Yomo's Whizbang Potpourri Extravaganza of a Giveaway!

i try to join mostly PuGs doin TFs, and if i get the impression someone is new and/or can't afford stuff, i'll send inf & say to check their in-game email. felt like this gets inf into the right hands, but def not as often as i'd like. should i maybe phrase a question that somehow makes new/broke players comfortable in speaking-up, so i get more opportunities to help?

anyway, this is really great & i'm glad to see there are other peeps seeding the population
🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later
On 6/20/2020 at 5:04 PM, SwitchFade said:

Hmm. 20 millimeters of influence. That's .78 inches of influence!

If I may paraphrase the great Ron Swanson ...

"I don't know how much money I have, but I know how many Kilograms of money I have."

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Bona Saturnalia to you, Yomo!

You exemplify the wonderfulness that makes this game such a blast.

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 6/19/2020 at 11:12 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

EDIT:  This remains in effect and will for an indefinite period of time.  Come get some!

I have decided to give away a portion of my inf for my own inscrutable reasons.  Here's how it works:

1.  You send me an in-game email to @Yomo.

2.  I send you an in-game email with 20mm inf.

FAQ:

Q:  Whut?

A:  Yup.

Q:  Why?

A:  My own inscrutable reasons.

Q:  Can I have more?

A:  Nope, and only one request per global name.

Q:  Can I have less?

A:  Nope, I will not give you one sou less than 20mm.

Q:  What if I have more than one account?

A:  Do as you will.  Make a hundred accounts!  Only one gift per global.

Q:  How long will this last?

A:  Until:  1.  I run out of disposable inf; 2.  I get really bored with it; 3.  Someone seriously griefs me and I stop my giveaway in outrage.  I highly doubt it's going to be the first one.  I'd guess not any time soon(tm), so no rush.

Q:  What's the turnaround?

A:  When I log in, I'll check my emails and respond.  I'm usually on at some point most days.  It will not be instant, but generally within 24-48 hours.

Q:  What if I send you a tell or a message on these boards?

A:  Please don't.  I'm only going to send 20mm checks to those who send me an in-game email.  I'd rather not get drowned in tells, and it certainly won't induce me to send you inf faster.

Q:  Can I tell my friends?

A:  Absolutely.  I'm only going to post this here on the boards, but if you want to tell your friends or SG or whoever is in Local chat, go right ahead.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Free Money is great.  What I need is more lawyers. Darn citizens are suing me for damages caused by me saving them.

• Haha 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

2 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

Free Money is great.  What I need is more lawyers. Darn citizens are suing me for damages caused by me saving them.

Perhaps we need to have them sign a waiver clearing us from any damages as a result of their continued existence.

Before saving them.

Excuse me, Mr. Vahzilok Mortificator, I need to get a signature from your victim before bashing your head in.  We'll be back momentarily...

• Like 1

Ya know, I have wondered why we were saving the lawyers from the Devouring Earth.  And when you save one, they always say "They were going to change us!". 

I'm not so sure that it would be so bad.  Or different.  I mean, yeah, they would look different.  I don't think they would start looking like, say, oh, sharks, or piranhas, or some other predator.  But I would think their behavior would be the same.

And didn't Shakespeare have something to say about this situation?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later
On 6/19/2020 at 7:12 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

FAQ:

Q:  Whut?

A:  Yup.

Hang on, you seem to have missed out the bit where you promise to double the ISK inf I send you...

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

• 4 weeks later

This topic is amazing, and you are an amazing person, though I will not be using this opportunity, I'm already doing well for myself.

At least, I thought I was.  Across all my characters, I have perphaps 2Bil. Now I see you with a hundred times that.  How??  Farming is effortless but only takes you so far. I'm alreary quite good at the marketing game but on a good weekend I'll do... 300-400 millions top.

Don't give me fish, teach me how to fish! 🙂 

• Like 1

When I first got back to Homecoming I was given hundreds of millions to help kit out my first main.  I was stunned.  (still am)  During the Holiday events people were giving out winter Packs like throwing frisbees.  Just show up at an event and get 1-3.

I absolutely love this about our community.  The endless free farms, the willingness to help, the willingness to give.

I am not doing something as epic as this.  However if I ever see someone in a global channel mention being "just back" or struggling to find enough to buy something I try to connect and drop 10 mil on them.  Pay it forward.

7 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I absolutely love this about our community.  The endless free farms, the willingness to help, the willingness to give.

Totally agreed. 

I often pick lowbies with my AE farmer and the only pricetag is "Keep me entertained. Tell me a joke, I don't care if it's bad. Drop one liners. Do stuff. RP.  Just don't be a idle sitter; have a little fun while you see the crazy exp come in!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Totally agreed. 

I often pick lowbies with my AE farmer and the only pricetag is "Keep me entertained. Tell me a joke, I don't care if it's bad. Drop one liners. Do stuff. RP.  Just don't be a idle sitter; have a little fun while you see the crazy exp come in!"

You would hate me.  When I doorsit I write on my book, or exercise (full covid gym in my room, squat rack and all)

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snarky said:

You would hate me.  When I doorsit I write on my book, or exercise (full covid gym in my room, squat rack and all)

Nope.

Squats are better than everything.

Would I be able to automate my farming, I'd be squatting with you!    I terribly miss my gym and the glorious squat rack and its olympic bar. 

Edited by Aeroprism
  • Haha 1

Just now, Aeroprism said:

Nope.

Squats are better than everything.

Would I be able to automate my farming, I'd be squatting with you!    I terrible miss my gym and the glorious squat rack and its olympic bar. 

I got the Inspire squat rack (4 full posts, monkey bars across top, dip attacxhments, hooks, landmines, everything) in Nov.  I ordered a padded squat bar from Rogue a month ago.  It finally shipped and will be here in a week.  I used to squat over 300 for 5x5 on a padded bar.  Have worked back up (long Covid break) to 220 on straight steel.  Dang, you feel that thing on your shoulders lol.

Sounds awesome.  You're way stronger than me! 

On my end, the issue is not financial but spatial/physical.  I chose to have two daughters and no one told me how much room space these things take 😉 

But hey, my oldest is into boxing so, we do that instead.

(Getting real off topic here, apologies!  I'm still curious to know @Yomo Kimyata`s secret!)

• Haha 1