Patch Notes for February 11th, 2020

The Curator

Love the add-on. 🙂

I can't test at the moment, if it's not confirmed "fixed" by the time I get home I'll post my test results after some quick tests. I think the only thing that was missing was zoning, but it might be worth testing to make sure other "proc-type" power add-ons (doublehit?) aren't affected.

25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

All jokes aside, please test this fix and let us know how it performs!

But Jimmy, why can't I just complain instead?

OK, fine.  I went in on a rad/fire.  They seem to be sticking to me like glue without having to toggle off/on my auras.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I went in on a rad/fire.  They seem to be sticking to me like glue without having to toggle off/on my auras.

I wonder what was causing a fear/survival executable to override taunt. It was just... Wierd. Hope it's fixed. I know they were running from IG. In fact IG was one of the worst impo. Quills, fiery aura, icicles, etc... Did as well, but IG seemed to induce faster than normal.

So weird.

"I don't believe in the no win scenario." -James T. Kirk

I hope test soon™. Sadly, work has precluded me from much hero duties. And wife. And... Stuff.

Also, any feedback on the increased "harrassed" causing foes to flee from everyone? It goes beyond tank classes, all my AT's cause MOBs to go on a pilgrimage..

ありがとうございます。

がんばって

Edited by SwitchFade

@Jimmy, will Beta get access to free incarnate/merits again? I'm trying to a potential bug(s) with Interface DoTs (not cancel-on-miss, I'm aware that's intended). 

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Jumped in with a spines/fire brute. Mobs appear to be reacting exactly how we would've expected in the past before the bug. Did no toggle toggling (haha) or any such work around. From the short bit of testing I had time for, this patch seems to fix the issue.

Thank you guys for your time and effort.

Edited by StPatty33

I did a quick test on just one Tanker (Fiery/Staff).  Blazing Aura seems to be carrying the global taunt proc through zoning now, and is reporting at the rate expected from Blazing Aura.

On a side note though... I am no longer getting Gauntlet (non-AoE) taunt messages from attacks - only the Gauntlet AoE punch-voke and the Gauntlet from Blazing Aura - working as intended?

[Edit:]

I did another pair of quick tests on an Inv/Kin Tanker.  No ST taunt messages there either.  I do see the radiating lines around the heads of targets hit with the Gauntlet AoE punch-voke, but no special effects indicator for the aura or primary target of attacks.  So....

1. Attacks with a target proc AoE Gauntlet and state which foes were taunted in chat and produce the radiating lines around the head special visual effect.
  2. Taunt auras have the message, but no special visual effects.
  3. Attacks which should trigger basic punch-voke on targets hit have neither message nor special visual effect (but they do behave as if taunted - as far as I can tell).
Edited by csr
Additional info; summary
  • Thanks 1

Ran my fire/fire brute through an AE run I am extremely familiar with and I am happy to report the aura toggling issue has been resolved and the mob behavior was exactly as it was originally.

THANK YOU!  I cannot say thanks enough to the Homecoming team for everything.  I know this was a weird one and tricky to figure out but I had faith!  You are awesome!  Thank you all again for all you do!

- Jim

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

7 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

OK, fine.  I went in on a rad/fire.  They seem to be sticking to me like glue without having to toggle off/on my auras.

My Rad/Fire has the same result. It looks like things are back to proper form.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 hour ago, Digirium said:

Has anyone tested with a spine/fire brute so far?

(NB. Testing - please note what you have tested - while it's great to read you've tested successfully and that's good news, the important feedback is what you tested!)

There's little difference in the behavior of Spines/Fire in this patch compared to Jan 29.  The only change I noted was that you don't have to re-toggle on zoning.  Otherwise it seems to behave as it did in the Jan 29 patch.  I didn't test that combo with the Feb 9 patch.

7 hours ago, csr said:

I did a quick test on just one Tanker (Fiery/Staff).  Blazing Aura seems to be carrying the global taunt proc through zoning now, and is reporting at the rate expected from Blazing Aura.

On a side note though... I am no longer getting Gauntlet (non-AoE) taunt messages from attacks - only the Gauntlet AoE punch-voke and the Gauntlet from Blazing Aura - working as intended?

[Edit:]

I did another pair of quick tests on an Inv/Kin Tanker.  No ST taunt messages there either.  I do see the radiating lines around the heads of targets hit with the Gauntlet AoE punch-voke, but no special effects indicator for the aura or primary target of attacks.  So....

1. Attacks with a target proc AoE Gauntlet and state which foes were taunted in chat and produce the radiating lines around the head special visual effect.
  2. Taunt auras have the message, but no special visual effects.
  3. Attacks which should trigger basic punch-voke on targets hit have neither message nor special visual effect (but they do behave as if taunted - as far as I can tell).

I noticed the same behavior on my Rad/Rad Tanker, with one difference. I kept hearing the Taunt sound effect every time my aura triggered Gauntlet

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

8 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

I noticed the same behavior on my Rad/Rad Tanker, with one difference. I kept hearing the Taunt sound effect every time my aura triggered Gauntlet

You're saying that auras procing the global cause repeated taunt sound? Egads. That's... 🤔

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Confused 1