Overpaid on Catalysts

Techno

7 hours ago, Techno said:

I just bought 30 Catalysts for 25million each, absolutely gutted

image.png.d43414ccbcfaa21c45db2bcfda68c525.png

A few days and you’ll be back up again.  Meanwhile some level 9 blaster is currently delving into MIDS and dreaming of the build they’ve always wanted but couldn’t afford.

Let that thought warm your heart in your cold, ebil chest.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Crysis said:

A few days and you’ll be back up again.  Meanwhile some level 9 blaster is currently delving into MIDS and dreaming of the build they’ve always wanted but couldn’t afford.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later

I know this pain.
image.png.3c1bc49e438014ea83f0df9f185704b5.png
I ordered 2 at that price (was getting the whole set), then wondered why I couldn't buy the next one before I realized what had happened.

I took a break for the rest of the night.

Edited by Eclipse.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Eclipse. said:

2 someones. I burned 1.6Billion on 2 ATOs T-T

If those were mine and you made that mistake, I would refund you influence for anything past their market value. Unfortunately, I don’t tend to sell ATOs, since I use gathering them for my next character choice.😂

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

10 hours ago, Eclipse. said:

I know this pain.
image.png.3c1bc49e438014ea83f0df9f185704b5.png
I ordered 2 at that price (was getting the whole set), then wondered why I couldn't buy the next one before I realized what had happened.

I took a break for the rest of the night.

Holy cow. Sorry for your loss.

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

to avoid this, I usually "deposit" my inf in stashes of 100m in the email. So at any given time, my toons will have at the most only 100m working fund. Not a complete solution (yes, I too have entered the additional zero more than once) but it keeps losses down a bit. 😃

• 2 weeks later

Worst I did was buy a defense unique for 100m instead of 10m. This was for my very first set IO build and was before I started doing the converter routine to make money.  It wiped me out completely. 

It was pretty crushing. But it turned me on to converters because I needed a way to make back my influence to fund my first set IO build. 

I didn't even adopt the standard of ending all bids with something other than a 0 to avoid overbidding, but I do believe it's helped mitigate against this.  Ending a bid with my "signature" amount makes me more mindful of the commas involved and has definitely made me aware of times I got carried away with button pushing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later