Yellow Salvage Prices

Herotu

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Needed 50 yellow salvage for early morning crafting. 50k a pop still filled slowly while i crafted

congratulations flippers.  Enjoy the tons ...epic mountainloads... of stacks of infamy.  Huge.  Stare at it in awe. The joy the sweet sweet smell of success

seriously, this is how you make money?  Really?

because i was crafting 50 recipes to convert and make about 250 mil approx off of.  An hour so and kind of a pain

is all this flipping just bot addons so a player spends no time investment, gets inf, and has the added joy of being annoying?

To be annoying? Of course not. I can promise you when I'm doing my market stuff, you are not a thought in mind, and likely that of other ebil UFC members. Not just you though, any of the other nameless and faceless people buying my stuff aren't thought about either. Just updating my influence stockpile spreadsheet. My biggest problem is there isn't a Scrooge McDuck vault for me to swim in with all my influence, kinda bullshit if you ask me.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Needed 50 yellow salvage for early morning crafting. 50k a pop still filled slowly while i crafted

because i was crafting 50 recipes to convert and make about 250 mil approx off of.  An hour so and kind of a pain

You had to spend a whopping 1% of your profit (or gross income, not entirely clear what that 250 million is) on yellow salvage?  I have a hard time seeing that as a problem.

I'm not seeing a flipper problem here.  With "filled slowly" and "an hour", I'm seeing a "lack of instant gratification" problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

On 3/12/2020 at 5:10 AM, Snarky said:

and when waiting for a team/TF to start I start "knitting"

awesome

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

congratulations flippers.  Enjoy the tons ...epic mountainloads... of stacks of infamy.  Huge.  Stare at it in awe. The joy the sweet sweet smell of success

is all this flipping just bot addons so a player spends no time investment, gets inf, and has the added joy of being annoying?

100k would have filled instantly.  Just saying.

Also, you are making 5mm profit per recipe after costs?  Nicely done.  There must be plenty of profitable spots left!

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Human nature is to find one course of action to achieve a goal.

This action, attaining influence.

Grinding inf in the AE farm. 

Grinding inf in AH selling IO you made.

Grinding inf flipping salvage buying low and selling high, passive income in massive bulk.

I could be wrong, but I don't see someone really trying to troll the game.  Quote from months ago in Indomitable chat "game shits out inf/exp/salvage" and only the recipes are the real exception. Salvage drops by the bucket, recipes by lottery.

Even if it's a group of people, they are using an opportunity they see to make a profit without a lot of effort by finding a niche in the market.  Price only skyrockets when everyone is panicking over a yellow, cheaper then a red and yellow is a more common requirement for a recipe.  Small profit with huge turn over, Walmart style.

Should try EVE online, the market system is very similar to real world and it changes dramatically when you can massively influence it to make a huge profit.  Its mostly. 01 cost change for hundreds of millions, far more annoying when someone does it a second after you.

Edited by Outrider_01
  • Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

I don't think it's all "flippers."  As I've posted a few times, the February 18th patch seems to have lowered drop rates for salvage and IO recipes.  I think that's a big part of it at least.

5 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I don't think it's all "flippers."  As I've posted a few times, the February 18th patch seems to have lowered drop rates for salvage and IO recipes.  I think that's a big part of it at least.

Okay at least that gives a possible explanation because a 10 fold increase in a few weeks is not normal market forces

some of my crafted procs and globals have decreased over the last two-three months from 4-5 mil to 2-4 mil. That is normal. Freaking unfortunate but normal. Going to need to revise my list of what is craftable for profit. Other pieces keep climbing so my net profit on large batch crafting/converting remains somewhat same

also because it was asked. The 250 mil for 50 is a rough guess. It more or less includes crafting costs (low) and salvage prices (low). It does not figure in the converters i use since those are all “free” to me from merits and i dont take the time to calculate how many i use or Possible lost revenue from selling it.  I would guess it takes a few hundred converters to roll 50 generic garbage i/o into procs and globals. Maybe 400? Complete guess. More than 200 less than 500. Never documented. I just get near 500 and start burning the pile 

1 hour ago, Sakai said:

Does no one remember when the price of a Glad + was over 2 billion and LotG+ ran for 70 million if not higher?

We have it pretty good. 

Considering a Glad is way less hard to come by and I crate LOTGs out of trash recipes that is not so shocking.  I really got interested in the thread because of the crazy shift in uncommon salvage prices. Which may have to do with drop rate change in recent patch?  Just saw that.  Not sure if anyone has posted that before.  

Again, It is not that we have it "bad" because we do indeed have it very nice. But I, and perhaps others, would like to know why there is a huge change in something.  First they come for your yellow salvage...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

Something seems to be off.  I try to get on all of my sturdier 50s and run them until they get a catalyst.  Usually it only took a couple spawns on the Cimeroran wall before that one was done and it was time to switch to another.  More recently I've run whole task forces without getting one.  This makes it hard to tell which characters have their drop and which I should be playing. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

4 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I try to get on all of my sturdier 50s and run them until they get a catalyst.

Since this thread has derailed anyway, I don't feel bad for asking this off topic:

So you actually log in to each of your 50's to collect their "daily" catalyst? I haven't actually run into any players that actively seek these out. Speaking for myself I ... generally don't intend on using them and they just build up on my characters in excess. It wasn't until I intentionally built a character under cheap restrictions (no INF transfer from the "bank"), that I collected up all my catalysts and moved them over to attune 15-20 some odd IO's I'd crafted from recipe drops.

My most recent project I just crafted and converted into enough INF to buy the 30-some catalysts I needed. I couldn't even imagine waiting an entire month to earn each daily catalyst...

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

Thanks to this thread i learned something.  I bought all the toilet paper in local stores and am now reselling it at a huge markup down the street.  Thanks Homecoming

I bought out all the water, hand sanitizer, and hand wipes.  Only problem is the damn blasters are stealing the water while the Empaths keep on taking the hand sanitizer to use against Vazhilok.  Don't get me started on the hand wipes, everyone keeps on trying to wipe off Bio armor for some reason.

• Haha 3

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

3 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Speaking for myself I ... generally don't intend on using them and they just build up on my characters in excess

@Myrmidon

Feel free to send me all of the Catalyst “junk” that you find.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

7 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

So you actually log in to each of your 50's to collect their "daily" catalyst? I haven't actually run into any players that actively seek these out. Speaking for myself I ... generally don't intend on using them and they just build up on my characters in excess. It wasn't until I intentionally built a character under cheap restrictions (no INF transfer from the "bank"), that I collected up all my catalysts and moved them over to attune 15-20 some odd IO's I'd crafted from recipe drops.

My most recent project I just crafted and converted into enough INF to buy the 30-some catalysts I needed. I couldn't even imagine waiting an entire month to earn each daily catalyst...

I use them regularly.   There are many IOs that I regularly craft and use like Panacea, Stealth procs, Miracles, and so forth that leveling characters benefit strongly from, but the ones in base are level 50s.   I also try to build 'whole game' characters, since the odds are good that weekly TFs cap below 50 too, and I want my set bonuses working when exemped.   Catalysts further these goals; they're not just for ATOs.  Catalysts are also costly when bought with merits, but each 50 gets a free one just for playing.  So I rotate my 50s (have 18) to claim catalysts which I stockpile in base.  I use one or two 'odd' merits (anything not a multiple of 20 or 50) to buy unslotters, and the rest to buy converters for crafted drop roulette.   So I catalyze and unslot an IO, then catalyze a fresh one at 50.  

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I usually slot things I've found or converted immediately, rather than sell and then buy an attuned variation, so I burn through every catalyst as soon as I get them.

No good reason to do so, of course. I just like that bit of character progression.

Edited by Lines

8 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Since this thread has derailed anyway, I don't feel bad for asking this off topic:

Wait . . . don't you use catalysts on ATOs and WinterOs?  I do that on every character when it hits 50 and since I like WinterOs so much I need 18-36 catalysts per character.  So while I don't actively log in my 50s daily like Heraclea, I do periodically dump all my catalysts in a base storage bin for the next 50 to use.

P.S. I never use a catalyst on an "ordinary" set IO.  I'll just buy one already attuned from the market.  If I want a low level proc, I'll just buy the low level proc (or the recipe).

Edited by Bionic_Flea

There is another use for catalysts that I didn't mention.   Some recipes you want in your final build have a wide level range, say 20-50.  You got a lucky  drop of a recipe in the set, but your drop is level 23.  Craft that one and catalyze it so it scales across its range. 

14 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

There is another use for catalysts that I didn't mention.   Some recipes you want in your final build have a wide level range, say 20-50.  You got a lucky  drop of a recipe in the set, but your drop is level 23.  Craft that one and catalyze it so it scales across its range. 

I still think you are better off buying it attuned off the market and saving that catalyst.

12 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I still think you are better off buying it attuned off the market and saving that catalyst.

For what?  Characters have a max of 12 ATOs.  I have more than enough to catalyze every fresh 50 soon as they ding.  The rest are gravy. 

I do tend to view inf as greasy kid stuff and a poor store of value.  The game economy is ultimately inflationary, though I'm surprised it's taken this long given all the farming.  I will turn any inf buildup into an attuned IO on the AH as soon as a character gets much above 15M.  But stuff like Panacea and so forth that you want at level 10 is a lot easier for me to acquire with merits than with inf, especially since the salvage needed to make them are probably also in the stockpile as well.