The Ouro badge is obsolete

Display Name

17 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Besides it being an easy way to never fail an Master of run? Or never be defeated in PvP? Or just plain being a get out of anything/let's trivialize everything card?

Honestly, I seriously doubt anyone outside of PvP is abusing it in that way. I mean it's possible, but I haven't seen it happen yet.

I still use Ouro for a few things because for some zones the Ouro teleport is in a much more convenient location than where the base teleport drops you (Talos is my go-to example since Ouro drops you on the hill next to the train station whereas the base teleporter drops you like on the moon or something).  Plus i can save a tiiiny fraction of time going through Ouro since I don't have to move at all in the base >_>

also Ouro is a chill place to hang out.  I always find myself missing the ouro portal when I don't have it.  Go Ouro!!

21 hours ago, Panthonca7034 said:

I don't see a legitimate or valid reason to block anything, as it doesn't break anything, and in addition you create inconveniences for others that use the instaport. Let's NOT create ANY more inconveniences than the ones that already exist...

Just a thought...

Unless something has changed in the last two months, it's confirmed this will eventually be removed for the same reasons BillZ mentioned. It's my understanding the devs are just trying to work out a way to make the base TP power better. Because the slash command being exposed to players was a mistake and is considered an exploit.

Edited by MunkiLord

3 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Unless something has changed in the last two months, it's confirmed this will eventually be removed for the same reasons BillZ mentioned. It's my understanding the devs are just trying to work out a way to make the base TP power better. Because the slash command being exposed to players was a mistake and is considered an exploit.

There are lots of things in this game that were considered an exploit by the original Devs that the current Devs don't seem to share the same opinion. However, you are correct, last I heard the Devs will be getting rid of it when they come up with something that they can give us that can't be used irresponsibly.

• Like 2

Oro is for ORO. It's for flashbacks. That you can use it as a shortcut is just gravy.

I actually find people pretty appreciative when I explain how to self-obtain the oro badge without someone opening a portal for them. Fine if they want to, fine if they want to go do a story arc with a time travel element and get Entrusted With The Secret that way.

• Like 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I use both Ouroboros and the passcode exploit.. after resisting for a while, but it is simply too convenient because of the lack of recharge.

Ouroboros to Independence Port is probably the one I find most convenient, even if it isn't too far from the SG base drop off.

Positron 1 was mentioned as being more convenient for Ouro, but it isn't the only TF or arc. The ones that immediately come to mind are the Indigo/Crimson arcs where you have to check in with Crimson after every other mission. The talkie mission in Citadel is a bit of a toss-up (between Ouro and SG), as the fastest way to get to the contact is to port into Atlas Park and hustle to Steel Canyon.

On the red side, if I am not confusing this with the SG drop off, the Ouroboros drop off in Grandville is inside the main hall, which is convenient for several missions.

@Display Name no bueno

On 1/19/2020 at 3:28 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

Enterfrompasscode is supposed to be a GM-only tool to help folks having issues in their base.  It was never intended for players.  All other TPs have an animation associated with it.  This one doesn't and that's why people love it, but it's also why it's an exploit.

Yep

On 1/19/2020 at 5:00 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'd be happy if the current base tport was as fast as the passcode port and that was that. Edit: With a drastically reduced recharge time as well.

+1 

The Pocket D, Black Market and other transport powers are a bit long animation wise. 

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I avoided the TP macro for months myself, but once I started using it I found it SUPER useful. Probably TOO useful. As much as I like it and as handy as it is. It IS an exploit and really should be fixed. As handy as it is, it makes an already easy game that is fast to level too much so.

I would not, however, be opposed to adding some replacement powers. Something similar to the Wentworth's and Base TP Day Job powers that have a wider variety of location options. The biggest difference being they are not insta-cast and available at all levels.

When things are too convenient they sap some of the compelling nature of certain activities. Getting the Ouro portal is only a minor hassle, but it gives you at least a tiny bit of a feeling of accomplishment to get it. Would be far greater if everyone actually HAD to complete a mission arc to get it. It either requires someone to make a base or join a super group that has a base with a TP zone. Or you at least need to talk to another player to get them to open a portal.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tidge said:

On the red side, if I am not confusing this with the SG drop off, the Ouroboros drop off in Grandville is inside the main hall, which is convenient for several missions.

The SG exits into the tower. Ouro spits you out right by the ferry. Both very convenient.

17 hours ago, tidge said:

Positron 1 was mentioned as being more convenient for Ouro, but it isn't the only TF or arc. The ones that immediately come to mind are the Indigo/Crimson arcs where you have to check in with Crimson after every other mission. The talkie mission in Citadel is a bit of a toss-up (between Ouro and SG), as the fastest way to get to the contact is to port into Atlas Park and hustle to Steel Canyon.

Actually, I find that taking the base teleporter to Kings Row is faster, because it drops you much closer to the tram station; if you're looking at a tram ride regardless, minimizing the dash to the tram is better.

It's pretty cool how you can drop the macro command in a chat and people can just copy and paste it, get a instant button, hop over to your base from wherever they are and explore.

I've seen some awesome transit hubs, night clubs, mazes and little towns that people have made that I otherwise wouldn't have if I had to remember a passcode, transport over to a base portal and enter it manually.

It will be a shame when its gone.

• Like 1

I still use Ouro often simply because I know the enterbasefrompasscode option will change or go away eventually and I want to ween myself off of it so it's not so hard adjusting once the changes are made. Admittedly, if I get in a pinch and need to be somewhere fast, I hit the macro. Otherwise I stick with the non-exploit methods of travel.

As long as the Base Teleport Powers are modified to work like the Ouroboros Portal Power (drop a clickable "pet" with duration equal to recharge time, which anyone can click on to use), then I will glady say "bye-bye" to the slash command.  However, I think the hold up is the creation of a "bookmarks" feature for that list, since a lot of players have cited the ability to write macros with passcodes built-in as their primary reason for using the command.

And while we're at it, Pocket D Teleport should also function like the Ouroboros Portal Power.  Make it summon an interdimensional party bus (works like the Team Mission Teleport Power, and looks like the truck in Kings Row, but painted funky colours).

• Thanks 1

Maybe I'm not considering all the angles, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the slash command for PvE. People being able to instantly zip out of trouble in PvP sucks, sure. If there's anything that can be done, I'd like to see it somehow disabled during PvP but not elsewhere. People can abuse it (and do) in PvE as well, but eh. People can do whatever they want against the AI as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Dreamboat
  • Like 1

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

I thought they were doing away with the TP from anywhere function so I stopped bothering to set it up.

I read this thread and find out it still works .. so ..

Its very convienent.  You still have to run/fly/skip within the zone so its not like some instant mission teleporter. 

I can see how it could be abused though especially in pvp.  But yeah.  Pvp whatever.  

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 7:49 AM, Dreamboat said:

Maybe I'm not considering all the angles, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the slash command for PvE. People being able to instantly zip out of trouble in PvP sucks, sure. If there's anything that can be done, I'd like to see it somehow disabled during PvP but not elsewhere.

If you're not in combat, whether in PvE or PvP, it should be disabled, using the same mechanism that Movement Suppression uses to shut down travel powers in combat -- an 'I'm gone' button for escaping from a fight gone bad is a crutch that lets you avoid the consequences of getting in over your head regardless of who you're fighting. But when you're not in combat, it's not objectionable, and the game already has a history of the devs making changes to make it easier to get around; once you can keep it from being used in combat, it's just one more transportation tool.

• Like 1

I would like to see a cool down for the Base TP power from the P2W agent similar to the Reveal power.  Base TP is a prestige power, too.  I would like to see a more "legit" form of base travel that would allow a person to set one base at a time for their power.  Or maybe purchase each time for each base.  But with a much quicker cool down.

Of course if they give that to us, people (myself included) will start begging for MT, ATT and TT to get the same cool downs.  But honestly, I'm not sure we should rush into *that* particular can of worms just yet!

• Like 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 1/23/2020 at 10:48 PM, Display Name said:

I would like to see a cool down for the Base TP power from the P2W agent similar to the Reveal power.  Base TP is a prestige power, too.  I would like to see a more "legit" form of base travel that would allow a person to set one base at a time for their power.  Or maybe purchase each time for each base.  But with a much quicker cool down.

This was the deciding factor for me to switch to the sgpasscode. Besides the fact that I switch between builds (which resets all power timers) I have the following personal flaws:

1.  I am constantly forgetting to do things in the base before I leave (empowerment buffs, sell extra enhancements/recipes, dump salvage),
  2. I often accidentally click on the base portal (immediately upon entering), sending me back to where I started from,
  3. My toons get pushed around by walking civilians while trying to TP to base!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 1:06 PM, quixoteprog said:

I avoided the TP macro for months myself, but once I started using it I found it SUPER useful. Probably TOO useful. As much as I like it and as handy as it is. It IS an exploit and really should be fixed. As handy as it is, it makes an already easy game that is fast to level too much so.

The Homecoming team left it to us until they find a better solution, so their blessing makes it not an exploit.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward