So I made a Dom

kiramon

18 hours ago, Greycat said:

I don't have powersets. Yes, the game plays differently with different powersets, even on the same AT, which helps - but I have characters. With different reactions, different paths, different partners on their way through the game... so. Lots of RP.

Apart from this, I've started limiting myself as the concept dictates. For example, My AR/Dev Blaster is just a skilled soldier with no powers. For one thing, I just pick "normal" AR powers on him, like burst, M30, snipe and full auto. No shotgun blast, no flame thrower. Additionally, he won't be taking powers like Force bolt or Spirit Ward from the pools, rather something realistic like adrenaline or injection.

I also have a DP blaster that uses a revolver so he won't take the AoEs and the nuke, just single shot attacks. On the flip side, I could come up with another DP blaster that uses the Uzi, so only AoEs, no STs. Ultimately, the character dictates what he does in-game, not what will make him the strongest possible version of the AT/power set.

• Like 2

Thank you guys for all the various different ways I can play the game. I really love the game and have been playing since 2004 when it first started. Having it back is a great thing. Know that when it came back I had hoped that I would play with my daughter who is currently 12 years old. However no matter how hard I tried I could not get her to play for longer than 10-15 minutes and now she won’t even play it at all. That really crushed me. Curse you Roblox! So I will look into some ways you guys suggested and go about it (playing) a different way. I think I definitely need to start teaming as I find I generally just solo and that might be some of my problem.I said I wouldn’t do that when I started up on Homecoming and yet here I am doing just that. Something something about old habits hard to break…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nafsmar said:

I had hoped that I would play with my daughter who is currently 12 years old. However no matter how hard I tried I could not get her to play for longer than 10-15 minutes and now she won’t even play it at all. That really crushed me. Curse you Roblox!

Other than the age and that she's played enough to get a character into the 30s, I'm with you. Curse you Roblox!!! 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Nafsmar ugh Roblox. Same age; same response from the heir. I just don’t get the draw...

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

22 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

I deleted 6 characters last night.  It actually helped me choose a character to play.  Am I the only one who feels the 1000 character slots makes it harder to commit to a character?  

I make it a point to commit to as little as possible in life.

37 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

I deleted 6 characters last night.  It actually helped me choose a character to play.  Am I the only one who feels the 1000 character slots makes it harder to commit to a character?  

Yes. 🙂

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, 0th Power said:

Editing is the unsung hero of creativity. Keep it up! *deletes two characters in solidarity*

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

You know you can sort them, right? Just stick the others on the farthest tab you can, no need for.... (Shawn Spenser voice) Murder!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I was in the character selection screen for about 45 minutes last night before I deleted them.  I was like, “What about... no...”

Finally got tired of looking at some of them. On a plus side, I spent the influence on a small orange (~600k) and a clockwork winder (~800k) before I deleted 2 of them. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

Finally got tired of looking at some of them. On a plus side, I spent the influence on a small orange (~600k) and a clockwork winder (~800k) before I deleted 2 of them. 

small orange.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 7/31/2020 at 1:48 AM, Nafsmar said:

How do you guys keep that kind of interest in this game?

I dont know..but to me, the fact that the OP farmed 3 (was it 3?) toons to 50 and beyond in a few days, really does not show a huge interest in the game. It shows an interest in AE. Sure, you can argue that doing a toon that way SAVES time, in case you dont like it..but it just seems so boring to me.

• Like 1

I have ...I really don't know, maybe 25-30 level 50+3, all t-4'd.  I can't stake my life on it - but odds are, many of them I'll never play again. But deleting them? I don't need the inf, nor the IOs within. Almost all of them are vet levels 12-18. I see no value in deleting them, when I could simply "Vet-PL" them for the emp merits to pass on to alts. But that's really not much fun. At least, not to me. 

I do think - why not delete them? I've little interest in playing the ice sentinel again. Nor the water/time corruptor. Both are sturdy, and somewhat enjoyable to play. But neither are going to gain any attention for DPS. I solo 95% of the time, and DPS is important. The buffs from the corr. pretty much only come into play during iTrials, when I team. 

I've got tanks that have handled recluse with ease. Yet, I don't play them because tanking is dull and boring to me. Even with the changes, my tanks can't beat Siege as an EB, even with vast amounts of rage inspirations. But they're great for hami raids. It's about all they are good for. So, I'll keep 'em around. 

I think often of how I would choose to reduce my characters, which ones I would delete... but I've got 1000 slots! I'll wait until I use 'em all up! 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2020 at 8:06 AM, kiramon said:

And farmed it to 50+60 emps, then decided I wanted to make an elec/ice stalker, so i made that to 50+60/fully IOd then decided I wanted to finish the Dom so IO'd that then decided i wanted to do another Dom so now I'm leveling that to 50+60 to IOs... in a period of 2 days.

I CANT STOP MAKING ALTS. Mind you, I already have like 15 characters with 500m-1B builds... 

ERGH. ARGH.

500m-1 billion builds?  My most expensive probably caps around 150-200 mill!   How the hell do you have that much inf?

10 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

500m-1 billion builds?  My most expensive probably caps around 150-200 mill!   How the hell do you have that much inf?

If you were to create all the IOs that you get in drops, convert them all to IOs that usually sell for 2M or more... count how many you get from 1 to 50. You'll easily be over 200 mill just from that, and you still probably earn more merits to have leftover converters that you can sell. That doesn't count actual INF drop or selling common recipes to vendors (which isn't much until the 40s, but then starts to become big). You can set up for a solid build with just what you pick up from drops from 1 to 50, then once you're 50 your build may not be fully IO'd out if it's expensive, but the level 50 common recipes are pretty valuable and you get a lot of those as you work on your Incarnate tiers. If you solo but craft and sell everything, I wouldn't be surprised if an average experience is close to 500 mil by the time you're at T4 in half of the Incarnate slots.