The Ouro badge is obsolete

Display Name

Now that Cosmic platform is so ubiquitous, the Ouro badge is nearly useless.  I used to recruit lowbies hanging out at Ms. Liberty and help them get their Ouro badge at level 1 just to blow their minds.  But no one is interested anymore...  😞

People don't understand that the Ouro badge is better for tp'ing to Atlas Park (for instance) and the Cosmic platform is better for tp'ing to Peregrine Island (for instance.)  It takes both of them to efficiently fast travel!

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Ouro's hardly obsolete - there are all those ms. liberty and azuria drop-offs to contend with plus the enter transport missions that aren't market crash. And the base exit to sharkhead is only situationally useful. That said i use it maybe max 5% of its live usage. The lfg porter and base macro are just so much better in most instances, not to mention how often you can team teleport on a full team.

• Like 1

• Game Master

Ouroboros and Dark Astoria are good rally points for iTrial assembly with LFG -- it cuts down on traffic in crowded places like Atlas Park and keeps high-level expectations away from the beginning of the game.

"Join mah league!"

"Sure!"

"We can't do the thing, what's your level?"

"23"

"Dang it.  Gotta run without you."

But I get it, Ouroboros doesn't have the "wow" factor it had back on live.  There's cultural changes everywhere in the game coming back.  SGs are a different beast, the "Unofficial Server for _____" monikers are even tested at times, and Coalitions... I haven't heard much concerning those lately compared to when that's all that some conversations on Triumph started and ended with at one time. 

• Sad 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

1 hour ago, GM_Tahquitz said:

Guessing the "enterbasefrompasscode" command for a super base named COSMIC something.

It's not ubiquitous.  Past Excelsior, the "Cosmic platform" isn't really known.

Just to add a few points here, I use Ouroboros quite often and find it far from obsolete. For example, it's the perfect place to zone in to the last mission for Positron 1. It puts you closest to a Monorail in Talus for quick leveling and quick monorail transportation to certain contacts who are close to other monorails. If you need to get to the Atlas Paragon City Hall, it puts you right next to it. There are many advantages to using Ouroboros.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, GM_Tahquitz said:

Ouroboros and Dark Astoria are good rally points for iTrial assembly with LFG -- it cuts down on traffic in crowded places like Atlas Park and keeps high-level expectations away from the beginning of the game.

Eww please don't suggest ouro for this. we finally got them back to pocket d on indomitable enough that you don't have 700 mastermind pets blocking the ouro portal making growly and bubbly noises every time someone's forming a trial. But yeah I've yet to figure out why DA isn't standard for them since you can street sweep for exp/threads while the forming's going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Eww please don't suggest ouro for this. we finally got them back to pocket d on indomitable enough that you don't have 700 mastermind pets blocking the ouro portal making growly and bubbly noises every time someone's forming a trial. But yeah I've yet to figure out why DA isn't standard for them since you can street sweep for exp/threads while the forming's going on.

We use to do iTrial formations in DA on Everlasting, but for whatever reason it has moved back to Ouro.  I prefer DA myself for the street sweeping you mentioned.

I have never used the base TP macro as it smelled like an exploit when it was first leaked, and then later was confirmed as an exploit.  Honestly, it should have been removed months ago as the player base has gotten too used to it at this point, but that's neither here nor there.

So, since I don't use the base TP macro, I still find Ouroboros works for traveling.  Although I do try to avoid the zone when possible simply because of all of the people and pets that congregate around the portal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I would like to see enterbasefrompasscode be blocked from usage within instanced missions (so you can't instaport from a bad scene) or pvp zones (for the same reason.)

I don't see a legitimate or valid reason to block anything, as it doesn't break anything, and in addition you create inconveniences for others that use the instaport. Let's NOT create ANY more inconveniences than the ones that already exist...

Just a thought...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Besides it being an easy way to never fail an Master of run? Or never be defeated in PvP? Or just plain being a get out of anything/let's trivialize everything card?

Not trying to start stuff, but, have you played any other games?  There is no level of "difficulty" in CoX that actually crosses the threshold of "difficult."  Can't rightly trivialize what's already trivial.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Besides it being an easy way to never fail an Master of run? Or never be defeated in PvP? Or just plain being a get out of anything/let's trivialize everything card?

I don't PvP, so I wouldn't know... Constant insta-kill snipes in PvP on live sort of ruined the experience for me, which is why I went to the RP shard, where no PvP takes place unless it is part of the RP. I can tell you without a doubt, that this "block" WILL NOT FLY in the RP shard.... Enough said

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Not to mention being an outright exploit.

Is that from a PvP perspective?  This is CoH not MxM...

Closing statement: Blocking something won't just affect one shard, it might affect all others... Think wisely what you ask/want for, because there are others who won't agree...

Steering back on-topic:

The Ouro Badge is not outdated, it is serving its purpose just as it would as if you were playing the Doc Delilah/Agent G arc. Could there be some additions made to it? Maybe, but overall it's purpose is still there.

Edited by Panthonca7034
Adding on-topic statement and grammar correction

8 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I just use the porters in my own base. Granted... I would like to see enterbasefrompasscode be blocked from usage within instanced missions (so you can't instaport from a bad scene) or pvp zones (for the same reason.)

Rather than blocking it in instances and PvP zones, use the existing 'in combat' flag that activates movement suppression. If you're fighting anything, and for a short time afterward, base transport is suppressed. This keeps people from, as you describe, using it to bail on a bad situation, whether you're in an instance, on the street, or in PvP, but lets you use it freely when there's nothing attacking you.

6 hours ago, Lockpick said:

We use to do iTrial formations in DA on Everlasting, but for whatever reason it has moved back to Ouro.  I prefer DA myself for the street sweeping you mentioned.

Particularly since the hazard gate from Talos to DA got reopened, so you don't have to use a teleporter to get to DA. Just in through the gate, and you're in the plaza in front of the hospital where the iTrials used to form up back on live (at least on Guardian).

• Like 3

I don't think Ouro is obsolete and I do think that enterfrompasscode is an exploit and should have the same animation as the Base Transport power from P2W.

Enterfrompasscode is supposed to be a GM-only tool to help folks having issues in their base.  It was never intended for players.  All other TPs have an animation associated with it.  This one doesn't and that's why people love it, but it's also why it's an exploit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Remove the base TP commands, end of story.

Folks want to fast travel around they can do it with an investment into long range TP power, Ouro, or travel to their bases the retail ways.

Ouro badge wont be obsolete then. Not that i think it is, i've never used those base TP commands. No need too really.

• Like 2