Focused Feedback: Teleportation Pool Revamp

Jimmy

6 minutes ago, Blackbird71 said:

(Underline added for emphasis)

Exactly my point.

You're missing one other thing.

LRT - which, yes, I took - was much more limited in its destinations.

This way? You spend a very short time getting badges (and merits,) and then you have those zones available - more than LRT originally had.  This *is an improvement.*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

First, I love these changes, it makes the Teleport pool 100 times better. I don't have much time to play really and get all those badges on my alts, but I still think the LRTP temp power is ok.

I'm going to +1 in that Warshade Dwarf form needs to have Starless Step changes implemented in it's teleport and as someone that uses Dwarf alot and stays in it in one build, having access to the other teleports as well in that form would be a big +. If necessary just remove Dwarf Teleport and allow the human form ones in all forms.

I've been having issues with Shadow Slip for some reason saying it's still recharging while it's fully recharged and changing forms fixes it, but I can't seem to replicate it in a consistent way. So far it has only happened twice and replicating what I did beforehand wasn't replicating it.

2 minutes ago, macskull said:

For the people that do not badge but have LRT from the teleport pool, this is a nerf. I understand where that poster is coming from.

I see where they are coming from, but from a pragmatic standpoint it's strictly an emotional complaint and not an issue in reality.

I could keep arguing about it, but I'd rather this thread not turn into a rehash of the first Dark Melee thread, and have actual, tested feedback take the majority of the thread's content.

I'm going to +1 in that Warshade Dwarf form needs to have Starless Step changes implemented in it's teleport and as someone that uses Dwarf alot and stays in it in one build

Not just dwarf, I'd love it for nova as well. Dwarf's teleport is already reasonably faster than the human variant.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Confused 1

Teleport Target:  This power (old guise of Teleport Foe) always struck me as annoyingly slow to cast.  Has this been altered / is there grounds to alter it?

A quicker cast, and higher END cost would make it a QoL feature when Recalling a Friend, and tactically more significant in the combat moment, when teleporting a foe.

Tested this a bunch in closed beta. Like how it's looking. I think the recharge of Combat Teleport should be instant, though. (Being able to constantly teleport around in the same way players with hover can constantly fly or people with combat jumping can constantly jump.)

Plus it removes hasten interacting with it as a balance concern. (I.e. Hasten improves combat teleport, but does not improve hover or combat jumping. This seems unbalanced.)

24 minutes ago, Luminara said:

If I can pick up every exploration badge in every zone in under 15 minutes, using nothing but Hurdle, Combat Jumping and, for one badge (Top Dog), a jet pack, it's clearly not that much of a burden.

Is there a guide for this posted somewhere? (I just looked but could not find one.)

I think this would make the LRT transition to an accolade easier for the playerbase.

• Like 1

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

1 hour ago, GM Tahquitz said:

Similar to Fitness, though, all your toons get it for free.  And if you’re not keen on the new TP T5, you can respec to a new choice.

But yes, earning SG Accolade Badges to populate it is a cost in time.  That’s fair.

Can we please make exploration and history badges global for all your toons? The biggest annoyance is having to do this OVER AND OVER on every toon. It's beyond annoying and pointless.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Xanatos said:

(I.e. Hasten improves combat teleport, but does not improve hover or combat jumping. This seems unbalanced.)

So to be clear, you're saying that Hasten being able to make Combat Teleport more effective is unbalanced, while advocating a change that would make Combat Teleport even more effective than Hasten can make it.

Just now, WindDemon21 said:

Can we please make exploration and history badges global for all your toons? The biggest annoyance is having to do this OVER AND OVER on every toon. It's beyond annoying and pointless.

Did you really pick up LRT on every one of your characters?

If anything, I'd say the fact CT's buff has to be actively maintained makes a case for giving it a stronger/better buff than the other two.

The more I play with it, the more underwhelmed I am by the tohit buffs. I'm very much for giving this thing defense.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 1

Just now, Vanden said:

Did you really pick up LRT on every one of your characters?

No, but in general this has ALWAYS been an annoying issue when going for accolades. I would rather the LRT be tied to doing a trial in each zone instead of exploration badges, and make expl/hist badges account wide.

2 minutes ago, Xanatos said:

Is there a guide for this posted somewhere? (I just looked but could not find one.)

None of which I'm aware.

Quick and dirty guide:

Install the map pack from this thread.

Set up the map window to an appropriate location and size (i prefer top right corner, about 3" square).

Zoom in to at least 75% (on a smaller window) or 50% (on a larger window).

Note the locations of each badge in the zone, plan out a route in your head.

Right-click on the first badge to set a waypoint.

Travel to badge.

Drag the map (not the window, the map itself) to the next badge on your route.

Rinse and repeat.  At any time, you can right-click on a waypoint to dismiss it.

That's how I acquire all of the exploration badges on my characters, if I haven't picked them up already.  It never takes more than a few minutes, in any zone, and it's something I can do even with a 1500+ ping (hate Verizon so much), when I can't do anything else in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Have you tested the power in combat, @WindDemon21? I find I never actually hit the threshold that triggers the cooldown.

Combat Teleport is my new favorite toy.  So good.

I spent some time spamming it both using a $target macro and clicking locations and noticed a couple of things:

1. +To-hit will stack (3x) during the "3-clicks before cooldown" window.  All of them wear off before the unenhanced CD expires.  There is potential for carrying a decent +to-hit bonus, and I like it.

2. It seems to carry a sort of "rolling counter" for the cooldown.  So 1, 2, 3, <CD>, 1, <CD>, 1, 2, 3, <CD>, 1, 2, <CD> patterns seemed to be happening.  This may have been a side-effect of a poor connection, but I would have to try it longer to really tell.

3. Gaussian's Proc didn't fire once during either round of testing.  This might be expected behavior given the low recharge time and 1 ppm.  Not enough time spent to say meaningfully.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

5 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Then you can just stick to using trains, ferries, SG bases, and Ouroboros and only pick up the LRT accolades on characters with teleporter concepts, like you've been doing until now.

It's not about that, it's about having to get these on every toon for the accolades. I don't mind LRT being outside of the tp pool, but in your defense, about not having LRT automatically granted to every toon, where the expl/hist badges should be accountwide, tying LRT to doing trials/tfs in each zone instead of exploration badges would allow to still have the expl/hist badges go accountwide without automatically granting every one of your characters LRT.

11 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

3. Gaussian's Proc didn't fire once during either round of testing.  This might be expected behavior given the low recharge time and 1 ppm.  Not enough time spent to say meaningfully.

I think you're right. I just started watching out for this and didn't see it proc.

I thought that would be an amazing place to have it, but it's just not happening.

Just now, WindDemon21 said:

Because they make your characters better?? And not everything for them to be proliferated accountwide, just the exploration and history ones.

So is this like an, OCD, compulsion thing? Because nothing's forcing you to complete your LRT destinations list, and you've lost nothing if you didn't spend a power pick on LRT.

• Like 1

Just now, Vanden said:

So is this like an, OCD, compulsion thing? Because nothing's forcing you to complete your LRT destinations list, and you've lost nothing if you didn't spend a power pick on LRT.

In part possibly, but also as a HUGE QoL thing as well, cause JESUS is it annoying having to redo the exploration/history badges over and over (more so than anything else in this game)

2 minutes ago, Vanden said:

So to be clear, you're saying that Hasten being able to make Combat Teleport more effective is unbalanced, while advocating a change that would make Combat Teleport even more effective than Hasten can make it.

Yes.

Hover and Combat Jumping are at 100% uptime.

Combat teleport has a 22% uptime. Hasten increases this number to something like 33%.

Switching Combat Teleport to instant recharge would help bridge this gap.

1 minute ago, Luminara said:

None of which I'm aware.

Quick and dirty guide:

Install the map pack from this thread.

Set up the map window to an appropriate location and size (i prefer top right corner, about 3" square).

Zoom in to at least 75% (on a smaller window) or 50% (on a larger window).

Note the locations of each badge in the zone, plan out a route in your head.

Right-click on the first badge to set a waypoint.

Travel to badge.

Drag the map (not the window, the map itself) to the next badge on your route.

Rinse and repeat.  At any time, you can right-click on a waypoint to dismiss it.

That's how I acquire all of the exploration badges on my characters, if I haven't picked them up already.  It never takes more than a few minutes, in any zone, and it's something I can do even with a 1500+ ping (hate Verizon so much), when I can't do anything else in the game.

Ah okay,  was curious if you had a zone order you did it in or something. 15 minutes to get every exploration badge seems really quick. Given that there's 53 zones in the game with exploration badges. (Assuming someone has a super computer that only takes 10s on the loading screens, that's 9-18 minutes on loading screens alone. Add in an average of 2 per minutes per zone getting the badges, and you're looking at 3-3.5 hours hours to get all the game's exploration badges.)

• Confused 1

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

1 minute ago, WindDemon21 said:

Because they make your characters better?? And not everything for them to be proliferated accountwide, just the exploration and history ones.

So you want all of your future characters to forego all of the experience and merits they'd otherwise earn for picking up the exploration badges?

Doesn't sound like an improvement to me.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

3 minutes ago, Vanden said:

So is this like an, OCD, compulsion thing?

... I've spent enough time around badgers to "get" that. Sort of. 

That said, the current (live) LRT doesn't give you every zone. It's fairly limited. If you go into a zone for something, you can spend - two minutes, perhaps, aside from Nerva and IP (long) or the Shard (... the shard) getting the explore badges and end up with a custom list for that character. (And I'll say, as someone with 100-ish alts already (and growing) I already do this just for the merits. I always seem to find a few minutes I'm doing nothing in, or see I'm 5 or fewer mertis away from something I want, run to a zone, grab the explores and get it done. Nothing says you HAVE to do this all at once.)

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, Xanatos said:

Yes.

Hover and Combat Jumping are at 100% uptime.

Combat teleport has a 22% uptime. Hasten increases this number to something like 33%.

Switching Combat Teleport to instant recharge would help bridge this gap.

Jumping and flying can also be suppressed by debuffs whereas teleportation cannot be.

Edited by Arcadio

Just now, Luminara said:

So you want all of your future characters to forego all of the experience and merits they'd otherwise earn for picking up the exploration badges?

Doesn't sound like an improvement to me.

Exp is extremely minute vs almost anything else, and merits honestly could still be awarded, or isn't that big of a loss anyway overall.