Something you won't see every day...

Ukase

26 minutes ago, Patti said:

What is it?

A villain made it into City Hall (you can see him highlighted near the doors). I saw this happen once a while back too (although it might have been at a university). It honestly freaked me out for a sec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I used to Wormhole mobs into the interior of buildings all the time on Live.  I've done it on HC just to see if it still worked, and it does 🙂

• Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 5/31/2020 at 1:02 AM, roleki said:

I used to Wormhole mobs into the interior of buildings all the time on Live.  I've done it on HC just to see if it still worked, and it does 🙂

Is this why I once saw a lot of troll mobs hanging out at the Steel Canyon tram station?

48 minutes ago, Oginth said:

Is this why I once saw a lot of troll mobs hanging out at the Steel Canyon tram station?

If you were on Victory, then, probably 🙂  

11 hours ago, Ukase said:

Hmm....I wonder if I could worm hole some npcs into my SG base....

Nope.  And I know you've been around long enough to know why, but I'll explain for anyone who doesn't know how this works.

The SG bases are instanced maps, just like a mission map.  As such, they are effectively a different world - there is no measurable distance from the zone you left to the interior of the base.

However, map features like City Hall, stores, the arena are actually on the same map but hidden far below ground level.  This is why you can target a teammate who is in a store - they're somewhere on the same map.  This is also why you can access the auction house from City Hall or a store but NOT from a supergroup base or a mission map.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Yeah, I knew that..but I hadn't actually thought about it, if that makes any sense. I've used tp foe enough to realize that if you can't keep the NPC targeted, you can't port them. 

On 6/1/2020 at 12:43 AM, ImpousVileTerror said:

Or Tsoo and Outcasts getting along in Steel Canyon shops, also on Victory . . . 

screenshot_2004-12-09-18-04-01.thumb.jpg.a897fa3d0bfd5ce54a9585106bb7e4f1.jpg

circa 2004-12-09

If that was on Victory, there's a nonzero chance that was my handiwork.  But, Victory was also the unofficial Goon server back then, so you kind of learned to expect weird stuff to happen there.