Uncommon Salvage Prices in Auction House

RCU7115

I'm just wondering is there a reason the uncommon salvage prices keep rising.There is always more on the market than being bought. Just a few weeks ago it was still selling at  1k now it's climbed up to 20-25k. I can afford to pay that price but I refuse to. I just go to the AE and do a quick farm run for tickets and get my uncommon salvage there. I just think it's unfair for the newer players that might no be able to afford them as the uncommon salvage is as expensive or more expensive than it cost to make the lower level enhancements.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There's a pretty substantial thread about this with a variety of ideas in there. And a lot of other things. It went off track.

Also this one in the market forums.

Whatever the cause, I'd just encourage people to sell their yellow salvage on the market rather than to shops. Everyone wins in the long run. Not by much, but it's still a win.

I've started collecting yellow salvage in my SG base now, along with the orange.  The white is still vendor trash.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I encourage people to bid at the current price, that way you'll get them at the same rate the person who just bid does. You share the loot, and one of you isn't shafting the other person.

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

16 hours ago, Lines said:

There's a pretty substantial thread about this with a variety of ideas in there. And a lot of other things. It went off track.

Oh dear, my screenshot is the representative image for that trainwreck of a thread. Not sure how I feel about that.

16 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

I've started collecting yellow salvage in my SG base now, along with the orange.

I've been collecting yellow salvage in my base for a while and it's typically been more than enough to craft all my dropped recipes. I've been keeping an eye on yellow salvage in the AH, and even needed to buy one piece the other day to craft a low-level recipe, and it seems like the 'buy it reasonably quickly' price is somewhere in the 12k-13k ballpark.

• Like 1

This one is straightforward,

There's a price ceiling at 100k.

Below that, the laws of supply and demand drive price to an inevitable equilibrium point.

The price you see is due to the fact people are willing to buy at x price and other people are willing to sell at that same price.

If either party becomes unwilling, the price will inevitably shift.

There are many complicated aspects to factoring the determinates of supply and demand, but if we suppose that all but price hold steady, this is the basic concept of equilibrium.

Now, if one of those determinates changes, then the entire demand or supply curve will shift, vis a vi every point of individual demand on that curve.

Suffice it to say, no one is changing it in the medium to long term, it's simply the result of buyers and sellers meeting at equilibrium.

Want it to shift lower? Change a determinate like this: become a supplier with massive inventory, enter the market at a low price and flood the market with your product.

• Like 1

I think the biggest factor is people are using uncommon recipes to do enhancement conversion on so they can flip them on the market so people need bulk amounts of yellow salvage. I currently sell my yellow and orange salvage on the market at super low prices and then go and buy whatever I need at the time I do. I put in prices I feel I'm willing to pay. With enough alts to wait on those bids to come trough, I tend to get what I want at the price I want to.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

1 minute ago, Sakai said:

I wonder if the guy got his birdhouse and as a result got a little something extra. 

• Like 2

@Rathstar

2 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

That thread is a thing of beauty and was a lot of fun. 

I use the term 'trainwreck' in the most affectionate way possible, of course. It was a roller coaster, to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dual-client and get a farmer on both accounts.  Alternate between them semi-regularly, and the only thing you'll need the market for is a place to dump your garbage.  

Those of you who continue to profess a belief in the Users will receive the standard, substandard training which will result in your eventual elimination.
That will be all.

15 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

Incidentally, the last few days I feel like yellow salvage has decreased in price. I am now able to consistently buy it now at 15k as opposed to 50-100k a week ago. 

Same.  I've been posting any yellow salvage to sell at 10K.

@Rathstar

5 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Incidentally, the last few days I feel like yellow salvage has decreased in price. I am now able to consistently buy it now at 15k as opposed to 50-100k a week ago. 

Thus, the forces of economics proven accurate, as buyers and sellers reach equilibrium.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:44 AM, roleki said:

Dual-client and get a farmer on both accounts.  Alternate between them semi-regularly, and the only thing you'll need the market for is a place to dump your garbage.  

I already Triple-box. Like I said I can easily afford it but the newer players can not. The dev team should've put a 10k limit on the uncommon salvage and a million on the rare.

1 minute ago, RCU7115 said:

I already Triple-box. Like I said I can easily afford it but the newer players can not. The dev team should've put a 10k limit on the uncommon salvage and a million on the rare.

The rare salvage is soft-capped at 1 million each.  The devs seeded 1 m b zillion rare salvage into the market at 1 million inf each.

Edited by Obus Form
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

I know, I was a newer player when I started dual-boxing.  I feel empathy for people who don't want to go through THOSE hoops - because they shouldn't HAVE to - but there are a million ways to earn inf (and salvage) in-game, and eventually, everyone can afford what they want.  Keyword being 'eventually' - if you value your time at all, you'll dual-box and sidestep these Gordon Gecko wannabes completely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those of you who continue to profess a belief in the Users will receive the standard, substandard training which will result in your eventual elimination.
That will be all.

41 minutes ago, Obus Form said:

The rare salvage is soft-capped at 1 million each.  The devs seeded 1 m b zillion rare salvage into the market at 1 million inf each.

I couldn't remember the amount they said it would be capped at, that's nice to hear.