Dev Diary - Piecemeal's Workshop of Horrors

Piecemeal

Not to be mistaken for the regular Clockshadows Column of the Devouring Hell-Council Outcast Consortium Freakaloks Legacy Family Club, who splintered from the Sky Clockshadows Column of the Devouring Hell-Council Outcast Consortium Freakaloks Legacy Family Club because they felt the jetpacks they were using were much too clunky and dangerous.

But really, I think we're supposed to be talking about the Lost Imperial Arach-Tsoo Sky Clocktroll Skullwork Freaklok Council in this thread, no?  At least if Glaci's guesstimate compilation is correct, any way.

Edit:   I just realized that @Patti has used "Freakalok" instead of "Freaklok."  Honestly . . . I think I kinda prefer it with the extra syllable.  Although, wouldn't it be "Freakilok?"

@Piecemeal . . . thoughts?

Edited by FoulVileTerror
Typo, or Not a Typo?

• Retired Developer
13 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Not to be mistaken for the regular Clockshadows Column of the Devouring Hell-Council Outcast Consortium Freakaloks Legacy Family Club, who splintered from the Sky Clockshadows Column of the Devouring Hell-Council Outcast Consortium Freakaloks Legacy Family Club because they felt the jetpacks they were using were much too clunky and dangerous.

But really, I think we're supposed to be talking about the Lost Imperial Arach-Tsoo Sky Clocktroll Skullwork Freaklok Council in this thread, no?  At least if Glaci's guesstimate compilation is correct, any way.

Edit:   I just realized that @Patti has used "Freakalok" instead of "Freaklok."  Honestly . . . I think I kinda prefer it with the extra syllable.  Although, wouldn't it be "Freakilok?"

I must decline, on behalf of Freakilok sounding like an adult themed version of Goldilocks!

• Haha 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

47 minutes ago, Piecemeal said:
14 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

I must decline, on behalf of Freakilok sounding like an adult themed version of Goldilocks!

Oh I don't know, why wouldn't splinter factions have splinter factions? There could be an Arc called "The Spelling Bee" in a similar vein to Freaklympics...

(I was going to make another comment, but then I typed "Freakylok and the Three Tank Smashers" and realized my error 🙂 )

• 3 weeks later

A Devoured Nemesis army in Eden, being opposed by the Nemesis Automatons whose fake bodies aren't mutated by the Will of the Earth!

The Devoured all have spiffy military caps!

It's most certainly NOT a Nemesis plot to transform Lord Nemesis into immortal goo!

• 2 weeks later
  • Retired Developer

Did you guys hear that? I swear I heard something...

• Confused 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• Retired Developer

Mua-ha-ha-ha! MINE IS AN EVIL LAUGH!

I had a breakthrough.

I thought maybe you could hear me from anywhere on the planet, laughing.

OR MAYBE IT'S ISSUE 27!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0xh4qopQpk

• Like 1

• 5 months later
On 9/24/2020 at 12:07 PM, Piecemeal said:

Problematically, the world of Praetoria was destroyed as you know it by the game's lore before sunset. The Hamidon has won, save for one single bastion of humanity left. If and when we go back, it'll be about closing up that story thread.

ANNND what about inserting a few extra missions in BEFORE it goes belly up?  I mean, it's impossible to do them all anyway outside of ouro, but a few more here and there peppered around would be interesting.

And giving Goldsiders access to the actual Last Bastion missions (simply by moving a door and having Six contact them via radio would also be sweet)*

*Yes, I know my having a level 50 Praetorian who never left is odd, let's not dwell on that.  (Abandon Praetoria?  COWARDS!)

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I have now, finally, completed both arcs.

Holy heck they were amazing. Seriously, a level of quality equal to or greater than the late-game Paragon Studios offerings.

I beg you of this: Make the Freakloks and upgraded Vahzilok available for use in the AE, add them to the Newspaper/Radio missions, and let us enjoy the new hotness outside of those arcs.

Let us take what you created and make more content with it, because they're freaking COOL.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steampunkette said:

Let us take what you created and make more content with it, because they're freaking COOL.

Exactly!  *cough* Along with all the other stuff missing from the AE 😄

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• Retired Developer
16 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

I have now, finally, completed both arcs.

Holy heck they were amazing. Seriously, a level of quality equal to or greater than the late-game Paragon Studios offerings.

I beg you of this: Make the Freakloks and upgraded Vahzilok available for use in the AE, add them to the Newspaper/Radio missions, and let us enjoy the new hotness outside of those arcs.

14 hours ago, Darmian said:

Exactly!  *cough* Along with all the other stuff missing from the AE 😄

We cannot confirm or deny these things as a possible future maybe with an elevated chance of likely. There might need to be more powers work done on them first, perhaps. A truly villainous dev, I would have been, if these enemies were hostile in their current state.

Don't even get me started on first revision Decaying Eidolons, which some would hit a blaster for 1500 damage at level 30.

AMBITION. IT'S A ROCKY ROAD UP THAT MOUNTAIN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I finally got a chance to play the new Issue 27 arc and I LOVE what you've done. ^_^ Dr Buzzsaw and the Vaz are my absolute favs and it's AMAZING to see them get some higher level love! You really built on their personalities and gave them some more meat while drilling in on what made them so wonderful. 😄 And the tone and style of the writing is just perfect! It has the wacky fun and deranged ambition of all the best redside arcs, the sense that you're building something beautiful and horrible and gathering all your diabolical friends around to watch it go KA-BLOOSH. (The fact that the mission prompt literally calls them your friends made me so happy heheh.) I can't WAIT to see what you do next! ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by VulnaviaPhibes
  • Like 1

I'd run the Blueside arc a couple of times, but over the last while on Reunion the Hounds have been running a Bring Out Yer Dead weekly team where we play the Abandoned Ones. The chars who got stuck, unplayed, somewhere along the line. 

Last time we did the blueside arcs, this week the Red side. Absolutely loved it, although it is chaotic as hell. They're easily strong enough & unique enough to be new TFs. 

Also I can has Ickle PP as a pet? kthxbye. 

• 3 months later
  • Retired Developer

Duly noted.

The next set of projected content will continue the story in a more manageable set of stories, culminating in (hopefully) a trial.

• Like 2