Choose the 16th Anniversary Badge name!

The Curator

16th Anniversary Badge  

703 members have voted

1. 1. What should the 16th Anniversary badge be called?

• Sweet
    • Resurgent
    • Legendary

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/20 at 11:00 PM

• Developer

gPnJi8G.png

This badge needs a name!

Two weeks ago, we asked you for suggestions for the 16th Anniversary badge name. Now it's time to vote!

Sweet was proposed multiple times, with "Sweet Sixteen" being a counterpart of "Lucky Seven" (Lucky being the 7th Anniversary badge name). Not a lot to say here: it's a cute punny name.

There were several suggestions on the idea of a Rebirth or Resurrection. Rather than have multiple similar answers and split the vote, we picked one word to match that theme: Resurgent, which means "reviving after a period of little activity". That specific word was chosen because the final release of the game before shutdown was Issue 24: Resurgence, so this name ties the two eras of the game together in a meaningful way.

If neither punny nor nostalgic names are your thing, the third choice ties a bit to the in-game lore. Greek mythology features prominently in City of Heroes, with Statesman, Imperious and Tyrant all being Incarnates of Zeus, and Prometheus himself hanging out in Ouroboros. All those stories were passed down the generations in legends, and now you can also choose to be Legendary.

Those are the options! The poll will run for a week The winning badge name will be automatically awarded during the entire month of May.

I feel the title, and its meaning should be able to stand on its own, with no explanation necessary.  "Sweet" as in part of "Sweet Sixteen" doesn't meet the criteria for me.  Plus, there is isn't a single character in my pantheon that I feel any permutation of the word "sweet" applies to, in any context.  "Resurgent", and "Legendary", on the other hand, does.  I voted for the former, but I'd be fine with the latter.  Just my .02 of a dollars worth there.

• Thanks 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

I went with "sweet".  The other badge names could be used for future badges (they're not number-specific), but sweet 16 only comes around once, and I have a few characters who would like to have that badge title, and I doubt that there would be another opportunity for such a badge in future.

• Like 5

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

• Jimmy featured this topic
23 hours ago, Pizzamurai said:

Out of those three options, Resurgent makes the most sense and feels right to me. 

It's pretty close to the Repatriate I suggested. Cool 'cause the meaning behind the choice is similar. ^.^

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 hour ago, Apogee said:

Should really do Sweet (16) this year and save Resurgent for 17, then Legendary for 18 and Platinum for 20.  Then we just need to come up with a name for 19.

We should skip Anything '20 for a while until the wounds heal. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 4/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, Shocktacular said:

I went with "sweet".  The other badge names could be used for future badges (they're not number-specific), but sweet 16 only comes around once, and I have a few characters who would like to have that badge title, and I doubt that there would be another opportunity for such a badge in future.

I think the only toon that could properly pull off the title "Sweet" would be a Dancing Demon with such wicked threads you'd swear has his own jazz soundtrack and reminds you of Hinton Battle. 🙂

1 hour ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Legendary does sound like a good Badge title too, but sounds to me like something a player who has 100% completed all 10 tiers of Incarnate Powers should get.  Considering we're only up to 6, it may take a while before that time comes to pass, though.

Of course not. That title would be "Godlike"

Dude, SWEET!

I feel like "Legendary" is a badge already... anyone else?

(I mean, i know it's easy to check the badge list..but it just seems like that would be in there)

Edited by Eerie72

-Brought to you by Damage Inc.