Gaussian's Fire-Control - A long-suffered question.

Lines

• Retired Game Master

It's a switch with an open switch cover, much like this one.

spacer.png

Edited by GM Aurarius
Added a picture.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The Support page is always accessible should you require assistance or need to check the status of an already submitted ticket.

Consider volunteering as a Community Helper or Game Master || Gerne können Sie auch auf Deutsch mit mir in Kontakt treten, sollte dies für Sie einfacher sein. || GM Aurarius#7840 on Discord.

10 minutes ago, GM Aurarius said:

It's a switch with an open switch cover

Yep! Like this: (and GM Aurarius posted their own photo in the meantime)

pilot-safety-cover-toggle-switch-23.jpg.92c55ef2af66708b10a5a49dc6b884b9.jpg

Sudden acceleration is the one I wonder about. I have stared at that icon for hours trying to figure out what it is.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
beaten on the picture
  • Thanks 1

Good lord. I even own a whole load of those myself and I wasn't seeing it. It looked like some weird horned dragon thing to me.

Though the left hand side of the box looks a little... swirly?

I thought sudden acceleration was part of a car, but looking at it now I'm not so sure.

Looking at it, I *think* it's supposed to be a speedometer or tach suddenly ... showing acceleration.

But it's a little odd. THe black bit looks like a top hat.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I can't picture it as a duck eating a hat, but would certainly not rule it out as a possibility. My best guess is that it is a red gas pedal (accelerator) on a car being pitched forward (down), with the little black bit as the pivot point, but I am only about 25% confident in that guess.

5 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I can't picture it as a duck eating a hat, but would certainly not rule it out as a possibility. My best guess is that it is a red gas pedal (accelerator) on a car being pitched forward (down), with the little black bit as the pivot point, but I am only about 25% confident in that guess.

Gaussian's is the duck-eating hat. The hat is the cover at the top and the bill is the lever. It's looking up.

Accelerator is a good shout, though.

39 minutes ago, Lines said:

Gaussian's is the duck-eating hat. The hat is the cover at the top and the bill is the lever. It's looking up.

Well I feel like a double dummy now, because I misunderstood which icon you meant, and because I still can't quite see the duck eating the hat. I've always seen it as a toggle switch and I think I am just having a hard time picturing it as anything else.

4 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Oh, the See Duck Ray is working now.

I can confirm this, because now I can see Sudden Acceleration as a duck eating a hat.

2 hours ago, Lines said:

Good lord. I even own a whole load of those myself and I wasn't seeing it. It looked like some weird horned dragon thing to me.

Though the left hand side of the box looks a little... swirly?

I thought sudden acceleration was part of a car, but looking at it now I'm not so sure.

I’m going to be honest. I’ve never really looked closely at the IO icon for guassians. That coupled with the fact that I have really bad eye sight, the only thing that caught my eye was what appear to be two red things sticking out the back of something. To me the red things looked like wings sticking straight up. So I always thought it was like a bird or a dragon haha. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Oh, the See Duck Ray is working now.  Good.  Very good.

It won't be long now.  Not long at all.

😈

I can't wait to hear the tragic villain backstory that resolved you to making everybody want to see ducks. I feel like this is gonna be a good one.

1 minute ago, Lines said:

I can't wait to hear the tragic villain backstory that resolved you to making everybody want to see ducks. I feel like this is gonna be a good one.

Oh, no.  Uh uh.  No way.  I will NOT start monologuing in the middle of the plan.  I'VE SEEN THE MOTION PICTURES, I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 minute ago, Lines said:

Drat. Guess I'll have to hold on till the gloating phase.

That comes after I finish the Waddle Bomb.  But by then, my Quack Commando Team will have located you and delivered a fatal dose of Tail Wiggle (guaranteed to cause squeeing, and possibly cardiac arrest from sheer delight), so you WON'T BE AROUND TO SEE IT!

Shit.  I monologued.  *facepalm*

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.