Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

2 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I just replaced ScreamPBAOE with silence, and now I do hear the taunt (the female version in my case). Maybe it's just more subtle on females because I didn't hear it in the first test before I silenced ScreamPBAOE.

I have subsequently silenced FemTaunt2 and now Dreadful Wail is complete silent for me.

If you were able to modify ScreamPBAOE.ogg with silence and actually get silence in game, that means it actually can be modified, that it is not server side, and that the game uses two SFX files simultaneously to produce the desired SFX.

This is good news!

One minor clarification: It is only completely silent now if I don't hit any enemies. If enemies are in range, I hear the sonichit2 sound when it hits them.

The paths for the two sounds I silenced are (starting from the data folder):

data\sound\Ogg\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

data\sound\Ogg\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

• Like 1

Bon au final j’ai fait la vidéo dans la foule ^^

Si certains sur envie de regarder la vidéo pour me donner leur avis 😉

Je mets le zip en dessous au cas où lol.

Well in the end I made the video in the crowd ^^

If some people want to watch the video to give me their opinion 😉

I put the zip underneath in case lol.

https://youtu.be/K09qyfGujyo

Screamer.zip

Edited by Blyzzard
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

One minor clarification: It is only completely silent now if I don't hit any enemies. If enemies are in range, I hear the sonichit2 sound when it hits them.

The paths for the two sounds I silenced are (starting from the data folder):

data\sound\Ogg\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

data\sound\Ogg\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

Then that would be everything @Blyzzard needs to complete his/her Mod.

So, here are all the files required to modify the Dreadful Wail SFX

1. ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg
  2. sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg
  3. FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg
  4. MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

Great minds coming together to help a fellow player out. This is what City of Heroes is all about! Thanks for stepping in, @AboveTheChemist!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blyzzard said:

Bon au final j’ai fait la vidéo dans la foule ^^

Si certains sur envie de regarder la vidéo pour me donner leur avis 😉

Je mets le zip en dessous au cas où lol.

Well in the end I made the video in the crowd ^^

If some people want to watch the video to give me their opinion 😉

I put the zip underneath in case lol.

https://youtu.be/4nANEtPNQ2c

Screamer.zip 370.04 kB · 1 download

Real quick, making videos of City of Heroes is (as of right now) against the EULA and can get you banned. I suggest deleting the video and remaking it by blacking the video portion out so it plays sound only....this is allowed. Good luck!

P.S. I like it! Be sure to upload it to the CoH Modd Tool!

Edited by Solarverse

2 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Real quick, making videos of City of Heroes is (as of right now) against the EULA and can get you banned. I suggest deleting the video and remaking it by blacking the video portion out so it plays sound only....this is allowed. Good luck!

P.S. I like it! Be sure to upload it to the CoH Modd Tool!

ha... ok thank you

7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Then that would be everything @Blyzzard needs to complete his/her Mod.

So, here are all the files required to modify the Dreadful Wail SFX

1. ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg
  2. sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg
  3. FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg
  4. MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

Great minds coming together to help a fellow player out. This is what City of Heroes is all about! Thanks for stepping in, @AboveTheChemist!

Ha intéressant 🙂

Donc comment je dois faire ?

Comme ça ?

1) FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg

ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

2) MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

Si oui donnez moi les fichiers .ogg et je le fais, mais techniquement ce ne sont que des hurlements donc homme ou femme ce n'est pas important personne ne fera la différence lol.

NB : j'ai changé la video dans mon post initial l'image est noire, et il n'y a que le son. Si je peux finir mon mod je referais une vidéo complète et définitive.

Ha interesting 🙂

So how do I do it?

Like this?

1) FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

2) MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

If so give me the .ogg files and I'll do it, but technically it's just screaming so man or woman it doesn't matter no one will make the difference lol.

NB : I changed the video in my initial post the image is black, and there is only the sound. If I can finish my mod I will make a complete and definitive video.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

51 minutes ago, Blyzzard said:

Ha intéressant 🙂

Donc comment je dois faire ?

Comme ça ?

1) FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

2) MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

Si oui donnez moi les fichiers .ogg et je le fais, mais techniquement ce ne sont que des hurlements donc homme ou femme ce n'est pas important personne ne fera la différence lol.

NB : j'ai changé la video dans mon post initial l'image est noire, et il n'y a que le son. Si je peux finir mon mod je referais une vidéo complète et définitive.

Ha interesting 🙂

So how do I do it?

Like this?

1) FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

2) MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

If so give me the .ogg files and I'll do it, but technically it's just screaming so man or woman it doesn't matter no one will make the difference lol.

NB : I changed the video in my initial post the image is black, and there is only the sound. If I can finish my mod I will make a complete and definitive video.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

No, you would only need the .ogg file and change the name of the file to the associated Sound Effect. You would not need Sonichit2 twice, you would only need one of each. So it would look something like this;

Femtaunt2

sonichit2

ScreamPBAOE

MaleTaunt2

Just make sure the files go to the correct folder and you're good to go!

NEW IMPROVEMENTS NOW AVAILABLE

Updated Mods listed with current versions

If your version does not match, please update to the latest version

If you are happy with what you have, ignore and keep what you have.

Flight Realistic SFX Mod (v4)
Kinetic Melee Soul Mage Mod (v2)

Lightning Improved SFX Mod (v2)

Psionic Blast Movie SFX Mod (v2)

Slight Claws Adjustments Mod (v4)

Terminator Plasma Rifle SFX for Beam Rifle (v6)

Frozen Foot Stomp SFX Mod (v2)

Hasten Optional SFX (v2)

Merc Terminator SFX Mod (v3)

OG Male Taunt (v2)

Psionic Blast Movie SFX Mod (v6)

Aggressive Savage Melee (v4)

Edited by Solarverse

Hey Solarverse - EXTRA SPECIAL REQUEST, if I may?

Can you recreate- restore the ORIGINAL fulcrum shift sound?

The one that Sounded like Siphon Power on Steroids?  It seems like the old FS sound was just the sound from siphon power with multiple responses.

It sounded awesome.

I'm thinking it's a simple extract and rename.

Any who I looked up the files In the Rosetta stone

How do I turn this

powers\kinetics\kinsiphonpower.fx  = sound\ogg\powers\kinetic2
powers\kinetics\kinsiphonpowerhit.fx  = sound\ogg\powers\kinetic 4

into this?

POWERS\KINETICS\KINTRANSFER.FX    SOUND\OGG\V_POWERS\FULCRUMSHIFT1
POWERS\KINETICS\KINTRANSFER.FX    SOUND\OGG\V_POWERS\FULCRUMSHIFT2

How to extract them so that I can rename them?

Edited by Captain Yesterday

2 hours ago, Captain Yesterday said:

Hey Solarverse - EXTRA SPECIAL REQUEST, if I may?

Can you recreate- restore the ORIGINAL fulcrum shift sound?

The one that Sounded like Siphon Power on Steroids?  It seems like the old FS sound was just the sound from siphon power with multiple responses.

It sounded awesome.

I'm thinking it's a simple extract and rename.

Any who I looked up the files In the Rosetta stone

How do I turn this

powers\kinetics\kinsiphonpower.fx  = sound\ogg\powers\kinetic2
powers\kinetics\kinsiphonpowerhit.fx  = sound\ogg\powers\kinetic 4

into this?

POWERS\KINETICS\KINTRANSFER.FX    SOUND\OGG\V_POWERS\FULCRUMSHIFT1
POWERS\KINETICS\KINTRANSFER.FX    SOUND\OGG\V_POWERS\FULCRUMSHIFT2

How to extract them so that I can rename them?

Unfortunately no. That is done on server side and we have no control over that. They did the same thing with the Healing abilities on Empaths and on Pain Domination. It really irked the hell out of me how they took away the stacking SFX. What I can do is possibly produce a mock sfx file for it that is stacked and has the Siphon Power effect with it, and then stack them myself. The only issue with this is, it will sound stacked like that even if you only hit one person/npc with it.

I tried doing this with the Pain Dom and Empath heals, but since they share the same file as Kinetics Heal, it made the Kinetics Heal EXTREMELY LOUD! So I had to drop it back to the original file. The OG Devs really did a number when they removed the stacking effects without making it an option and really pissed a lot of us off over it.

But yeah, if you don't mind the stacking effect every single time you use it regardless of how many players and NPCs it hits, then I'll put one together for ya at some point in the near future.

AGGRESSIVE SAVAGE MELEE!

Aggressive Savage Melee Mod is now available exclusively on the CoH Modd Tool. This gives Savage Melee a much more aggressive sound effects that pulls from Dark Melee and Mako along with some random animal growls to boot. This mod may change a tad in the future and will be added to the list of Mod versions in the near future!

15 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Unfortunately no. That is done on server side and we have no control over that. They did the same thing with the Healing abilities on Empaths and on Pain Domination. It really irked the hell out of me how they took away the stacking SFX. What I can do is possibly produce a mock sfx file for it that is stacked and has the Siphon Power effect with it, and then stack them myself. The only issue with this is, it will sound stacked like that even if you only hit one person/npc with it.

I tried doing this with the Pain Dom and Empath heals, but since they share the same file as Kinetics Heal, it made the Kinetics Heal EXTREMELY LOUD! So I had to drop it back to the original file. The OG Devs really did a number when they removed the stacking effects without making it an option and really pissed a lot of us off over it.

But yeah, if you don't mind the stacking effect every single time you use it regardless of how many players and NPCs it hits, then I'll put one together for ya at some point in the near future.

Yes please. I would love to hear the stacked fulcrum shift effect again. Even if I only hit 1.

And I bet the rest of the kin players, (now that there are so many) especially the ones who never heard it before in the original game, would lose their minds to it.

Thank you for your offer. And thank you for your prompt reply.

Edit: Could you also publish it in .zip? My computer's version of windows has decide not to let the COH mod program function properly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Yesterday said:

Yes please. I would love to hear the stacked fulcrum shift effect again. Even if I only hit 1.

And I bet the rest of the kin players, (now that there are so many) especially the ones who never heard it before in the original game, would lose their minds to it.

Thank you for your offer. And thank you for your prompt reply.

Edit: Could you also publish it in .zip? My computer's version of windows has decide not to let the COH mod program function properly.

Bad news. The original Devs (I am pretty fired up about this) removed the hit file all together. As in it no longer exists. The only sounds you hear are coming from you now. So instead of removing the stacking effect, it would seem they might have gotten an attitude and just removed the hit file all together. I guess when the Devs got tired of hearing people who wanted the Devs to tone down sounds in game, they just said screw it and removed the file all together.

This is a huge shame because by them removing the stacking effect, I stopped playing Kin because of it. I did some serious testing and that sound is just...gone...with no way for me to return the sound. This is why the ability is so lack luster now. I even tried giving it a stacking effect from the player's perspective, but it was just too distorted to be even worth it due to the sound being multiplied on one bite instead of that one bite being played simultaneously but separate to prevent distortion. That was just a real crappy thing to do, man. Whoever was in charge of that decision was just being a complete ass about it.

Sorry man, but that has me in a real shitty mood right now and I am going to stop there before I say anything else that I will regret later.

Edited by Solarverse

@Captain Yesterday, I just created a thread over on the suggestion forums in an attempt to bring that file back. It's the best chance we have of getting it back right now, so if you don't mind lending the support, head on over and explain how much you miss that sound and why you support bringing it back. Thanks in advanced.

The thread is below.

Wow, who knew that fulcrum shift was so serious? I'm on my way there.

Why does everything I like about this game and want to enhance seem simple, but in reality exists as a semi-impossibility on a road leading to potential/likely bureaucratic/development nightmare?

I'm talkin regen, nerfs, farmz, missions, and now sounds?

-.-

Sheesh!

6 hours ago, Captain Yesterday said:

Wow, who knew that fulcrum shift was so serious? I'm on my way there.

Why does everything I like about this game and want to enhance seem simple, but in reality exists as a semi-impossibility on a road leading to potential/likely bureaucratic/development nightmare?

I'm talkin regen, nerfs, farmz, missions, and now sounds?

-.-

Sheesh!

Man, I have been defending sounds in this game since way early on during live. It's partially what motivated me to make Sound Mods. One of my first mods was bringing back the "whine/hum" that Peace Bringers had but was taken away. From there, I went nuts with Sound Mods, heh. And now, the battle continues!

On 4/5/2020 at 8:13 AM, damienray said:

The lightning sound effects are great! TY. Anyone know by chance what sound file the Zapping Bolt from Sentinel uses? Seems to be the only one not changed by these effects and I can prob just copy over one of the others. 🙂 Thx

So, I finally found that file for Zap. I added a new SFX to it, but I won't be able to update the mod until the CoH Mod Tool comes back online. So keep your eyes out and I will post back when it is uploaded.

@damienray Okay, it's uploaded. Enjoy your new updated version of the Lightning SFX with the new Snipe SFX! Sorry it took so long, that file was hidden pretty good.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

NEW MOD VERSION UPDATE

If your mod does not have the current version listed below, please remove the mod and uninstall it and install it again to update the version.

I suggest creating a backup of your current zip file just in case you dislike the newer versions that way you can always replace the new back with the old.

AGGRESSIVE SAVAGE MELEE (V6)

FLIGHT REALISTIC SFX MOD (V4)

FROZEN FOOT STOMP SFX MOD (V3)

HASTEN OPTIONAL SFX (V2)

KINETIC MELEE SOUL MAGE MOD (V2)

LIGHTNING IMPROVED SFX MOD *NOW WITH ZAP* (V4)

MERC TERMINATOR SFX MOD (V6)

NO FADE ORBITING DEATH SFX MOD (V3)

OG MALE TAUNT SFX MOD (V2)

PSIONIC BLAST MOVIE SFX MOD (V8)

SLIGHT CLAWS ADJUSTMENTS MOD (V5)

STALKER OG SFX MOD (V3)

TERMINATOR PLASMA RIFLE SFX FOR BEAM RIFLE (V7)

Edited by Solarverse

On 4/17/2020 at 7:50 PM, Alpha-One said:

Do you take requests? I love the Bots' transformers SFX, but what would be awesome is giving Mercs the ol' 80s A-Team/Rambo fake gunfire SFX. 😄

That may happen soon. I made a Terminator Plasma Rifle SFX Mod for Mercs, so now that I have all of the files for them, I may put something like this together. In the meantime, I suggest trying out the Terminator Plasma Rifle Mod for Mercs and see how you like that, you might just decide you like that better.

On 8/19/2020 at 10:47 PM, CrazyIvan said:

So... This is probably a real noob question, and thank you in advance for not throwing things at me, but... I opened my folder for CoH, and I do have a 'data' folder, but it goes text-->English-->Menus. Should I be making a sound folder in there? I really want to amp up some of my audio for game play, but I'm a technophobe at heart and I don't want to end up breaking something!

I am sorry that I missed this, I have just seen it. Yes, you will need a sound folder, however, with the new CoH Modder Tool you won't need to worry about it. if you use the Modder Tool, it will put all the files you need into your CoH folder for you.

On 8/26/2020 at 1:41 PM, Jaguaratron said:

Any chance you could do something with staff sounds? every animation sounds like its using a hollow bamboo rod and its a little jarring to me.

and @Snowsarn About the only thing I can think of would maybe be the sound of a whistling pole, like what Neo had going on with the courtyard 100 Agent Smiths fight?

Edited by Solarverse