Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

17 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

These look great!  On the middle one, though... I don't think the blue on the belt and pants matches the top.

The blue on chest, belt, and pants are each different. The brightness of a particular color can vary depending on the particular piece it is on. Sometimes I vary things to get a particular brightness. I think though I could probably have belt and pants both be a chess knight's move from the bottom rightmost blue and have them give the desired brightness while being closer to the chest's bishop's move from the same point.

The other thing that comes into play is zone lighting. For example, in the costume editor I can match the cyan of the Bronze Magus' gloves on his chest and shoulders but in certain zones in regular daylight the match is off. In such cases I will try to go with what looks proper in play as opposed to the editor.

Edit: Could be my graphics card acting up too. Really do not want to have to get a new one before getting a new computer and not in the market for one of those yet either (though with the requirements I am seeing on upcoming games, I may have to give in on that).

Edited by Erratic1

So as I mentioned upthread, for me sometimes the colors in the editor and what appears in game world vary. Anyone else notice this?

In the image below I set the blue on belt and legs identically. And yet in Talos at night they do not appear the same as they do in the supergroup base.

ColorClash.jpg.c8fc51964b21c590de5dd7604568c01b.jpg

Or are my eyes failing me?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

So as I mentioned upthread, for me sometimes the colors in the editor and what appears in game world vary. Anyone else notice this?

Absolutely!  Not only does it vary depending upon where you are in-game, but the different materials of some pieces also make things look different.  Try getting the ascension chest piece to patch the chest pattern underneath it, without using white or a very light color...

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I think part of the reason is that the lines on the pants glow and the rest of it does not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

My character, Leylathiriel, in what I believe to be her best costume of yet.

The inside and outside of the cape were colored different, and I did my best to fit the shoulders with it to make it look like one continuous mantle/cloak thing.

Leyla1.PNG

Leyla2.PNG

Edited by Bleuception
  • Like 16
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/17/2022 at 5:44 PM, First Player said:

My entry in this week's Discord Costume Contest:

1628561957_2(1).png.7338a1f2b4c41afb88b654c82a9a252b.png

1829834661_Untitled-1(1).png.3dc1eac157a0e8989d3f46c1eb933b1e.png

And just for fun...

2.png.3521d5d76b986a384039e8af544ec3f3.png

Always a fan of your work.. Amazing, Amazing stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, plainguy said:

Always a fan of your work.. Amazing, Amazing stuff. 

8 hours ago, First Player said:

Thanks mate, I appreciate it!

Whenever I see First Player has posted a new costume I get giddy like it's new comic day.

And then I get depressed/jealous ( deprealoused?) at how good it is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

13 minutes ago, Jawbreaker said:

Whenever I see First Player has posted a new costume I get giddy like it's new comic day.

And then I get depressed/jealous ( deprealoused?) at how good it is. 

Haha, then here's another! Street Justice/Super Reflexes Scrapper

Untitled.png.2c56843bb2a143ac8807656a4586c474.png

And yes I realize that's a club. We don't have four-leaf clovers so I'm making due.

Edited by First Player
  • Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 1

pg6qD0.png

On 1/17/2022 at 5:44 PM, First Player said:

My entry in this week's Discord Costume Contest:

1628561957_2(1).png.7338a1f2b4c41afb88b654c82a9a252b.png

1829834661_Untitled-1(1).png.3dc1eac157a0e8989d3f46c1eb933b1e.png

And just for fun...

2.png.3521d5d76b986a384039e8af544ec3f3.png

How did you get the tan/brown color on Infect?  I tried that same concept of cracked skin on a Rad/Rad Brute but I couldn't get the color to work, so I went another direction.  Love the outfits.

13 hours ago, First Player said:

Haha, then here's another! Street Justice/Super Reflexes Scrapper

Untitled.png.2c56843bb2a143ac8807656a4586c474.png

And yes I realize that's a club. We don't have four-leaf clovers so I'm making due.

Very nice! Very pulp. I love it.

I'd want to make him a Dual Pistols/SR Sentinel.

• Thumbs Up 1