is atlas park hellion golf still possible

trogenion

35 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

Ok.

Everyone.

Just stop.

. . .

We need to join forces and compel the Homecoming Team to make a "Just For Fun" P2W Vendor Power which is a golf club that deals 0 Damage, but has the highest maximum Knockback, BUT only works on enemies who con grey to you (so it can't be used to screw with actual gameplay).

You kidding? If this happens, then this will become the actual gameplay.

Everything else will be what's screwing up.

I'm in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ok, so, maybe a P2W Vended Temp Power item isn't ideal.  Might confuse new players and some people might figure out ways to exploit it in regular gameplay.

Instead, to level the playing field, and because this is frankly a pretty villainous thing to do (beating some poor Hellion around while he's powerless to stop you):

Echo:  Mercy Island

Everyone automatically Sidekicks up to 50 if they're not already.

Everyone automatically gets all their regular Powers Disabled.

Everyone gets a Pop-Up Tray with "Driver" (Mag 150 KB), "9 Iron" (Mag 50 KB), and "Putter" (Mag 7 KB) versions of the Golf Club Power, and a variety of Travel Powers that behave at max-slotted potency.

Everyone also gets a Power to summon an enemy Hellion in designated spawn zones (such as at the base of Fort Darwin).  

The Hellion's name is "Baal."

18 Flags arranged around on the map in various places.

Each time a player-character hits their Baal with one of the golf club Powers, they get a single application of a Debuff called "Point" which stacks with itself (no actual stats get affected by the Debuff).

If "Baal" comes within 8 feet of a Flag, the player-character gets their stack of "Points" logged to the zone (like the Ski Chalet leaderboard).

Badges for getting a Birdee, an Eagle, or for going 3x above Par.

Should be a -breeze- to program all that up, right?   Right?   . . . right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, VileTerror said:

Ok.

Everyone.

Just stop.

. . .

We need to join forces and compel the Homecoming Team to make a "Just For Fun" P2W Vendor Power which is a golf club that deals 0 Damage, but has the highest maximum Knockback, BUT only works on enemies who con grey to you (so it can't be used to screw with actual gameplay).

Here's the deal, all development and bug fixing needs to immediately stop so this can happen. I'm not saying I like your idea, I LOVE IT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VileTerror said:

I'm in!

• Thanks 1

Should be possible I remember my EEE Blaster sending a cog nearly over the war wall once 

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

On 3/9/2020 at 8:07 AM, Drakwatch said:

Nova would be amazing for this LMAO.

The Fallen Gunners around Prometheus Park would be good place to start - try to get them onto the pedestal under the statue.

We used to do this all the time!  Totally hilarious to slot it with Knockback and send them all sailing!  Slotting Power Thrust with KB will send them flying so far, you actually lose sight of them lol

I just saw a GIF on Facebook yesterday that looked like it could have been caused by this kind of thing. It was titled, "Crackheads are invincible". It was some security cam footage of a parking lot, This guy (a crackhead, I guess) literally falls out of the sky onto a parked car (flattening the roof), rolls off onto the pavement, then picks himself up and stands there like nothing happened.

So now I'm imagining he actually got golfed from the other side of the parking lot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Banazir Galasbor said:

Why limit this to just Golf?  Tennis anyone?   (Pong? lol)   Back in the day my buddy and I would get two or even three volleys as we batted the hellion back and forth.  

the only issue with tennis is that the return volley is a bit tough when they are defeated unless only certain powers are used, otherwise go wild.

Repel. 

I've used it once vs a DE ambush in Skyway.  Small 'backyard' area surrounded by fences.  The DE came piling over the top of the fences and my Kin/Dark defender kept knocking them back over with Repel.  No idea how many were in the ambush, it was only me and a friend, but it went on for a bit so I'm sure some made a bunch of round trips over the fence while we whittled them down slowly 😁  Same defender also used to go "bowling" with council mechmen in Striga.  They'd march around in single file and he would run through them with Repel on sending them flying every which way.

Edited by Doomguide2005

Now I want Hellion Foozball.   A giant area with a 11 knockbackers on each team, restricted in moving to certain bands across the battlefield to emulate the 5 man bar, the 3 man bar, the 2 man bar, and the goalie....  and the Hellion must be unkillable, but always screaming "oh god!  oh god noo!!!  please stop!" as you slam him around the field.

(if it makes anyone feel too guilty, we can have an NPC judge sentence him for a hundred different purse snatching from little old ladies, and stealing candy from young'uns)

I fondly remember when CMA was a new level 50 back in issue 3.  I smacked a level 1 hellion and watched him fly, then I found some money burning a hole in my pocket and 6 slotted Heavy Mallet with KB SO's just to see if I could tee off by City Hall and hit the war walls.  The answer was... not quite.

This was before ED so all SO's had full effect.  They do fly nice if you hit them with the sweet spot of the club.  Unfortunately there's no way to hook or fade them but a buddy with a Battle Axe tanker managed a wicked slice 😁

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I realized a problem with my follow-up suggestion:
If the player-characters are all level 50 in the Mercy Golf Course Zone, and the Hellion is level 1, then Mag 7 would be WAY too high for the Putter.  Mag 1.2 might be more appropriate at that point.

What's the exact equation for Knockback Mag adjustment based on level difference?  Is https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Purple_Patch still accurate?

Atlas Park has some unusual mechanics that make it difficult to fling enemies toward the Atlas Statue.

Basically because the developers expected players to hang out at the statue and by Miss Liberty in large numbers, enemies outside the left and right gates of Atlas Park are inside virtual "instances" where they can't be interacted with or seen by players on the other side of the fence. So, if you go over the fenced area and use a power like Wormhole to scoop them up and fling them back toward the Atlas statue, they fly through the air, and as they pass over the fence, they enter into limbo. You can still see them, but only as long as you're on the side of the fence they originated on. If you walk towards them and end up crossing the fence to the social hub, the enemies vanish before your eyes. They're still there. You just can't interact with them while you're on the social side of the zone. If you backtrack to the area you flung them from and look over at where they landed, you can see them from that vantage point.

The enemies that are located behind City Hall don't seem to work this way. If you Wormhole them over City Hall you can rain them down on top of players hanging with Miss Liberty and they'll be visible.

BTW my favorite power for playing enemy toss is Force Bubble in the Defender set. Repel benefits from level differences, and Force Bubble has Mag 10 Repel. When you are 49 levels higher than your enemy, that becomes Mag 60. Enemies literally teleport into the sky. It's hilarious. 

Edited by oedipus_tex

10 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

Basically because the developers expected players to hang out at the statue and by Miss Liberty in large numbers, enemies outside the left and right gates of Atlas Park are inside virtual "instances" where they can't be interacted with or seen by players on the other side of the fence.

screenshot_200320-08-00-53.thumb.jpg.344099001c6c454695e7de84e209b176.jpg

That doesn't seem to be true.

• Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

7 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

screenshot_200320-08-00-53.thumb.jpg.344099001c6c454695e7de84e209b176.jpg

That doesn't seem to be true.

Try going further into the zone, particularly on the left side of the map. It's possible the enemy group you're looking at here spawns close enough to the fence that it's part of the social hub area.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oedipus_tex said:

Try going further into the zone, particularly on the left side of the map. It's possible the enemy group you're looking at here spawns close enough to the fence that it's part of the social hub area.

I think the instances are a lot smaller than you're suggesting, and are more to do with how the new Atlas Park arc starting with Matthew Haber... Haberdashery? change the environment. The closest one to Atlas Park is directly west of where a new hero spawns in, where in one instance there is a large crowd of hellions and later in the plot they're being arrested by PPD.

I don't know how they work, though. It might be that the mobs themselves are flagged according to the player's point in the plot rather than the actual areas being instanced in some way. Not sure, worth testing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lines said:

I think the instances are a lot smaller than you're suggesting, and are more to do with how the new Atlas Park arc starting with Matthew Haber... Haberdashery? change the environment. The closest one to Atlas Park is directly west of where a new hero spawns in, where in one instance there is a large crowd of hellions and later in the plot they're being arrested by PPD.

I don't know how they work, though. It might be that the mobs themselves are flagged according to the player's point in the plot rather than the actual areas being instanced in some way. Not sure, worth testing.

The only area of AP that comes to mind is that section to the west of the courthouse; admittedly I haven't spent much time around the zone other than snagging badges since those changes went in.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later

It's not Echo: Mercy Island Golf Course, but the current behaviour from Brawl is pretty -out there- right now.

So . . . what's the verdict?  

Are we counting this as a win?  

Did we successfully convince the Devs to Officially Approve Hellion Golf, if even only for a single day and not isolated solely to Hellions, or using a golf club?

• 4 weeks later