come into play instead of stacking the same -HP or -res effect.

 

But.

 

This advice fails to register how pretty bad the other Interface choices are. People will happily say how they are using the -regen one and how they are helping the team, but without having followed the math that shows the -regen is pretty damn low in the first place and then further falls off the higher level enemies are. A +3 enemy resists the effect by a fair bit and AV/GMs (the enemies for which  -regen would be useful) on top of the extra levels giving resistance also have a baked in extra resistance to said debuffs. So small numbers + resistance = inconsequential results despite 'gut feelings'.

 

This applies to the -ToHit one (same deal of weak effect + resistances), the -recovery one (does this even do anything? I tried hitting level a level 54 boss and it died without its blue bar having moved), etc.

 

 

This is why despite the underground advice we still all focus on the -HP and the -res Interface choices. Partly because the other choices are just bad, partly because whenever we split up, or solo, or are taking an isolated mob over that corner of the room there while the team is wailing on the other enemies over the other corner, then those stronger Interfaces still kick in.

Thanks, that's very helpful, I was aware of the other ones, but for some reason I had it in my head Interface was different. The reason I was wondering this now is a couple of friends and I have a small soldier of arachnos team going that we play once a week, and have just got to the point of unlocking judgement and interface. As it's a small team it would have made a difference if everyone went for the same thing and they didn't stack at all. Cheers.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2020 at 8:08 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

SR/Claws (and Claws/SR)

Musculature - More Damage

Degenerative - More Damage

Assault - More Damage

Barrier - Prevents More Incoming Damage

Pyronic - More Damage

Carnies - More Damage + Heal + Buff for More Damage + More Sexy

I sense a pattern here ... lots of "More"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...