So you got 6 *T4 on your toon....

SilentAce

...any ideas on what I should do with him next if you do not plan to PVP. I know

I can keep playing and get him more options in his incarnates to switch as needed

but other than that I wonder what my motivation for playing said toon is when I

can make inf in many other ways.

• Sad 2

im reminded of one of the devs (zwillinger? positron? someone) saying when incarnate trials came out that they "never wanted us to run out of things to do again." but then the shut down happened. bit of tragic irony there.

not smart enough to offer any real solutions specifically for becoming more powerful. it sounds like that's what you're asking? sorry about that 😞

i guess if you just don't find playing the character for the sake of playing it anymore, your only real options are trying to eek out more power for your io build. badges? defeat lord recluse with brawl? finish old ouro arcs? have you done the uh dark astoria stuff? i never finished that stuff.

probably just time for an alt but doesn't sound like that's what you want. im sorry my dude 😢

• Like 1

Well as I make no effort to badge as I level I figure that is my next thing to do if only for the accolades. I do not think I will stop playing

him but with no real goal I guess my time will go to the next toon knowing that at some point that it to will reach this position.

I know a lot use their main to farm with for following toons but I make enough on AH not to worry about inf and if I really need to

I already took the time to make an AE specific Spines/Fire Lv 50.

I still have lots of toons I want to level and build and played original for 6 years and this is only like a few weeks so will not down

tools and leave. I just wondered what others that do not have PVP in their plans did 🙂

Well , it's not all end game with this game. That's why it has such great appeal. Ouro was made for you to revisit your younger less impressive self and still be heroic/villainous. Sometimes when I am really bored with high end stuff I'll choose a favorite zone, use ouro to lvl limit myself then go on patrol. Use your imagination, that's really your only limit.

• Like 3
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Badges. I'm around 950 on my main, and still have all the invention and PvP ones to go.

Ouroboros arcs. Eventually, i want to be able to say I've done all the content Ouro has available, both sides (or all 3 if you count Praetoria.)

Farming for your perfect set IOs, purple all the way!

Join a SG, make some friends, and just hang out. The best times I had on Live weren't TFs, or missions, it was just farming freaks while talking on voice chat with my SG (and RL) friends. Form a SG, play with the base builder.

Host a costume contest, or a scavenger hunt. Play Hide-and-seek with lowbies in AP. One of the greatest things about this game has always been the community, and the more you get involved with the people on your server, the more rewarding you'll find it.

And, of course, start a new character. Endless possibilities for doing something you love, or doing something completely different.

Edited by Lakanna
  • Like 4

Torchbearer: @Lakanna (Blue) or @Annakal (Red)

Feed my alts.  Only Heraclea has full T4 on all her incarnates.  Empyrean merits can apparently be mailed one at a time to any other character on your account, so any she makes get passed forwards to the neediest.  This is apparently a dominator who just got to 50 a few days ago.  Heraclea is a full game character who is as at home tanking Clamor as she is Reichsman, but when she is exemped she plays only for inf, there being no real urgency for more veteran levels other than bragging rights. 

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

There's lots to do.  I got my fourth level 50 character last Sunday.  In a week, I managed to obtain the last two stat-boosting accolades, seven Tier 4 Incarnate abilities, and a Tier 3 Incarnate ability.  Even with all of that, I think he has just begun.

Left to do: Do most of the red side and blue side story arcs via Ouroboros.  Do most of the red side SFs and blue side TFs.   Get most of the various non-PvP related badges.  Do the Incarnate trials.   Farm Empyrean merits to outfit my next level 50 character with Incarnate abilities when it dings level 50.  Run more Rikti mothership raids.  Try to solo some GMs.

That's just off the top of my head.

• Like 1

One might also work on a second build to do something your current main can't do as well, such as one build to be an AV killer vs. a minion-mower.

• Like 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I simply wander the vast universe looking cool and spreading my awesomeness.

(also, get a 2nd destiny slot... everyone should have team port, anyway, at least at T1, if not T3 for the level boost.   And I usually find a reason for a 2nd or 3rd interface slot as well.   And possibly more lores options...)

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

20 hours ago, Heraclea said:

Feed my alts.  Only Heraclea has full T4 on all her incarnates.  Empyrean merits can apparently be mailed one at a time to any other character on your account, so any she makes get passed forwards to the neediest.  This is apparently a dominator who just got to 50 a few days ago.  Heraclea is a full game character who is as at home tanking Clamor as she is Reichsman, but when she is exemped she plays only for inf, there being no real urgency for more veteran levels other than bragging rights. 

You can convert 50 Emp Merits into a Transcendant Merit and mail that, this is assuming you ever have 50 at one time. I rarely have that many at once so I'm generally mailing them one at a time too. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

You can convert 50 Emp Merits into a Transcendant Merit and mail that, this is assuming you ever have 50 at one time. I rarely have that many at once so I'm generally mailing them one at a time too. 

Yep, that's what I do.  When I get a new character to level 50, I convert 150 Empyrean merits to 3 Transcendent Merits and mail them to the newly level 50 character.  Then I get a Tier 4 Alpha and Interface as soon as they're unlocked.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

One might also work on a second build to do something your current main can't do as well, such as one build to be an AV killer vs. a minion-mower.

That's what I've been doing to breathe life into characters that have kind of peaked; make a second (or third) build and either focus on a whole new playstyle, a different set of IO goals, or, take powers that I wouldn't have taken on a primary build.

Like, I have a separate build on my en/en blaster where I took out all the KB:KD procs and maximized KB.  On my Fire/FF, I made his secondary build a KD/proc machine, and it was so effective I actually run that as the 'main' build.

• Like 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Been playing the same toon since issue 8. I love it, I'm excellent at it and it's always fun. For me that's the motivation to keep playing it. That being said I do make goals.

Fight all the Giant Monsters in the game sans lore (getting there)

Solo your way through all the tfs and trials (almost there)

Alternate builds (only in planning stages)

Personal mini-games. For example I'm going for Vet Level 606 [Currently 422}, and 60 000 merits [Currently 39000], and the thread cap.

Speed TFs see just how fast your team can do <Insert SF/TF/Trial> 

Duo TF/SFs with a friend

Duo TF/SFs with a friend at +4

Run every story arc in the game

T4 both sides of every incarn power, including all the lores.

Badges

PvP

RP

Use that character to fund other characters

Create a really hard AE arc for you/others to play 

If you can't find something you want to do/keep interest in character/game:

New toon

New game

New activity that's not a game.

• Like 2

In the end, I think it comes down to this.  If you enjoy playing the game, and you like playing your fully developed character more than walking a new one through the ranks, then by all means play the heavy hitter Incarnate!  The great thing about that is, you can always go back and do any lower level stuff you want, and be just as (if not more) effective as anyone you are teamed with at the lower levels.  In the high level content, you are practically unstoppable, and your power just continues to grow with each new T4 your build.  I think it gives you the flexibility to fill gaps, or augment your regular powers in different ways, depending on which combination you use.  That sounds pretty powerful to me!

If we have any idea of more Incarnate powers would be added down the road (originally, there were intended to be 10), it might be more worthwhile to just hold up until those became available.  But, as it is, for the foreseeable future, the 6 is all we will have, so make the absolute most of them!  It sounds like you are already well on your way!

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

I want to thank all that took the time to reply to my post and I had thought that transferring merits was no longer available

but a couple of replies have shown a way to do so. As I do so love playing my SS/Inv brute this now gives me the option

to still have fun while sending support to my new toons.

Thanks again  and maybe I will see you in our hero/villain realm 🙂

Hmm... The main reason I continue playing my main is because I find her genuinely fun to play. I just enjoy getting out there and burning down hordes of MOBs. I often offer my services to any team who wants them, even going through DfB or some lame AE farm, just for the chance to blow stuff up. I don't much care what it is, as long as I can murder it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Just out of curiosity, why that specific vet level?

My character's name is Number-Six (A reference to the the television show The Prisoner c. 1968)

It's also a drum machine (raver and DJ back in the days)

It's aesthetically pleasing visually

• Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 4:07 AM, SilentAce said:

I wonder what my motivation for playing said toon is when I

can make inf in many other ways.

Because it is fun to play? I have two that are T4'ed out with the spares that I want for them. I still play them because they are fun. I have other toons that I play, too, but I don't neglect a toon just because it is maxed out in power. That seems kind of counterproductive. I mean, here you worked all this time to get them to the point of uberness and now you are not going to enjoy ubering around smashing things to bits?

• Like 1