Power Transfer Chance to Heal

The_Warpact

I routinely use 2 slots in stamina and use performance shifter proc and power transfer proc.  That usually works quite well.  But if someone can chime in with info I would be thrilled, am I just relying on perf shif and pow trans doing nothing?

@EmmySky Wouldn't the PTransfer proc give you an occasional green number out of the blue, the way the Panacea proc does?  Or is it literally a heal proc, where you'd have to be at less than 100% HP when it hits to derive any benefit?  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

15 minutes ago, roleki said:

@EmmySky Wouldn't the PTransfer proc give you an occasional green number out of the blue, the way the Panacea proc does?  Or is it literally a heal proc, where you'd have to be at less than 100% HP when it hits to derive any benefit?  

I have no idea and I usually also slot some other stuff that gives random green numbers so IF I were actually paying attention I still may not know where aforementioned green number originated.  Prev med proc offers giant PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE word across your screen to help you out but I am unsure about others.

Edit: when I get home I will grab an empty toon and just put the pow trans proc in and test it but that'll be a few hours...am taking my dad to doc right now.

Edited by EmmySky
  • Thanks 1

It depends on the Archetype to determine exactly how impactful the PT Heal proc is. It is a 3 PPM proc that heals 5% of your Base HP. If it helps, I have a cheatsheet in my signature that compares the Panacea heal proc, Power Transfer heal proc, and all the various Regeneration global IOs. In all cases in terms of Hit Points per Second, the PT heal proc is better than all +Regen global IOs, and on occasion is better than Panacea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I will add, just in case someone gets the idea of slotting a ton of PT procs, it can only proc once per cast and there is an issue with that mechanic that prevents multiple procs from different sources at the same time (like slotting one in Stamina and another in Physical Perfection). That impact will diminish returns on slotting multiples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Ok I took a lvl 22 sentinel with all empty slots (don't judge me) and put a power transfer proc in stamina.  Random +28 in green floating above my head.  It works!  Oh, and she's just standing at the vendor so no outgoing health, blue and green are both full bars, no toggles or attacks or anything.

As far as how much is contributes to the end mod part of stamina I'm still uncertain.  Maybe someone knows?  

Edited by EmmySky
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

Ok that explains that, thanks I appreciate it. 

If you switch to Desktop View on your phone's internet options, it should show up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

Ok I took a lvl 22 sentinel with all empty slots (don't judge me) and put a power transfer proc in stamina.  Random +28 in green floating above my head.  It works!  Oh, and she's just standing at the vendor so no outgoing health, blue and green are both full bars, no toggles or attacks or anything.

As far as how much is contributes to the end mod part of stamina I'm still uncertain.  Maybe someone knows?  

it contributes nothing to stamina. It does not enhance endurance modifications and it does not proc endurance.

30 minutes ago, Bopper said:

it contributes nothing to stamina. It does not enhance endurance modifications and it does not proc endurance.

Very interesting.

So, if ya need a random boost to health put this in stamina.  If you are having end issues this will not help.

Most of my girls (at appropriate levels) run Numina proc and Panacea proc in health and Perf Shift proc and Pow Trans proc in stamina.  It seems that this is not the most efficient slotting so I may look at that going forward.  It also isnt 'bad' slotting as all my girls are supah and haven't sacrificed slots elsewhere.

Good info, folks, keep the flow of education going!

Kinda crazy that the good Stamina procs go in Health and the good Health procs go in stamina. But that's par for the course.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

It always varies by character... some have greater endurance needs than others. 

But I tend to use: 

• 2 slots in Health:  Miracle proc, and Panacea proc
  • 2 slots in Stamina:  Perf Shifter proc, and Power Transfer proc.

If I find myself losing the END curve, I'll take out the Power Transfer proc and slap in a Perf Shift:End Mod piece to at least get a 2-piece bonus there.

And of course, it's not always *just* about Stamina and Health.

My Storm/Sonic Defender also leverages Annihilation set, and Reactive Defenses, and Preventative Medicine to stack a few "-% End Cost For All Powers" bonuses.

My Fire/Fire/Fire Sentinel went nuts and uses Annihilation, Reactive Defenses, Unbreakable Guard, and Preventative Medicine for 4 sources of that set bonus.  

It really makes a heck of a difference over long fights with many toggles and many click powers activated.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bopper said:

I will add, just in case someone gets the idea of slotting a ton of PT procs, it can only proc once per cast and there is an issue with that mechanic that prevents multiple procs from different sources at the same time (like slotting one in Stamina and another in Physical Perfection). That impact will diminish returns on slotting multiples.

not unless you slot them in elec powers 😉 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Not 100% on which EA you're referring to, but on click powers that can slot the proc you can ramp up healing quite a lot.

Yup. My Shield/Elec tank runs 5 PT:Heals, all slotted in attacks, and I see a nice regular stream of little green numbers floating up. It's only in auto powers where multiple PT:Heals deliver diminishing returns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

I have the Power Transfer Chance to Heal in White Dwarf on my PB which is a 'mini' stamina power.

While in White Dwarf form it does intermittently proc for a plus heal. I expect the same would happen in Stamina. If this is valuable or best for your build I do not know. 🙂

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

On 8/6/2020 at 10:12 PM, DoctorDitko said:

Kinda crazy that the good Stamina procs go in Health and the good Health procs go in stamina. But that's par for the course.

It's kind of helpful if you want to focus on one of the aspects- you can get the extra healing without giving up Health slots, or extra recovery without giving up Stamina slots.

• Like 1

True enough! (Post-apocalyptic voice:)

"The ancient engineers built well!"

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 8/8/2020 at 9:10 PM, Zep said:

I have the Power Transfer Chance to Heal in White Dwarf on my PB which is a 'mini' stamina power.

While in White Dwarf form it does intermittently proc for a plus heal. I expect the same would happen in Stamina. If this is valuable or best for your build I do not know. 🙂

Proc is defo usefull even if its only 5% base hp.