What kinds of badges would you like to see added?

EmperorSteele

Disclaimer: It should be obvious by the lack of a colorful outline around my post that I'm not a dev or GM or anything, but I just figured I'd start a discussion where we could all spitball some badge ideas. For funsies! I'll start:

Brain Drain (Defeat): No matter if he's a physicist, radiologist, biker, or quantum theorist, you've proven that you're superior to any version of Dr. Aeon, from any reality. You've defeated 50 of Dr. Aeon's temporal duplicates!

Uncarnate (Achievement): Whether through ignorance or arrogance, you've tackled Cole's lieutenants head-on without help from the Well. Complete the BAF or Lambda Incarnate trials with no Incarnate abilities slotted.

Big Hunter (Accolade): You've hunted the biggest and baddest; Acquire the badges for defeating Adamastor, Arachnos Dropship, Babbage, Caleb, Council WarWalker, Deathsurge, Eaochai, Ghost of Scrapyard, Jack-in-Irons, Jurassik, Kraken, Kronos Titan, Lusca, and Paladin.

At Least You Have Chicken (Accomplishment): You ran off ahead and ruined the plan, didn't you? While on a full team, be the first to be defeated before a total party wipe.

Now, you all share some of yours!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

Ugh, no more long, grindy badges. I'm still annoyed that Homecoming added a whole bunch of new ones, like the ones for rejecting recipes and inspirations, and the ones for story arcs.

I wouldn't mind the grindy ones if they were retroactive, but I hate having to go through story arcs again when I've already done them on a character

• Like 1

Not that I would ever have a chance of getting them, but hows about a badge for solo'ing TFs/SFs.?

<dons flame retardant suite>

<.<

<.<

smiley_runaway.gif.fb55038aa124ba8cf658090edda096d1.gif

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Disarming (Defeats): Defeat 100 open world snipers in Founder's Falls, Peregrine Island, or Grandville. 

• Like 7
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 2/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, Vanden said:

Ugh, no more long, grindy badges. I'm still annoyed that Homecoming added a whole bunch of new ones, like the ones for rejecting recipes and inspirations, and the ones for story arcs.

Some of those "new Ones" are badges from the old days that had to be adjusted to be attainable in the new era, such as the Doorbuster badge

• Thanks 2

25 alts with all the badges!

Shifting Loyalties:  You have changed your alignment so many times no one knows for sure if you are a hero, vigilante, rogue or villain.   Change your alignment 100 times,   The caveat to this badge is that it tracks only 5 alignment changes in a 24 hr period, thus reducing the Nul the Gull farming.

Forever Loyal:  You are truly loyal to your alignment.  Stay true!  Earn this badge by doing 50 morality missions that reaffirm your alignment.    Caveat is that if you ever change alignment prior to getting this badge you can never get it.

First to the Egg!: You have obtained every active badge in City of Heroes, congratulations!  But remember, reality is what's real! (Bug Hunter does not count towards this)

• Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

12 hours ago, Voltor said:

Forever Loyal:  You are truly loyal to your alignment.  Stay true!  Earn this badge by doing 50 morality missions that reaffirm your alignment.    Caveat is that if you ever change alignment prior to getting this badge you can never get it.

I'm sure many current badge collectors wouldn't be so happy with this one.

I do like all the fantasized badges so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

this one might not be popular since it would call for an alignment shift but:

Pankratos (Defeat: requires defeating all Praetorians either through trial or arcs, all of the Freedom Phalanx, and all of Arachnos' inner circle) - No matter who they are, what world they're from, or what powers they wield, you have proven mightier still, forcing even the strongest beneath your feet.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sealdy said:

I'm sure many current badge collectors wouldn't be so happy with this one.

I do like all the fantasized badges so far.

Well if the badge were introduced now, the caveat would only start at time of badge activation.  So badge collectors would have to stay their alignment and do the morality missions to reaffirm their alignment, then the badge dings and they can alignment shift again

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, eknudson said:

Frostfire. Many skip him now doing DFB repeatedly and outlevel him but that mission was such a "rite of passage" that beating him should give a badge, I think.  

I skipped the hollows on my first char back to homecoming and I honestly am regretting that I did for this reason. Feels like I skipped something important and the character just feels incomplete.

• Like 2

I would like to see ALL of the CURRENT badges ADDED to the Paragon Wiki.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Badges

Or (a better suggestion,) I would like to see a Homecoming Wiki!  I will be HAPPY to help keep it updated if someone would show me how (a simple, 30-min tutorial, if that.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Just now, shigan5 said:

I skipped the hollows on my first char back to homecoming and I honestly am regretting that I did for this reason. Feels like I skipped something important and the character just feels incomplete.

Flashback is your friend.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

4 hours ago, Display Name said:

I would like to see ALL of the CURRENT badges ADDED to the Paragon Wiki.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Badges

Or (a better suggestion,) I would like to see a Homecoming Wiki!  I will be HAPPY to help keep it updated if someone would show me how (a simple, 30-min tutorial, if that.)

There is http://homecoming.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Homecoming_Wiki:Main_page

It is not complete, but it is a start.

And there is Badger: https://n15g.github.io/badger/

Which I like to keep track of the badges

Edited by Sealdy
Adding Badger link
  • Like 2

Another thought--  pick the top 5 or 10 hardest or most annoying missions on each side. Missions like "prevent fir bolg from escaping", "save the peaceful oranbegans", "rescue captives from the nemesis army" and have a badge for successfully completing all of them. 

On 2/13/2020 at 1:54 AM, Sealdy said:

There is http://homecoming.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Homecoming_Wiki:Main_page

It is not complete, but it is a start.

The problem with the Homecoming Wiki is that whoever started it decided, for whatever reason, to reinvent the wheel. So instead of forking Paragon Wiki and using it as a start point, the Homecoming Wiki is starting from scratch. It's going to take a very long time to replicate the efforts of the PW editors.

• Like 2

There's One In Every Crowd (Defeats): Defeat 100 Super Stunners.

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

4 hours ago, Ulysses Dare said:

The problem with the Homecoming Wiki is that whoever started it decided, for whatever reason, to reinvent the wheel. So instead of forking Paragon Wiki and using it as a start point, the Homecoming Wiki is starting from scratch. It's going to take a very long time to replicate the efforts of the PW editors.

That is indeed a problem, paragonwiki as I recall was mostly complete with up to ish 23 data in it and some of the i24 pre shutdown info added at least in part.

It would be better just to make a wiki that documents all the post shut down changes and perhaps expand upon the i24 mission and badge data from paragon wiki

19 hours ago, Nericus said:

That is indeed a problem, paragonwiki as I recall was mostly complete with up to ish 23 data in it and some of the i24 pre shutdown info added at least in part.

It would be better just to make a wiki that documents all the post shut down changes and perhaps expand upon the i24 mission and badge data from paragon wiki

There are some gaps in PW's information—particularly in mission descriptions—but, yes, overall it is a fairly complete picture of the game at shut down. Most importantly, the information that's there is accurate. The gaps are literal gaps, not things that are wrong.

Titan Network discusses the state of ParagonWiki here. The most important take away is that PW is licensed under open GNU so that anyone who wants to make a copy and use it as the basis for their own wiki is free to do so (as long and they follow the terms, of course). I'm not a code guy, but my impression is it would be much better to start with a copy of PW and add/tweak its entries to reflect Homecoming's (or whichever private server) changes rather than redoing all of that work. After all, even the most heavily-modified of the private servers is still 90% old CoX.

Edited by Ulysses Dare

True there are gaps and most of them could be filled as the data regarding them is preshutdown and was likely not changed by Leandro and homecoming.

Some badges like doorbuster would need to be updated to show the old criteria and the post shutdown criteria.