Auto on 2 powers

So currently we can set 1 power to auto use whenever it refills. I think the majority of people i know set this as Hasten except in a few cases. 

Is there any chance we could raise this so we could have 2 powers? For ATs like Doms or anyone with essential clicks that effect defence like Farsight and Mind Link this would be a huge game changer and honestly a lot more fun. It's a pain in the ass when rolling through mobs to suddenly drop dead because you forgot to click Mind Link .

There is a way to bind Domination and Hasten to movement keys which makes them "near auto" or at least very close. The method below works for every power in the game that's a clickie (minus some oddball rule breakers like Active Defense).

Beyond that, I'm not really persuaded one way or another that this *needs* to be a thing. I think it's really not that big of a deal honestly with the workaround.

Edited by Zeraphia

May want to see if you can do something with that text color.

Personally, I'm wary of this. One of those "power creep" things. Of course, I rarely take Hasten and never intentionally perma anything, so I don't have much of a dog in this race other than being wary of said power creep.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

This gets suggested a lot (and I recall it coming up fairly often back on live). The problem is that while it would be great for dominators or melees that have clicky mez protection it would also benefit afk farming and that's something the devs have already expressed reservations about. My advice is always the same; put the shorter recharging thing on auto and get used to monitoring the cooldown of the longer, usually hasten. I also find that even when I just have hasten on auto I'm queueing up so many attacks that it often has to sit there waiting to go off until I notice that it's ready and pause to let it happen. At that point the functional difference between it being on auto and me firing it manually is minimal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Personally, I'm wary of this. One of those "power creep" things. Of course, I rarely take Hasten and never intentionally perma anything, so I don't have much of a dog in this race other than being wary of said power creep.

There is nothing I can do about the color unfortunately, I wish it would just provide a website link and none of that, but the OP can just click the website and boom done. 

honestly the alternative to this is to fix domination to be more like fury, something that gets better as the bar fills without the need for a clicky to activate it!  and also change the clicky mez protects to toggles like they are in newers sets.  

no  bot problem, no power creep, just lateral changes that make things better for all

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chrome said:

!  and also change the clicky mez protects to toggles like they are in newers sets.  

No thank you. I like keeping my mez protection even after being detoggled by a sapper.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, Chrome said:

honestly the alternative to this is to fix domination to be more like fury, something that gets better as the bar fills without the need for a clicky to activate it!  and also change the clicky mez protects to toggles like they are in newers sets.  

no  bot problem, no power creep, just lateral changes that make things better for all

This.

• Thanks 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

58 minutes ago, Greycat said:

No thank you. I like keeping my mez protection even after being detoggled by a sapper.

57 minutes ago, Chrome said:

or, kill the sapper before that happens..this is a non issue

Defense based sets getting detoggled by sappers? Huh?

• Haha 1

Is it possible to have an enhancement that changes a click power into a toggle power? There'd have to be careful consideration about which powers, but it'd be similar to the enhancement that changes knockback into knockdown.

The American Dream, Willpower/Kinetic Melee Tanker, Everlasting.

4 hours ago, parabola said:

This gets suggested a lot (and I recall it coming up fairly often back on live). The problem is that while it would be great for dominators or melees that have clicky mez protection it would also benefit afk farming and that's something the devs have already expressed reservations about. My advice is always the same; put the shorter recharging thing on auto and get used to monitoring the cooldown of the longer, usually hasten. I also find that even when I just have hasten on auto I'm queueing up so many attacks that it often has to sit there waiting to go off until I notice that it's ready and pause to let it happen. At that point the functional difference between it being on auto and me firing it manually is minimal.

QFT.   This is exactly what I do on my Plant/Psi dom.   Domination is auto'd.  Hasten, I have to manually click.   It's not that bad. 

now, of course, my Dominator is a Committed Villain, and has the Villain Alignment power (Frenzy), so I do have a "Fill my bar on demand, now-dammit-now" backup if I accidentally lose Domination. I tend to go 8 missions in a row with zero problems before that happens though. It's really not that hard to manually manage it once you get used to it.

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

Also clicky mez protection is superior because you can often have 2 or even THREE stacks of it running at once. 

That really spikes the magnitude of mez protection you have.

A toggle would only ever have just the base values, meaning it would take far less Hold's or Knockbacks to affect my character.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrome said:

No thanks. i like it as is. This would not be a better change to me. If I wanted a fury mechanic all the time I'd just play Brutes all the time.

• Like 3

On 6/17/2020 at 7:24 AM, Greycat said:

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED! LETS DO THIS! AUTO ALL THE THINGS!

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2020 at 8:42 AM, Chrome said:

No thank you, I prefer Domination and click mez protection as they are currently. 

• Like 2