The Great Gazebo Hunt 2020

VileTerror

It's time, comrades!
The gazebos . . . they're everywhere . . . 
Paragon City.*
The Etoile Isles.
Praetoria.
Even in Pocket D!
Nowhere is safe . . . 

Alternat has dubbed it:  The Awning Storm.

But there is hope.  Together, as The Gazebowatch, we can seek out the locations of the gazebos.  We can work together to document their whereabouts.  We can ascertain their movements, and determine when they'll be in position to strike against us!  But we'll be READY for them!  We'll know all their hiding spots, and we'll know which ones are anxious to attack us first, since they'll be all jittery and fall out of position.

What say you, noble villains and nefarious heroes!?  Will you stand with us against the gazebos?!

All you need do is post here, and in your local Shard's appropriate channels of communication, with the /loc of each gazebo you find.  Feel free to confirm others' documented gazebo locations.  After all, if the gazebos ARE on the move, we need to know.

Kallisti Wharf
6669, 125, 817.5

Port Oakes
-590, 165, 517.5

Imperial City
677.5, 110, 3200

Pocket D
850, 30, -1085

(okay, honestly, in researching this, I came to the incredibly disappointing realization that there aren't actually that many gazebos Blueside after all.  I guess I really am an unrepentant villain.  I just assumed Paragon had to have tonnes of gazebos since the Etoiles did.)

• Like 1

Honestly?  Even without that classic story*, I'd still have honed in on the gazebos.  I play a lot of Redside, and I just keep finding the damned thing!  All the same, I appreciate that story, since it's helped keep the Everlasting players engaged in Gazebowatch on that Shard.

*Unless, of course, the original Devs only added gazebos as a reference to that story in the first place.  

Oh, this started months ago.  It only just got latched on to over the past week.

There was also someone asking about the basketball courts in Brickstown.  I used to think there were more gazebos in the game than courts, but I did a count on courts yesterday, and I'm not so sure any more.  Add Skyway's courts in to the count, and there are almost certainly more courts than gazebos!

7 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Gazebo!!  I waste it with My Crossbow!

HAH!  I will give it a fresh coat of paint to soothe it's savage breast!!! (and to cover up all those unappealing arrow holes, no wonder it get riled up)

Edited by boggo2300

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Now I want to make a new toon called GAZE BO...

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Now I want to make a new toon called GAZE BO...

Gazebro.  And Gazebra.  And a base named The Gazoobo, where wild gazebos are kept on public display.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Alternat thanks you for the mention, and is proud to have coined "The Awning Storm"! (which occurred to me after your mention of Ouroboros as a base of operations)

alternatgazebo.jpg.de3b9369d8351c2a908cd5806248f3e5.jpg

And yes, it was Alternat, together with her comrades, Stabby Steffi and Mandy Manslapper, who first called out the threat of The Basketball Courts. They are currently considering a 3-pointer plan to deal with the situation.

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG

I hate to derail the convo, but I have some gazebo locations. XD

Mercy Island

-794.8 244.8 -87.3. (near the base portal)

-2256.0 102.8 -2432.9. (northern part of  Darwin)

33.4 87.3 -1191.9 (western part of Darwin)

-1506.8 102.8 -1562.6 (just a building away from the Clock Tower)

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later

Do these count?

Atlas Park Harvest Festival: 309.0 4.1 176.0
Atlas Park Spooky Haloween: -103.2 60.6 734.1 and 248.9 60.6 734.5 (Also one at the lake @ 309.0 4.1 176.0)

Frozen Winter Forest: 120.5 4.0 -66.8 (Probably my favourite)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I read the wiki and I don't think they have it right. I could swear the story of the Gazebo was printed in an issue of Dragon Magazine.

Our old DM showed it to our party because it reminded him of something once of our less bright traveling companions might have said.

If I remember right the encounter went something like this:

DM: In the middle of the courtyard is a large gazebo.

Player: I cast magic missile!

DM: You can magic missile at what?

Player: At the gazebo, of course!

DM: ...

What, me worry?