Patch Notes for January 23rd, 2020 - Issue 26, Page 4

Just now, The_Warpact said:

THE main reason why I wont roll a SS toon.

Apologies, but that is slightly silly. I took rage very late in my build and it was fun either way. The rage crash, contrary to the reception that it does something akin to deleting system32 file, is not much of an issue, it's just a facet of the game. In fact, my inv/ss tank doesn't even notice it 

2 hours ago, esotericist said:

Edit: also I still stand behind my opinion that the demonlings are hybrid ranged/melee, so ranged-only is the wrong behavior (at least with the controls we currently have)

Is it, though?  Really?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Demonlings get a quick blast, a strong blast, a ranged cone, and a brawl, exactly the same as Punks and Battle Drones get.

So what is supposed to make them different?

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I'm struggling to replicate this. Standing in RWZ with a Rad/Fire using Burn on some 53/54 Rikti. No taunt auras on. Nothing scatters.

Streetsweeping around Talos with my lvl 23 F/F tank, I sometimes have a single mob dash out of my Burn patch...  But they never go more than a few steps outside of it, and always turn around and come right back.  Doesn't seem to be related to the relative level of the mob either.  If it's a bug, it's not exactly earthshattering.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

This is very much a good thing! I love waking up on my day off and seeing my favorite MMO has had it's first update in 8 years! Thank you for all your trouble shooting and amazing first update! Keep them coming! 

Edited by Wondering_Sage

Until the world goes cold, nothing will keep me from this throne, I'll fight.

• Developer
31 minutes ago, Li_Sensei said:

I have a specific question regarding Ice Armour and enhancements.

Specifically, how do Taunt enhancements slotted in Chilling Embrace and Icicles work now?  The detailed info in game no longer provides a taunt duration.

Are the enhancements ineffective as it's not using the 'global proc' mechanic?  Do the enhancements improve the duration of the proctaunt?

It's not clear to me from the patch notes to make a reasonable conclusion.

Global Boosts "inject" atttibutes into powers, so to speak. They can be strengthened by enhancements like anything else in the power. We are used to seeing most global procs flagged as "ignore strength", but these inherent taunt global procs dont have that flag. Adding Taunt enhancements to your auras will make the procs from that aura last longer.

• Thanks 4

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

7 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Apologies, but that is slightly silly. I took rage very late in my build and it was fun either way. The rage crash, contrary to the reception that it does something akin to deleting system32 file, is not much of an issue, it's just a facet of the game. In fact, my inv/ss tank doesn't even notice it 

My wife said the same thing, she has a SS/WP broot and just bulldozes along. Mine is more I probably wouldn't be affected by it I just want it fixed tantrum lol.

• Haha 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

9 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

My wife said the same thing, she has a SS/WP broot and just bulldozes along. Mine is more I probably wouldn't be affected by it I just want it fixed tantrum lol.

The real beef is it was just a straight buff that was pulled because of people whining it wasn't OP enough.

People who think Rage is just fine as is weren't going to lose out on anything, but those of us who think the damage crash ruins the fun lost out on finally having a chance to play and enjoy SS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Global Boosts "inject" atttibutes into powers, so to speak. They can be strengthened by enhancements like anything else in the power. We are used to seeing most global procs flagged as "ignore strength", but these inherent taunt global procs dont have that flag. Adding Taunt enhancements to your auras will make the procs from that aura last longer.

Ah, OK, thank you for the clarification.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'm struggling to replicate this. Standing in RWZ with a Rad/Fire using Burn on some 53/54 Rikti. No taunt auras on. Nothing scatters.

Could you provide some more details on the exact circumstances you're experiencing this in?

I did as you suggested and tried it in RWZ and against some lvl 53 Rikti.  Similar result is they scattered outside the burn.

1 hour ago, Nezz said:

I always wondered what that was... didn't know it was a bug. Will you guys also fix the Call Reinforcements issue where when the power recharges before the pets die, if you use it nothing happens and it wastes the power and runs the cool down again? Make the pets die, then have it respawn new ones or something? Every other pet does that when the power recharge is up before the pets expire, except Call Reinforcements. 

While we're at it, can we also get a no-redraw costume option for VEAT weapons? 😛

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lazarillo said:

Shouldn't they try to make no-redraw animations actually work before proliferating it?

Nah. Not adding the time to switch weapons to use Venom Grenade on my Bane or Dominate on my Fortunata is enough, I'd take that and wait for the cosmetic fix to come later and be happy with it.

• Like 1

Concerning burn fear effect,

It would be greatly helpfull if those experiencing it could post specifics such as,

Mob

Lvl of MOB and your lvl

AT and power sets

Enhances in burn

Any taunt enhances in build anywhere

Any incarnate powers

Pool powers that may interact with burn

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Like 1

Hopefully folks are patient. 

I mean, this game is one huge tapestry, and it is darn near impossible to pull on a thread, without it having an unforeseen/unanticipated effect.  The fact that these generous individuals are invested enough in this game, and this community to do what they do in their spare time, for no pay, is nothing short of amazing.  So, please forgive them if in their efforts to make something better, it does something wonky due to the practically infinite number of combinations of powers, secondary effects, enhancements, set bonuses, etc.  Just believe in the fact that they are doing this all for us, and it makes it much easier to have the patience to wait for fixes to issues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

23 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Concerning burn fear effect,

It would be greatly helpfull if those experiencing it could post specifics such as,

Mob

Lvl of mon and your lvl

AT and power sets

Enhances in burn

Any taunt enhances in build anywhere

And incarnate powers

Pool powers that may interact with burn

I'm working with them thru a support ticket.

36 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Nah. Not adding the time to switch weapons to use Venom Grenade on my Bane or Dominate on my Fortunata is enough, I'd take that and wait for the cosmetic fix to come later and be happy with it.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  If I can't look good doing it, what's even the point?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Notes on Pet movement. Melee pets actually benefitted from the previous AI compared to ranged pets. Like, my bruiser now stands and hurls rocks only with a goto macro. It would actually be to the benefit of melee pets that they be allowed to hover around a space without staying in one spot for petcom macros.

If possible, give melee pets a range that they can go from a goto command to allow them to close into melee and attack. Even like a 20-30' range would be enough. 

Yeah, testing, my only issue with the new pet changes is that melee pets cannot functionally use the goto or stay commands at all now, they must remain in follow in order to fight. That's not functional. Give any pet that has more than brawl melee attacks the ability to reposition somewhat. I'll be honest after testing this out, I prefer the previous AI for goto, stay, follow compared to the new changes. This is gonna be a pain in the ass to manage until it's changed. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox

4 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

She didn't know anything about it until she started complaining that something was off and me and another sgmate brought it up.

I'll check when I get home and see what's up on my broot.

Wondering if its noticeable on my fire farm which I run solo.

I can confirm this on my warmace/fire brute. It isn't as stupid as it is on a scrapper with burn but its definitely noticeable and annoying. Should be able to turn that fear off via null the gull in my opinion but if anything fix this on those of us with taunt auras.