What I play but never see another of...

Jaguaratron

As it says in the title, post what powersets you play but never see others of

Fire/Fire stalker - I have seen ONE other fire armour stalker but he didnt have fire melee

Earth/Earth Dominator

Both of these are incredibly powerful, synergistic and fun yet just dont see others.

Of *course* you didn't see another fire armor stalker.

They have *hide.*

🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Ah, the life of a "unicorn" character... 

I have a KM/Fire Stalker and a Claws/Fire Stalker. Fire Stalkers of all sorts are rare birds. 

My Dark/Ice Stalker and Archery/Time Corruptor are also pretty unusual.

ETA: If you're really curious just HOW rare your combination is... look here

That'll give you the number of them who had made it to 50 as-of March. XD

(It looks like there were 25 Fire/Fire stalkers at 50 back in March.... So, yeah. Pretty unusual.)

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Which is why you stand behind the bad guys for +4 and double damage!

• Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

I have a KM/Fire Stalker and a Claws/Fire Stalker. Fire Stalkers of all sorts are rare birds. 

(It looks like there were 25 Fire/Fire stalkers at 50 back in March.... So, yeah. Pretty unusual.)

Hey thats pretty cool, thanks

19 ice/ice scrappers, I have one of those too.... but earth/earth dominators were right in the top 5, huh.

2 hours ago, Jaguaratron said:

As it says in the title, post what powersets you play but never see others of

Fire/Fire stalker - I have seen ONE other fire armour stalker but he didnt have fire melee

Earth/Earth Dominator

Both of these are incredibly powerful, synergistic and fun yet just dont see others.

50+ earth/earth Dom here.

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Cool, according to this, only 14 people have made psy/fire sentinels. I have a bit of a unicorn. 😄

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I'm on Torchbearer, if my 2¢ worth has any relevance…

Until last night, hadn't seen another Mind/Psi dominator (which I thought was odd, the forums mention them plenty). And it seems to be the most popular dom combo according to the stats; I guess I just don't play in the same circles as these folks, or they all exist on some other server. Or possible I just didn't notice (though psi AoE noise is tough to miss). Of course 388 isn't alot by any measure, spread over five instances?

I've played a Claws/DA to 50 three times prior to HC, and am working on him again on HC. I doubt I saw this combo more than a handful of times in those long years. And yes, I played this back in the days of the looping /DA sounds. Only 17 of us on HC, so I guess I'm as much an oddball on HC as I was on live. I remember on Live meeting another Claws/DA was like "hello brother, you sadistic soul!" Seriously, two Claws/DA's seeing each other would stop, take time out, and say hi. Not sure why I enjoy the combo so much…maybe it's because his concept and visuals are just so much fun.

I have a small slew of these.  I've never seen another of  Fire/TA, Ice/TA, Ice/Traps, Mind/Poison, or Fire/FF.  Most of those I can understand, but Fire/FF is just a furious ball of lay down and die, and I think everyone should stop what they're doing and roll one right now.  

On the other hand, I've had people exclaim they've never seen another Ice/Storm, and I see them ALL the time, so maybe I'm just blinking when these oddballs drive by.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

It's interesting... Supposedly there are rather a lot of Psi/Energy Stalkers around. But I've never seen one "in the wild", other than my own.

I was a little boggled trying to figure that one out... how they could be both plentiful AND absolutely absent...  until someone pointed out that Psi/Energy Stalkers are a PvP thing. Mine isn't. I don't PvP in this game at all. But if all of Ajda's brothers-and-sisters are living their virtual lives in the Arena or RV, it makes sense that I'd never have come across them. 

That may be true of some of the other "But where ARE THEY?"-cases. 

• Like 1

Back on live I was the only storm/energy defender I ever saw in-game....there was another on the forums but diff server I think.

Currently I am working on incarnates for my kin/bio brute.....not a combo I have seen on anyone else, most brutes are farming lol

KM/Bio brutes are great fun.... A friend has one and he's just about the most brutal brute I've ever seen. XD

I was really surprised how few Broadsword/Bio brutes there were. My Semnai was one of something like 13? 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1

Just now, Coyotedancer said:

KM/Bio brutes are great fun.... A friend has one and he's just about the most brutal brute I've ever seen. XD

Yes very fun!  Since bio is so good anyway I gave her a basement build...sets are yellow, a few orange procs, her shinies are her ATOs.

I play on Reunion.

I haven't seen any other Grav/Time Controllers there.

But, it seems to be the 5th most popular Controller combination.

It's even able to hold some AVs all by their lonesome.

Granted, I have a chance of hold in about 4 or 5 powers to go with the 3 holds I have.

That might have something to do with it.