Should I Continue The Archetype Challenge?

BasherBot

Archetype Challenge?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you all like me to continue or restart the Archetype Challenge?

• Yes, Definitely
    • No, it's not all that interesting

12 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

221 Stalker Combos, or 17 Stalkers minimum to get one with each Power Set.

144 Controller Combos, or 16 Controllers minimum.

247 Scrapper Combos, or 19 minimum.

169 Blaster Combos, or 13 minimum.

88 Dominator Combos, or 11 minimum.

286 Brute Combos, or 22 minimum.

264 Tanker Combos, or 22 minimum.

156 Sentinel Combos, or 13 minimum.

208 Corruptor Combos, or 16 minimum.

112 Mastermind Combos, or 16 minimum.

208 Defender Combos, or 16 minimum.

3 Widow Builds.

3 Soldier Builds.

2 Peacebringer.

2 Warshade.

Grand totals of:

2113 unique combinations

or

191 with minimal Set repetition for each Archetype.

or

88 if we treat Sets as "the same thing" between different Archetypes.

(Note:  This was slapped together without proofreading or error correction.   Numbers may have been calculated incorrectly.)

I dub thee... KING OF MATH!

I think one of the actual Kings of Math might take  . . . "concern" at that.

@Bopperprobably has the strongest claim to that crown right now.  They're so math'y that they didn't realize that most people didn't know what the significance of a sigma sign was in an equation.

(Also, "king" is not the appropriate royal title for me regardless.)

I'll gladly take "Monarch of Tentacles," as my royal title though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

@Bopperprobably has the strongest claim to that crown right now.  They're so math'y that they didn't realize that most people didn't know what the significance of a sigma sign was in an equation.

You still have my thanks for doing the math I'm too lazy to do XD

• Like 1

I'm gonna give this a few days for everyone to discuss and allow more votes to pile up (and give myself time to plan a system out)

For the meantime, I'll be on a Natural Rad/Fast Healing Brute called Radiant Gem on Excelsior. Hope to talk to ya all soon and don't be afraid to ask any questions here or in game :3

49 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

I'll trade you "King of Math" for that sweet "Monarch of Tentacles" title. I'll even throw in a "Prince of Permutations"

• Haha 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

2 Peacebringer.

2 Warshade.

... eh?  If they're doing one of each combination of powersets, it would only be 1 PB, 1 WS.  (THough I'd encourage using alt builds to try out triform vs humanform!)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

3 Widow Builds.

3 Soldier Builds.

2 Peacebringer.

2 Warshade.

Grand totals of:

2113 unique combinations

or

or

(Note:  This was slapped together without proofreading or error correction.   Numbers may have been calculated incorrectly.)

Wow, that's one hell of a challenge. God speed to you Basherbot, and good luck slogging through the AT and power set combos you don't like.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

I haven’t read the whole thread so sorry in advance. I voted no as I think it’s too much of a mammoth task and not sure it’s particularly healthy (sorry!).

However if you were really keen, I’d say redraw the parameters of this project so you can have more fun with it. 
What I think would be more fun and a little more doable would be to have every 1 of every powerset, and never having the same powerset on the same AT twice (unless absolutely impossible). 
So for example take Masterminds, create a Mastermind for every primary, and have a different secondary every time. 
You could plan out the combos before you start.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

I have fallen in love with sentinels.  I have 32 or 34 or something of them.  I started with one of every primary and one of every secondary and am working towards one of every available.  

If you are going to do this, I suggest you focus on an AT you like, maybe 2 so you can have at least 2 toons to switch between and not get too bored.  

EDIT: for completeness Khelds would be 4 each, human only, tri-form, human-squid, human-lobster.  May be other hidden combos like that in Arachnos, I stopped at 2 of each but you can easily do 3 of each if your 24 respec keeps basic powers, or 5 versions each if they can be mixed and matched (widow, fortunata, basic, basic-widow, basic-fortunata; bane, crab, basic, basic-bane, basic-crab).

Edited by EmmySky

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

I have fallen in love with sentinels.  I have 32 or 34 or something of them.  I started with one of every primary and one of every secondary and am working towards one of every available.  

If you are going to do this, I suggest you focus on an AT you like, maybe 2 so you can have at least 2 toons to switch between and not get too bored.  

EDIT: for completeness Khelds would be 4 each, human only, tri-form, human-squid, human-lobster.  May be other hidden combos like that in Arachnos, I stopped at 2 of each but you can easily do 3 of each if your 24 respec keeps basic powers, or 5 versions each if they can be mixed and matched (widow, fortunata, basic, basic-widow, basic-fortunata; bane, crab, basic, basic-bane, basic-crab).

I actually had planned to do 2-3 toons for this, funny enough

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

3 Widow Builds.

3 Soldier Builds.

2 Peacebringer.

2 Warshade.

Grand totals of:

2113 unique combinations

or

or

I hit up an NPC who's name starts with an "M" and checked my play time on my last couple of 50's (I only have 3 total at this time) right near when they hit level 50.  I took 60 hours and 75 hours on the two to reach that level with the way I play and level up.  Even shaving that down to about 50 hours per 50, and even playing 16 hours a day, it'd take me about 18 years to play all 2113 combo's to 50 with the way I like to play.  I don't think I'll be trying this myself, but good luck to you @BasherBot😄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah if someone told me they could have both 2113 playable level 50’s AND a meaningful, fruitful life, I would unfortunately have to call bullshit. For that reason, it’s a hard no from me. Don’t destroy your life for a video game please.

3 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

Yeah if someone told me they could have both 2113 playable level 50’s AND a meaningful, fruitful life, I would unfortunately have to call bullshit. For that reason, it’s a hard no from me. Don’t destroy your life for a video game please.

considering I lack the meaningful, fruitful life you are afraid I'll destroy... I'll stick with this (plus I would no doubt slow down once I got a job)

4 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Ok, so, a full team of 8, let's see . . . 

Each player being responsible for roughly 264 characters, with someone picking up the slack and grabbing the loose extra.

OR

Each player doing 24 characters, with someone only needing to do 23 instead.

I would need to find 7 other people as crazy as me for that to work lol

I'm afraid I've got my own craziness to attend to.
 . . . I'm not sure if I should say it now, or wait until I've got the first 80-or-so of them done . . . 

Suffice it to say, it involved extensive research from sources such as the New York City census.

In any event; I wish you much luck and enjoyment!

• Thanks 1

You know if you want to make this a little bit easier, you should create a farmer on a second account. You could then power level these alts to say level 35, and then level up normal from there. You would get past the tedium of the early levels and have a most of your powers making it easier to level them out. Plus you would be generating the funds to equip them.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

8 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Alternatively, if you didn't mind not playing a set though to level 50, but wanted to see how it worked, you could always use the alternate builds on the same character. That would mean that one Kheld could be Tri-form, Lobster-human, and Squid-Human...depending on which build you had selected at the time.

But, that would defeat the purpose of this endeavor, I know.

Alright, it's a final, I'll be going back to the challenge and revamping the thread either tomorrow or friday.

If anyone has any build suggestions, feel free to let me know so I can throw a few of them in a poll and let the community decide who my secondary lvling boi will be (A Rad/FH Brute/scrapper is off the table, one could talk me into doing a FH/Rad Tanker)