Gaussian's Fire-Control - A long-suffered question.

Lines

Are you sure there's not supposed to be some punctuation in there?

The faculty who had chosen to eat outside on this beautiful, fateful day had their otherwise peaceful lunch interrupted by the sound of breaking glass. Looking up, they saw Dr. Streusel tumbling out of a window, with what they swore was a beam of waterfowl propelling him, reaching into the sky as he fell out of its path. Mad laughter followed as another figure came to the broken window and yelled down at the reesearcher, who had fallen into the decorative shrubs around the entrance.

"See? Duck ray! You'll never call me a quack again!"

Edited by Greycat
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Are you sure there's not supposed to be some punctuation in there?

The faculty who had chosen to eat outside on this beautiful, fateful day had their otherwise peaceful lunch interrupted by the sound of breaking glass. Looking up, they saw Dr. Streusel tumbling out of a window, with what they swore was a beam of ducks propelling him, reaching into the sky as he fell out of its path. Mad laughter followed as another figure came to the broken window and yelled down at the reesearcher, who had fallen into the decorative shrubs around the entrance.

"See? Duck ray!"

You take over the world your way, I'll do it the adorable way.

Also, my requisition for punctuation was refused by the Punctuation Ration Board, so I had to design the weapon without punctuation.  So thanks for that, everyone who throws unnecessary apostrophes into words.  I'm sending the commandos after you first.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Anyone else use the 'Grilled Cheese' set, or how about the 'Easter Island Statue' set?  'Giant Eyeball'?  'He's got the whole world in His hands' set?  Lets not forget the 'Sack of Money' set and the 'Red Sack of Money' set.  I've got tons of these, 'Bear Paw', 'Whoom Whoom', 'Diamond Earring', 'Praise Hands' and 'Clapping Hands'.

So yeah, if ya'll say 'what have you got slotted in X power?', expect to hear a totally off-brand name, because I calls 'em like I sees 'em! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

That looks like one very good shot group.

Bullet holes the size of matzah balls!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lines said:

I thought they were gears too.

I've also always thought they were gears, but now I look at them more closely they're clearly too irregular and don't mesh properly. They definitely look a lot more like bullet impacts surrounded by lead splashes.

To be fair, if someone told me to draw the concept of Serendipity in the context of defense, I'm not sure what I'd choose.  A bullet stuck halfway through a pocket bible, maybe?

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

I've also always thought they were gears, but now I look at them more closely they're clearly too irregular and don't mesh properly.

I didn't think they were particularly good gears.

Incidentally, I still can't figure out what the shapes bottom left of Gaussian's are all about. It just doesn't read box to me.

Edited by Lines

1 hour ago, Lines said:

Incidentally, I still can't figure out what the shapes bottom left of Gaussian's are all about. It just doesn't read box to me.

It's the top of a yoke (the thing you steer jets and drones with), or a racing steering wheel (butterfly/H configuration).

Why would there be a toggle on a steering wheel?  Nitrous oxide.

Why would there be a toggle on a yoke, instead of a button?  Missile arming control.  It has to be flipped before the missile can be armed and fired, and unless it is flipped, the missile can't detonate if the aircraft is struck by enemy fire.  Safety features are pretty important when you're capable of reducing an entire city block to rubble with one oopsie, or in a dogfight.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Oh right! So I guess we're looking at the right-hand... handy bit with the... thumb resty thing on the inside. Ok, the geometry is making some sense to me now.

There's a swirling shape just left of the middle of the icon that's catching the light, which is what's really throwing me off. I don't think it's where the cover pivots, because that's a circle on the cover itself.

<time passes>

OH! Is it another button? I was reading it as one continuous swirl!

I coloured it and adjusted the light so that the geometry made a little more sense to me:

835759084_GaussiansMakesSenseNow.jpg.2e7969b508b6d35d6f796f7b3b51cc42.jpg

(It would also help if the cover didn't tangent with the border of the IO)

Edited by Lines