What are your top ten?

Zepp

What are the top ten changes you think need to be handled?

1. Recharge reduction for Support and Control Sets
  2. Increased efficacy of some debuffs for high level content
  3. Increased efficacy of control in high level content
  4. Adjustments to Sentinel's inherent (combining effects?)
  5. Regen (mainly adjustments to Instant Healing - making it more reliable and moving some of its effect to an absorption shield to improve alpha management)
  6. Armor T9s
  7. Energy Melee
  8. A whip-based assault set (infernal assault)
  9. A new Archetype that combines Manipulation (blaster secondary) and Assault (dominator secondary)
  10. Illusion ported as is to Doms

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

These are purely opinion, right?

1. Stone Armor

2. Energy Melee

3. Armor t9

4. Kheldian toggle suppression

5. Regen

6. Force Field

7. Rage (-def is dumb sorry not sorry)

8. Traps

9. Assault Rifle

10. Stone Armor

Honorable Mention

Paladin Event

Edited by Super Atom

#1 ANIMATION MODIFICATION. the animations are there. All attacks should have at least 1 different animation to choose from.

#2 Aoe/single target balance between cast times, recharge and damage. Basically the longer the cast time the greater the damage and single target should do way more damage than aoe's

#3 Energy melee (what happened here?)

#4 Super Strength crash, nuff said

#5 T9's should feel worth it

#6 invite friends mid flashback missions

#7 More passive accolades, giant monster hunter, etc.

#8 pvp loot table rewards need to be updated. (i dont pvp, but still its terrible)

#9 a higher difficulty level than 4x8 for people who want more of a challenge

#0  Nemesis system improvement. Your clone/nemesis should appear regularly and randomly in an effort to thwart your plans. 

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

#1 EM buffs

#2 Regen buffs

#3 TW nerfs (sorry, the sooner the band-aid is pulled off, the better)

#4 Epic normalization - fixing all the incorrect recharges and effect scales in Epics

#5 Trick Arrow buffs

#6 low-hanging fruit pass - several sets like Traps can be made a lot better (or just more SO-friendly) with very simple tweaks.  I'd love to see a portion of a page dedicated to finding them

#7 New Epics (This is why #4 is on this list, since it will happen first)

#8 New Control sets

#9 New Blast sets

#10 Melee|Manipulation/Support AT

EDIT: wow, there's so much I want renovated I completely blanked Stone Armor and Armor tier 9s.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1

#01 Add my suggested Time Energy Armor in the Eco Friendly Thread ^_^

#02 Regen Buffs

#03 Port EM to Scrappers

#04 Buff EM

#05 Give Scrapper Epics Energy Blast Option for Laser Eyes

#06 Port Animations to other sets

#07 More Epics, so more theme/concept options!

#08 More set additions from Eco Friendly Thread

#09 More Incarnate Options in the current Incarnate Types (Destiny/Interface/etc)

#10  More TFs

1. EM Buffs

2. SS ported to Scrappers and whatever adjustments to allow that to proceed.

3. Energy Aura ported to tankers.

4. On sets like unbreakable guard and shield wall where you can only have 1 6 slotted set - allow an alternate non unique ENH to get more of the 6 slotted set bonuses.

5. Battalion story lines.

6. Additional Difficulty options - by unique enemies or damage types - not just scaled up more difficult.

7. Team size increase to 12.

8. Wind Control.

9. Water Control.

10. Most importantly Wrasslin melee.  lol

• Like 2

1. Moar Power animation choices
  2. Branching paths in AE missions, perhaps using the "Moral Choice" buttons, but some way to provide multiple "win" paths with different dialogue for each one. 
  3. Ability to talk to any contact in any zone who you'd outleveled, and auto-link that to Flashbacks/Ouro system. It would auto-exemplar you down so long as that mission is the active mission, and release the exemplar when you exit/turn in the mission. 
  4. Ability to invite to TF's in progress, either with warning note that you will receive no rewards, OR, some mechanicms to sliding-scale the rewards based on % completion.  No badges should be awarded to anyone who wasnt' there for the Whole Thing.
  5. "Partial" respec system.  Choose between "Full Respec" (what we have now) or Partial, to move individual slots from power to power, or drop-a-power-pick-a-power (moving any slotted enhancements to the bin below)
    • drop-a-power-pick-a-power would still of course need to enforce all relevant "you must have at least two powers from this pool before selecting this power" restrictions, so you'd have to drop those BEFORE you could drop enough T1/T2/T3 powers in that pool
  6. Speed up Teleport animations to be as fast as Speed Of Sound / Jaunt.  Some option to decline the auto-hover.
    • would be okay if achieved with selecting "Teleport" as a power, gave you TWO powers  "Travel Teleport" and "Combat Teleport" and the combat one didnd't include auto-hover. 
    • Not unlike how "Staff Mastery" gives you the three "Form of" toggles.  Would also allow "Combat Teleport" to be shorter range, if that was desired by the devs.
  7. If /enterbasefrompasscode will always be a thing, or if it will be removed but replaced by something virtually the same, I would removed Long Range Teleport from the game and add something like Burst Of Speed from Martial Kombat to the Teleport Pool (most travel pools do have an "Attack" option).
  8. Support/Melee OR Melee/Support AT
  9. Allow Martial/Reach For The Limit to be slottable and take To-Hit Buff Sets.
  10. More Story Arcs like First Ward / Night Ward.  More content like that means you don't NEED higher difficulty settings.  It ramps up the difficulty the right way, not just bullet sponges but mobs that do more things and stress groups harder.
Edited by MTeague
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, summers said:

Reduce time to kill in high level content and I think you solve many of the problems

In what content are you not killing stuff fast enough? A full team of incarnates can steamroll through just about anything. This game is too easy, not too hard.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1. Old Energy Transfer
  2. Black Market price fix
  3. Hamidon Origin enhancement convertors
  4. Ala Carte Respec (aka unslotter for powers & slots)
  5. Player Created Content porting to in-game content
  6. Ala Carte Pool Powers
  7. Incarnates impact on pre-50 content
  8. Quality of life improvements for player created content
  9. New player focus (forums & in-game link to)
  10. Challenge Mode (unending wave of enemies with increasing difficulty. Bonus: a leader board that resets bi-weekly)

Wish list:

• More mini games (favorite: Battle for Siren's Call)
  • Pinball machines that work

We could easily check some off my list right away and move on to the harder stuff. Please confirm:

• Old Energy Transfer imminent
  • Black Market fix in the works
  • Ala Carte Respec the page 6 gift from the amazing devs.
  • Hamidon Origin enhancement convertors "we're trying! there's a list!"

wake up Troo, wake up

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Since our current Dev team is small and limited in what they can do, I wanted to propose one idea that's a bit different. If the HC team acquires the rights to legitimately use the CoH IP then they should reach out to the other rogue servers and see if they're willing to come onboard to the HC team. I see some of the other servers have added various things so why not get that material here, review it, balance it and add it to the HC game. HC appears to be the one server that is closest to Live and the only one I want to play on. However, I have seen some promotional material for the other servers and the powers, SoA Tarantula path, ATs....they seem really awesome! Now, I haven't played them but that's a lot of material right there. It'd be an awesome add and allow players to have a lot more stuff to do. Adding all of that in a single issue would be bigger than any issue the Live team provided (or close to). There. My wish 🙂

• Like 1

@BurtHutt Thats not a bad idea and may be in the works. But just fyi - it's a long road.

Not to side track this thread but simply complying with rules and regulations that have come out since the game retired.. eesh could be a big effort.

Spoiler

Example:

As of January 1, 2019, video game developers and publishers are now subject to certain accessibility requirements under the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA) that apply to manufacturers and providers of advanced communications services (ACS). Among other things, video game developers and publishers are required to keep records of their efforts to comply with the ACS accessibility requirements, and they must submit annual recordkeeping compliance certifications to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the first of which is due for video game developers and publishers on April 1, 2020. This update provides a summary of ACS accessibility requirements and enforcement mechanisms, and offers video game developers and publishers best practice tips on how to facilitate ACS compliance.

In other news - Re-reading the page 6 notes it appears some of the things on peoples lists are in progress. Woot!

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

6 minutes ago, Troo said:

@BurtHutt Thats not a bad idea and may be in the works. But just fyi - it's a long road.

Not to side track this thread but simply complying with rules and regulations that have come out since the game retired.. eesh could be a big effort.

Hide contents

Example:

As of January 1, 2019, video game developers and publishers are now subject to certain accessibility requirements under the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA) that apply to manufacturers and providers of advanced communications services (ACS). Among other things, video game developers and publishers are required to keep records of their efforts to comply with the ACS accessibility requirements, and they must submit annual recordkeeping compliance certifications to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the first of which is due for video game developers and publishers on April 1, 2020. This update provides a summary of ACS accessibility requirements and enforcement mechanisms, and offers video game developers and publishers best practice tips on how to facilitate ACS compliance.

In other news - Re-reading the page 6 notes it appears some of the things on peoples lists are in progress. Woot!

Oh I have no doubt it's a long road. I think players are stoked about getting to play CoH again but there's only so long players will stick around before they move on. I made lots of new pals here but they're on breaks as it's the same old, same old....even CoH can't sustain if content isn't added....well, there will always be the die-hards but ya...

So, add the cool stuff from other servers and combine efforts. I have no idea if these various teams are able to operate together or have any desire to do so but one thing is clear: they all have the same goal in mind which is to keep this game thriving. If the various Dev teams are splintered across various rogue servers then there won't be any huge improvements or adds to the game. Combine, work together and add the good stuff that works.

New thread.

..that's my bad

Back on topic:

On 9/22/2020 at 1:04 AM, Zepp said:

What are the top ten changes you think need to be handled?

1. Recharge reduction for Support and Control Sets
  2. Increased efficacy of some debuffs for high level content
  3. Increased efficacy of control in high level content
  4. Adjustments to Sentinel's inherent (combining effects?)
  5. Regen (mainly adjustments to Instant Healing - making it more reliable and moving some of its effect to an absorption shield to improve alpha management)
  6. Armor T9s
  7. Energy Melee
  8. A whip-based assault set (infernal assault)
  9. A new Archetype that combines Manipulation (blaster secondary) and Assault (dominator secondary)
  10. Illusion ported as is to Doms

Zepp I am curious about #3 and #6, could you expand on those? Definitely yes to #8.

My wish list? Well, the player contact generated/Dev approved pseudo AE contact is up there. Next? Add all of these. I've never actually played any of these but I am sure some balancing and changes would need to be made but it seems the heavy lifting has been done. This would be epic to see all of this added to HC - an already professionally run game! There are tons of cool powers and ATs added on other servers. Could you not combine efforts and ask to use their code, adjust it and balance it then add it here? There seems to be a ton of good stuff. Stuff like:

There's also Wind Control and Holy Light powers but I couldn't find good vids for those. I am sure these powers would need to be balanced and maybe some changes would need to be made but they look like a lot of fun and some are different from what we have.

It's too bad the Vampiir power creators didn't add an option that allows the ability to transform the character into a bat with a few attacks; maybe even have a second form as a wolf as that was another popular form a Vamp could take.

Then I would also ask the Devs add these pool powers that seem to have been ready to go at the end of Live:

Edited by BurtHutt

11 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Oof . . . (many of) those videos are hard to watch due to the audio.

But there's some helpful information in (some of) them.  Thanks for sharing.

A lot of the videos have a lengthy music intro (no reason why) then they go into explanation. Others just have way too much music and no real details. Anyway, there are a few other powers out there that have videos but I THINK this is the majority. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Troo said:

Zepp I am curious about #3 and #6, could you expand on those? Definitely yes to #8.

3: Increased efficacy of control in high level content
-- I am mainly referring to the levels of resistance among elite bosses, AVs, and GMs. These targets basically negate the functionality of control and most of the functionality of many types of debuffs. There needs to be a way to either reduce their resistances to debuffs/controls or otherwise make debuffs and controls relevant against these types of targets.

6: Armor T9s

-- Most Armor T9s are redundant and on extended timers. This is why so few people take them. T9s should fill holes and/or be up more often for shorter periods of time. (150s recharge, 30s duration).

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation