Haha! Laugh at my pain! Laughter is the best medicine!

Caulderone

1.6 billion on character

Intent:  Bid on 40 stacks of 10 Boosters at 1.3Mil and change each, spending less than 600 million.

Spam bid button.

Actual:  Bid on stacks of 10 Boosters at 13Mil and change each, spending over 1.5 billion on 120ish Boosters.

What the hell did I just do?  I now have 80 Million and 120 Boosters instead of 1 Billion and 400 Boosters.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to get your chuckles!  Laughing is better than crying.

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR NUMBER OF ZEROES BEFORE YOU BID!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

8 hours ago, Caulderone said:

1.6 billion on character

Intent:  Bid on 40 stacks of 10 Boosters at 1.3Mil and change each, spending less than 600 million.

Spam bid button.

Actual:  Bid on stacks of 10 Boosters at 13Mil and change each, spending over 1.5 billion on 120ish Boosters.

What the hell did I just do?  I now have 80 Million and 120 Boosters instead of 1 Billion and 400 Boosters.

done that, meant to bid 300,000 on a Recharge IO, accidentaly bid 3 mill on it instead...esh..someone was made very happy that day.

23 hours ago, Caulderone said:

1.6 billion on character

Spam bid button.

And people wonder why I don’t buy boosters.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I've added a zero with converters and on a purple here and there but nothing like that in bulk before. Of course I've been using merits for boosters cuz even though i have the money i decided i should probably use merits for something since they're just sitting there piling up.

This is why I always use a sequence of numbers instead of zeroes. For example, if I'm going to bid 10 million on something, the actual bid is going to be something like 10,123,456 so that I'm less likely to put an extra number in there.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

On 9/15/2019 at 12:24 PM, Texas Titan said:

I spam bid 900,000 on 100 converters a while back. That hurt a bit. I double check my zeroes all the time now. LOL

Did that just a couple of weeks ago. I was thinking I'd bid low and let them sit for the next day, so was going to bid 81,234. I wound up bidding 812,345. By the time I'd figured out why all of my bids had filled so quick it was all over. C'est la vie.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
3 hours ago, Jace The Comic Source1 said:

Sent 1 BN through the e-mail and it disappeared, best guess is I misspelled the Global Name and someone else got a nice chunk of change. At the time I only had 2 BN one one toon, so it hurt a bit. I don't e-mail INF anymore, safer to just log on another account and trade it.

When sending Inf, open the email window and put one Merit in it, then add the Inf. When you put an account-bound item in the mail, it autofills your global, and won't let you send it to someone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roderick said:

When sending Inf, open the email window and put one Merit in it, then add the Inf. When you put an account-bound item in the mail, it autofills your global, and won't let you send it to someone else.

As does leaving an email to yourself and using the Reply button.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward