Patch Notes for August 27th, 2019

Leandro

2 hours ago, Extor Prime said:

And yes, I am fanboing a bit, and I make zero apologies for it.

So, are you the guy who six-slotted his Fangasm clicky for Squeeeee ...? 😄 😄

• Haha 2

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

• All versions of Beam Rifle's Lancer Shot now has a 100% chance of spreading disintegration.

Yeah... it not only spreads it, it INITIATES it! This seems like a bug to me. If this is working as designed, there would be no need to ever fire Disintegrate, so I'm thinking it needs a fix. My 50 Sent can shoot Lancer at a target and the Disintegrate effect starts and spreads without ever firing Disintegrate first.

Edited by GetRidOfWires
spelling
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cix said:

Not on Torchbearer.  No worries though, I'm just being cheap.

I just checked respec prices (~300K) but the Auction house is cross shard (server doesn’t matter).

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

The more shit changes seems the less and lees I play... I guess I just remember the pure COX and not some of this shit changes happening.... Now if it wasn't like it was on live I can understand but some of these are just not needed... Game is already easy to solo 90% content with all the changes 

2 hours ago, Number Six said:

To be honest I’m not convinced Aid Self should be interruptible in the first place.

Please for the love of god keep the interrupt in Aid Self.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Yesterday, when I turned Stealth on my characters, I could still see them, albeit a touch faded.  That's fine and expected.   Now, after patch, they are completely translucent.  I cannot see them.  Not liking it at all.  😞

• Developer
1 hour ago, GetRidOfWires said:
  • All versions of Beam Rifle's Lancer Shot now has a 100% chance of spreading disintegration.

Yeah... it not only spreads it, it INITIATES it! This seems like a bug to me. If this is working as designed, there would be no need to ever fire Disintegrate, so I'm thinking it needs a fix. My 50 Sent can shoot Lancer at a target and the Disintegrate effect starts and spreads without ever firing Disintegrate first.

Yes, it’s a bug.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

4 hours ago, Zerethon said:

Beacon/Mortar/Explosives/Caltrops are dropped at your feet instead of being targeted on the ground (Some already work that way i know, but they should ALL be that way, so you can just jump into a group and click caltrops, instead of trying to click it on the ground and targeting an enemy instead half the time, that kinda thing)

Just to respond to this point, have you tried using the bind/macro to do this?  Try /macro Caltrops powexeclocation self "caltrops" and that should do exactly what you describe.  Just click the macro button instead of the caltrops button.  Should work for all of those.  There are even tricks to change the macro button to an image of your choice to make it look better, but that I haven't gotten into.  You can also replace 'self' with 'target' to cast at your current target (I use that for phantom army myself).

That would then solve that issue for you and still leave the option for those that like to be able to target it.

• Thanks 2

If you're all looking at fixing Containment, are there plans to make it work with Sorcery/Enflame, Storm, Traps, or other pseudopets?

I've always hated the fact that /Kinetics is the king of damage contribution (even solo, where buffs should matter less) over a set like Storm that's totally offense oriented.

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

2 hours ago, JustPun said:

The more shit changes seems the less and lees I play... I guess I just remember the pure COX and not some of this shit changes happening.... Now if it wasn't like it was on live I can understand but some of these are just not needed... Game is already easy to solo 90% content with all the changes 

These were rebalances... which means it was making other builds more viable to be picked... had nothing to do with making the game a faceroll.

2 hours ago, JustPun said:

Sounds like you are genuinely unhappy with the game as it exists here.  There are alternative servers out there that might more closely match your particular preferences for the game.

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 hour ago, Rhaethe said:

Yesterday, when I turned Stealth on my characters, I could still see them, albeit a touch faded.  That's fine and expected.   Now, after patch, they are completely translucent.  I cannot see them.  Not liking it at all.  😞

I came to post the same thing. I like the change to Stealth no longer slowing your movement, i can now turn off sprint in combat, keeping Stealth on just for the defense, or getting a little closer without being detected (dominator, like to open with a confuse or two) and only use it when i am ghosting a mission, but it seems Stealth's graphics got switched with Invisibility or something in the process, which is a bit of a shame.

spacer.png

you can see in the top bar, i have Stealth and Sprint (with a Celerity +Stealth enhancement) on, it didn't used to completely hide my character like that before, it was more like halfway translucent with shimmery edges from Stealth

6 minutes ago, RayeGunn said:

I came to post the same thing. I like the change to Stealth no longer slowing your movement, i can now turn off sprint in combat, keeping Stealth on just for the defense, or getting a little closer without being detected (dominator, like to open with a confuse or two) and only use it when i am ghosting a mission, but it seems Stealth's graphics got switched with Invisibility or something in the process, which is a bit of a shame.

spacer.png

you can see in the top bar, i have Stealth and Sprint (with a Celerity +Stealth enhancement) on, it didn't used to completely hide my character like that before, it was more like halfway translucent with shimmery edges from Stealth

1 hour ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

This is a bug.

18 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Sounds like you are genuinely unhappy with the game as it exists here.  There are alternative servers out there that might more closely match your particular preferences for the game.

The old, if you don't like it; GTFO rebuttal.

• Haha 1

@Ignicity/@Igniciti

Discord: Ignicity

Former Official Justice Troll

Official Excelsior Hamidon Spawner

• Developer
17 minutes ago, JasonZZ said:

Was Sentinel/Energy Aura changed? Power Armor used to be a toggle and is now an auto. I'm not complaining, mind you--I could certainly use the extra End available--just asking for future planning.

Yes that power was always intended as a passive, it’s state were rather on the low

side because of it.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

17 minutes ago, JasonZZ said:

Was Sentinel/Energy Aura changed? Power Armor used to be a toggle and is now an auto. I'm not complaining, mind you--I could certainly use the extra End available--just asking for future planning.

Nice catch.

I can confirm this change.

Another missed Patch note?

@Ignicity/@Igniciti

Discord: Ignicity

Former Official Justice Troll

Official Excelsior Hamidon Spawner