Which Blaster has the BIGGEST Number, not speaking about...

Croax

...dps.

I have played some melee AT so far and allways liked the ones with BIG NUMBERS.

Like Super Strength -> Knockout Blow with double stacked rage.

Or Broadsword on a Stalker.

Yoe see? BIG ORANGE NUMBERS over the head of the enemys. Possibly doing so much overkill on a minion that it is hillariously wasted.

I don't care much about the total dps or in what time you can take down pylons or solo taskforces with it.

So what Blast Set would suit this job the best?

The biggest numbers are in the secondary.

The secondary with the biggest attack damage numbers is /Energy ST, /Electricity AOE

--

Edit- not counting the nukes of course.  Biggest Nuke is Ice/ and Fire/ but thats with DOT 

Edited by Haijinx

Overall I'd say Fire. Tremendous nuke. It's the Titan Weapon of Blasters. You're not nearly going to get the numbers of a BS on a Stalker (or Titan Weapons in any AT). Meleers tend to be beasts and undisputed kings of massive orange numbers.

Outside of nukes, Ice has the highest damage ranged single target attack but its cast time is quite long.  Blaze is almost the same damage, but much of it is DoT however it does have a much faster cast time and with the recent snipe changes Blazing Bolt can also be worked into your single target chain.  Atomic and Energy have the highest single target Melee attack with Atomic getting the edge due to faster cast time.  With crazy amounts of recharge you could get an attack chain of Blaze, Blazing Bolt and Positronic Fist with Negatron Slam as filler for any gaps. That is what I use and can at times snag aggro from tanks and brutes if they do not have taunt on long fights. 

14 hours ago, Haijinx said:

The biggest numbers are in the secondary.

That is unpleasent news. I wanted to do a ranged alt for a new experience. Beeing firced to play a Blaster in melee does not sound right.

12 hours ago, Sovera said:

You're not nearly going to get the numbers of a BS on a Stalker (or Titan Weapons in any AT).

I am not trying to do that. I just want the biggest numbers on a blast set. The advantage of shooting from a big range and the ability to change from one target to the other comes with a price, i guess.

So @HelenCarnate and @Vanden both vote for ice? I was not expecting that. I will take a close look on Ice Blast.

Anyone got another recommendation?

The primary for BIG numbers is fire. 

Fire's inferno is INSTANT. There is absolutely no delay in its damage, it will WIPE everything lei and under even on +4 INSTANTLY. There is nothing that compares to that. Indisputable. Sorry.

Fire is THE MOST damaging single target as well. You will VERY often in ONE SECOND casts be hitting 800-1000 (I've even experienced it going as high as 1400 on snipe...) numbers with procs and -res. You are a true cannon. You can actually WATCH +4 AV content health MOVE. The "big numbers" are definitely in fire. And trust me, they're VERY impressive.

Secondaries... for "big numbers" alone, Positronic Fist is 198 base Total Focus is 198. Positronic Fist is a 2.904s cast Total Focus is a 3.432s cast. Burn will somehow deal far more damage than either one of these and be an AOE but it's numbers are "hidden" and won't appear as "big numbers." Note here: I'm discussing largest numbers NOT actual DPA/DPS.

Fire/Atomic is well-regarded anyways. It's extremely strong and can farm. It is a great combo. It does big numbers.

6 hours ago, Croax said:

That is unpleasent news. I wanted to do a ranged alt for a new experience. Beeing firced to play a Blaster in melee does not sound right.

QFT and something the original devs were never able to understand or rather were never willing to come clean with playerbase about

1 hour ago, Croax said:

Well i was asking for hard hitting attacks. I was thinking fire has only more damage because of the dot. Ice has bigger numbers or hasn't it?

That is true for 1 slow attack. The fire nuke is much better and overall fire does more damage because of the faster attacks.  But if you are only looking at base damage without added dots and do not care about cast time, ice does have the hardest hitting single target attack. 

Fire on the other hand has the hardest hitting nuke with blizzard being all dot damage so it depends on what you value more. If you want 1 single target heavy hitter then go ice. If you want a spawn flattening nuke with also very hard hitting single attacks then go fire.

6 minutes ago, HelenCarnate said:

That is true for 1 slow attack. The fire nuke is much better and overall fire does more damage because of the faster attacks.  But if you are only looking at base damage without added dots and do not care about cast time, ice does have the hardest hitting single target attack. 

Fire on the other hand has the hardest hitting nuke with blizzard being all dot damage so it depends on what you value more. If you want 1 single target heavy hitter then go ice. If you want a spawn flattening nuke with also very hard hitting single attacks then go fire.

I'd take blizzard over inferno every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Base Damage

Inferno:  419.2  (~250 points initial tick plus 9 ticks for 18.77 points of cancel on miss fire damage )

Bilzzard: 417 points  (75 ticks check for hit every time ticks)

Pretty similar for base damage but oh man the other effects

Blizzard -to hit, -speed, knockdown

Inferno : Nothing !!!

Blizzard is also ranged vs inferno being pbaoe

2 hours ago, Croax said:

Well i was asking for hard hitting attacks. I was thinking fire has only more damage because of the dot. Ice has bigger numbers or hasn't it?

Ice does a lot of damage but this is partly because it can also take a lot of damage procs, which are sort of kind of like DoTs.

2 hours ago, Croax said:

Ice does not have bigger numbers. Mids/Pines does not accurately represent Sniper numbers. 

Blaze is 170 damage base (no enhancements/etc) vs Bitter Ice Blast's 142 damage base (I'm comparing 2nd most damaging powers).

Fire's sniper is A LOT more damage in DPA and damage number than Bitter Freeze Ray which base is 172.7. (To put this into perspective because the numbers aren't accurate, if Blaze is dealing 300 damage, sniper is doing 400-500.) Because Blaze's base is already 170, you can see that fire's sniper is a lot more damage than Bitter Freeze Ray. With procs and slotting and counting blizzard yes ice may even out but the poster is asking for the LARGEST NUMBERS. The largest number is ALWAYS fire.

Yes there's enhancements, but for the "biggest number" fire will clearly win.

8 minutes ago, 3333053222 said:

Ice does not have bigger numbers. Mids/Pines does not accurately represent Sniper numbers. 

Blaze is 170 damage base (no enhancements/etc) vs Bitter Ice Blast's 142 damage base (I'm comparing 2nd most damaging powers).

Hmm... If the Numbers for Snipes are not displayed right, is it possible for other snipes on other sets to have a higher number?

And btw. guys i like how good the talk is going on here. 

Just now, Croax said:

Hmm... If the Numbers for Snipes are not displayed right, is it possible for other snipes on other sets to have a higher number?

And btw. guys i like how good the talk is going on here. 

Yes, absolutely, snipes are not represented properly for their damage.

Ok, i went to justin and throw down a Fire/Devices/Fire Blaster right now, to be honest i copied parts from other builds out of this forum.

i was thinking with the snipe changes having the targeting drone going should net me the highest numbers from the snipe.

The fire animations and the flow of the powerset feels quite good. i skiped every melee power because i want a ranged toon. and i think i hate the ranged cones now more than i hated the melee cones.

just not using firebreath i guess. Maybe i am going to take a melee power to slot some good set?

Fire Blast seems to be what i wanted. really happy about how powerfull it turned out to be.

What do you think about the build? (i could not craft the incarnates because it is disabled right now)

Fire Device Fire Blaster.mxd

Edited by Croax

You’re missing the opportunity to really decimate groups of mobs on your /dev if you do any solo play. The ability to smoke trip mine x3, then funnel mobs into a huge explosion is too much fun to be missed. I think /dev shines in solo play more than group, as groups move really fast and/dev rewards patient play. 

On 9/9/2019 at 2:29 PM, TheAdjustor said:

I'd take blizzard over inferno every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Base Damage

Inferno:  419.2  (~250 points initial tick plus 9 ticks for 18.77 points of cancel on miss fire damage )

Bilzzard: 417 points  (75 ticks check for hit every time ticks)

Pretty similar for base damage but oh man the other effects

Blizzard -to hit, -speed, knockdown

Inferno : Nothing !!!

Blizzard is also ranged vs inferno being pbaoe

by why sundays?

• 2 weeks later
On 9/8/2019 at 5:58 PM, HelenCarnate said:

Outside of nukes, Ice has the highest damage ranged single target attack but its cast time is quite long.  Blaze is almost the same damage, but much of it is DoT however it does have a much faster cast time and with the recent snipe changes Blazing Bolt can also be worked into your single target chain.  Atomic and Energy have the highest single target Melee attack with Atomic getting the edge due to faster cast time.  With crazy amounts of recharge you could get an attack chain of Blaze, Blazing Bolt and Positronic Fist with Negatron Slam as filler for any gaps. That is what I use and can at times snag aggro from tanks and brutes if they do not have taunt on long fights. 

I'm sorry - I do agree that ice has the highest ranged single target damage...but it's cast time is quite long? Are you talking about Bitter Ice Blast? Or something else? The ONLY long animation in ice is Bitter Freeze Ray. 

On 9/9/2019 at 5:03 PM, Croax said:

Ok, i went to justin and throw down a Fire/Devices/Fire Blaster right now, to be honest i copied parts from other builds out of this forum.

i was thinking with the snipe changes having the targeting drone going should net me the highest numbers from the snipe.

The fire animations and the flow of the powerset feels quite good. i skiped every melee power because i want a ranged toon. and i think i hate the ranged cones now more than i hated the melee cones.

just not using firebreath i guess. Maybe i am going to take a melee power to slot some good set?

Fire Blast seems to be what i wanted. really happy about how powerfull it turned out to be.

What do you think about the build? (i could not craft the incarnates because it is disabled right now)

Fire Device Fire Blaster.mxd 5.23 kB · 15 downloads

I'm at work so I'm not able to read your build but, if you haven't, make sure you put gaussians chance for build-up in aim. Without recharge slotted, it has like a 90% proc rate. This will give you big ass numbers. 

• Thanks 1