What else are you playing right now?

NNDeepdish

• 2 weeks later

I've got Heroes of Might and Magic V running on my laptop while in City on my desktop.

And then after hearing about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F80lB_pLD9E I am reconsidering . . . 

Well, at least I haven't bought anything from ubisoft in many years.  

Viva la indie game devs!

Edited by FoulVileTerror
I wonder how bad 3DO was in terms of these sorts of issues . . .

Been playing Wasteland 3 the past week, backed it on Fig a few years ago. Been loving it.

Also have dabbled in Crusdader Kings 3 a bit since it's on XBox Game Pass. Only thing I've done so far is marry off my son and seduce his wife, legitimize my bastards, and then strip my son of his inheritance. He doesn't like me very much. But his wife does!

21 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

I've been watching some Crusader Kings III videos on youtube lately.

I want that game, but set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.  The Noble Houses of the Imperium are absolutely RIPE for that kind of gameplay!

There are Warhammer 40k mods for Crusader Kings 2, so I bet it's just a matter of time before some come out for the newest game.

• Thanks 1

aaaaand . . . I just bought Carrion.

It controls like a dream AND a nightmare at the same time!   That's quite fitting, frankly.

I'm attempting a zero unnecessary human death run.  That includes preventing humans from killing themselves by running in to environmental hazards due to panic.

It's making the game VERY challenging, but I'm enjoying myself.

• 1 month later
  • Retired Game Master

Let's see... I've been distracted by Skyrim lately.  Had never played it before so am discovering it all newly.  I spend a lot of time just wandering around the map, finding things.

I did get a Valve Index VR headset, but haven't messed with it much.  I tried Skyrim VR and was HORRIBLY dissapointed.  Bethesda really did a crap job on that, and it's unplayable on the Index.  (Literally: It depends on buttons the Index doesn't have, because it's mapped it to an Occulus.)

Elite Dangerous is really amazing in the thing, though, and I'm waiting for the new DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2 to try it there.  Hopefully the Index will be high enough res to read the dashboard and gagues in the truck.

Got Baldur's Gate 3 yesterday, and finally got it working today.  (Don't bother with that Vulkan thing, no idea why they wanted to reinvent the wheel that way.) 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Blaster Master Zero and Zero 2 were on sale a few weeks ago.  Picked those up and have been playing the hell out of them.  I love the original Blaster Master on NES but never had the will to sit down and play it through given the difficulty and lack of saves.  Zero helped fill a gap in my video game history, and Zero 2 is just an awesome addition to the series.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Not that I would evvvvvvvvvvver advocate for software piracy, @ZorkNemesis . . . 

. . . 

*stares at Homecoming for a long, long time*

uh, but, ahem . . . 

BUT!  I've found that playing classic NES and SNES games on emulators to be profoundly rewarding experiences, utilizing the built-in save and load state features of most of those programs.

I mean, um, not that I'd EVER do something like that.   . . . and admit to it.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:36 PM, Heraclea said:

Got Baldur's Gate 3 yesterday, and finally got it working today.  (Don't bother with that Vulkan thing, no idea why they wanted to reinvent the wheel that way.)

Broke my rule about not buying "early access" games and picked it up this weekend.  Not regretting it at all, but, man, I'm gonna need a bigger computer...

And, yeah, Vulkan is bad.

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 10/14/2020 at 4:05 PM, FoulVileTerror said:

Not that I would evvvvvvvvvvver advocate for software piracy, @ZorkNemesis . . . 

. . . 

*stares at Homecoming for a long, long time*

uh, but, ahem . . . 

BUT!  I've found that playing classic NES and SNES games on emulators to be profoundly rewarding experiences, utilizing the built-in save and load state features of most of those programs.

I mean, um, not that I'd EVER do something like that.   . . . and admit to it.

Pretty sure you just did. Don't worry, I won't notify the police or something like that.

Honestly with everything going on in my life, outside of Homecoming I’m sticking to solo games with worlds I can get really immersed in. Got back into Skyrim and The Witcher. Also been playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

As a random other game, my wife and I have taken to playing Binding of Isaac together.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

How bad can a game with it's own theme song/music video be? Anyone played: They are Billions

Spoiler

and zombies..

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Playing CoH again has revived my interest in the MMO genre enough that I reinstalled Age of Conan, which was the game that occupied my time most after CoH.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'm gonna go waaayy back .  My first and favorites were "Earth and Beyond" (first subscription game), and the Origin games series (So erked about Star Citizen- 10 years and counting).  Does anybody remember "Cybermage" or "Crusader: No Retreat"?

6 hours ago, Heraclea said:

Playing CoH again has revived my interest in the MMO genre enough that I reinstalled Age of Conan, which was the game that occupied my time most after CoH.

I'd love to go back and play my other two favorite MMO's.  Unfortunately both Firefall and Tabula Rasa were destroyed by serious mismanagement.

• 2 weeks later
On 11/12/2020 at 8:58 PM, MunkiLord said:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla, awesome so far.

Eh, it was good. I like it, but I LOVED Odyssey. Still playing Hades every day and started playing Immortals Phoenyx Rising a few days ago and I'm really liking it so far. 

If I end up loving Immortals that will be a nice little streak Greek Mythology will have for me over the last couple years.